chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
hey fellas heres a thread for people to "boast" about there fitness/strength test scores....

ill start the ball rolling,
beep i got to 13.5 or 6.
standing broad jump was probs my most impressive i jumped 250 cm
flexibility test i got +6 (which mean i reaches 6 cm past my feet)
vert ump i leap 160 or 60 cant remember which is the correct one :)

so yeah post you fitness/strenght scores up

i would always try and do as many fitness tests as possible during the off season just to see where i was compared to the AFL players at draft camp. When i was 17 and 1/4
Beep test my aim was to get level 15 as i reached that i physically pushed myself the beat the draft camp record and got 15.9 and dropped soon after as my legs couldn't hold my weight anymore. *note* this was done outside not in a stuffy gym room like the draft camp do thiers with limit amounts of oxygen compared to outside.

I was't good at standing board jump i think my best was 1.9 metres
vertical leap was 62 cm, i dont think you would of gotten 160 as Niki-nat only got 102cm
my Vo2 test was 5.05 litres which is good for my size

Sit and reach - +15
Standing Verticle Leap - 67cm
Beep Test - 12.1

Pretty disappointed with my beep test but I had the flu the week before and we did this after two hours and 30 mins of other testing. However in saying that I would probably still struggle to get past the 13s.

Could someone in the know please inform me what the Yo-Yo Test is? If I am correct, isn't it a variation of the Beep Test? If so, what are the differences exactly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's an active rest so walking...hopefully i can set this up here

5m ----- 0m --------------------------------------------- 20m

start at the 0 and sprint up and back then walk from 0 to 5 and back and go again

it has a timing recording to go with it like the beep test too i think so you can't just dawdel through the active rest, it's only 5secs after all

pop it in google for a better description

i think it's used for soccer players mainly

start at the 0 and sprint up and back then walk from 0 to 5 and back and go again

it has a timing recording to go with it like the beep test too i think so you can't just dawdel through the active rest, it's only 5secs after all

it's definitely used in AFL as well. good description

Thanks again Captain.

I have tried to google an mp3 recording for this but as yet, have not had any luck. Anyone out there have a link that they can share with me?

Are you kids for real - 14's and 15's are you footballers or runners?

I thought i would test myself today after putting on 4kg's because of hamstring problems and excessive eating and drinking over the holidays.

I managed to get 10.11. I feel there is a bit of improvement but nothing over 13 i would think. It's something im going to follow and hopefully just before round 1 get my optimum beep test result

Are you kids for real - 14's and 15's are you footballers or runners?

I thought i would test myself today after putting on 4kg's because of hamstring problems and excessive eating and drinking over the holidays.

I managed to get 10.11. I feel there is a bit of improvement but nothing over 13 i would think. It's something im going to follow and hopefully just before round 1 get my optimum beep test result

how old are you mate? i got 14.9 last year when i was 17, going to try beat it this year

Here's a copy of my VO2 max results.

http://www.mediafire.com/?edoomma4niw

Would be interested if anyone knew how to interpret these correctly.

G.

A VO2 of 62 is very good, especially for a 16 year old. VO2 of 65 is considered elite. VO2 is measured in ml/kg/min which means your body was able to take up 62.8 ml of oxygen/kg/min

I ran a 12 without much running training besides my kick boxing I do each week and I believe I measured the distance about 2 meteres too long.

you young fellas running 14 + are bloody impressive. I make the cut for the fire brigade trial so thats makes me pretty happy ( only 9.5 :)

KD all the way mate!!!

Kemp/payton where an epic combo but I think KD is a born champion (Harden too)

no spoilers please I'm about 9 games behind on my pontel subscription :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Beep test, Vo2 tests ect....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back