Cars & Transportation Beautiful Cars

Remove this Banner Ad

Very 80s
Has a nostalgic retro Anime vibe or a "modern" Soviet limo feel (in the body shape).

a little off topic but this train station in east perth is heritage listed

1637099698728.png

I can only assume it was heritage listed, as an example of architecture in Australia if the soviets won the cold war

1989-Honda-RC30-R-Front2-730x596.jpg

Bikes welcome here?
Was thinking earlier today that introducing bikes to this thread might give it a bit more life. That's ^ a good one. Another great looking Honda in the same colours was the CB1100R...

Ducati 916 as well...

9mvu77onohqtdvz8qzq3dn8n8.jpg

I also love the Rune, but most riders don't (they're wrong)...

U4U72D25AVLLOB3U2PTVFYCPGM.jpg

The electric conversion is an interesting point - and I think context, vehicle and intended use - as well as personal preference.

For example if I had a 70's Fairmont/Premier with an original V8 that was only brought out on weekends when the weather was nice - I would keep it as original as possible.

But if I had say, a base model EJ Holden that has probably already been modified away from standard (the ever populate HR front-end for example) then I would love to to an electric conversion and use it as a daily driver. How cool would that be?

Horses for courses
I agree. if you have a good quality original classic it's probably best left as is. If it's beat up or been modded then electrification is a good idea, if you can afford it. I've had a lot of trouble with my car, and went through the process of thinking about electrification and decided against it. Partly because of cost.

Now here's my beautiful car, 66 Mustang with yours truly cleaning the grill. 289 V8, 4 barrel holley and a mildly tweaked cam guarantee that 10 miles a gallon is good going.
stang6.jpg

I got it a few years ago when my ex and I were falling apart. Go on drives, get all lovey dovey, etc. That was the idea. Things didn't turn out like that. The radiator exploded while driving down Flinders st, at 5.30 pm on a Friday. Clouds of smoke. You probably saw it, tens of thousands did. It was tense. Didn't help the relationship one bit.

So now I have no wife, but I have a beautiful pony. Did I end up ahead?

Here is a beautiful XP

xp_falcon1.jpg

Lastly the 1959 corvette concept car.

chevrolet_corvette-stingray-racer-concept-car-1959_r14.jpg

Brutalist architecture is enjoying a comeback, there have been calls to heritage list parts of the Thamesmead estate, where they filmed A Clockwork Orange, as examples of it.
I was born in a UK town called Preston. The bus station there built in the 60s is heritage listed as an example of brutalist architecture.
images (2).jpeg

I was born in a UK town called Preston. The bus station there built in the 60s is heritage listed as an example of brutalist architecture.
View attachment 1312029
I've long held a theory that if you're in an unfamiliar town and you're looking for the council offices if you pick the ugliest building you can find that will be it most of the time.

I've long held a theory that if you're in an unfamiliar town and you're looking for the council offices if you pick the ugliest building you can find that will be it most of the time.
In the 90s I did a lot of work at telephone exchanges throughout Victoria. Upgrading them to digital for the internet revolution. After a few they were easy to pick in each town. Ugly brick buildings all built exactly the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got an inside work a Brock Blue Meanie and a HQ Panel Van may be coming up for sale soon.

Like the trash person I am, a mate was telling me how his recently widowed father wants to sell everything and retire.

'I'm worried about the old man, he's even talking about selling the Brock and the Shaggin Wagon'
'Say what now?'

I don't even know what I'd have to start saving up for, probably too much, how much does rocking horse sh*t cost these days? They just don't get sold anymore. They don't.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Just got an inside work a Brock Blue Meanie and a HQ Panel Van may be coming up for sale soon.

Like the trash person I am, a mate was telling me how his recently widowed father wants to sell everything and retire.

'I'm worried about the old man, he's even talking about selling the Brock and the Shaggin Wagon'
'Say what now?'

I don't even know what I'd have to start saving up for, probably too much, how much does rocking horse sh*t cost these days? They just don't get sold anymore. They don't.

The last Blue Meanie sold for over $150000, that was a few years ago, so probably alot more now

Brutalist architecture is enjoying a comeback, there have been calls to heritage list parts of the Thamesmead estate, where they filmed A Clockwork Orange, as examples of it.
Not much of a comeback now Russia is blowing it all up.

It's really cool but it doesn't look right at all, the scale seems off. That man looks tiny in a two door car.

It was based of a VP with a shortened wheel base, and its still long, Brocky loved it and hoped it went into production

MatthewB there's a custom VL coupe convertible for sale online, speaking of that lol.

The soft top roof looks cheap but the body looks great.

Is that the Walky one, I like that one

Remove this Banner Ad

Cars & Transportation Beautiful Cars

Remove this Banner Ad

Back