Before the Game Grand Final Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to agree, possibly the best show they've done.

As random and irrelevant than ever, but still completely hilarious. Pissed myself laughing at how corny, cheesy but utterly awesome all of Fitzy's crosses were. Elliot pissed off his head blabbing about whatever the **** it was. Terry Wallace lying on a sunbed.:thumbsu::D:thumbsu: And Aker being the usual loud mouth that he is.

Each segment apart from the quiz was great (the quiz is always shit). Torp of the year/hall of fame/torp off...awesome, just kept going and I loved every bit!

And the knit off, no idea who thought that up...but seeing a few old bats knitting was surprisingly good...and the sub HAHAHAHAHA!

An incredible amount of guests too, really couldn't name everyone that was on who is a name. But each guest on the panel was set up beautifully to show off their/their teams worst moment/s of the year.

Top notch show and REALLY hope it's back next year.

It had the distinct feel of a show that was going all out, as if it's not expecting to be on next year. And it worked out pretty well. Hell, even the bit with Strauchanie and the pinata got a laugh out of me.

It would be a bloody crime if Fitzy is not on TV next year.

I've got to admit, I'm hardly a fan of Before the Game... but that just blew TFS's Grand Final show to pieces in every way, shape, and form. It was almost a throwback to the heyday of proper variety television - madcap, sprawling, and rapid.

7 are stark raving mad if they don't pick it up.

Only thing they missed out on was having Brad Hardie smash the Malthouse pinata.

Great show, still probably enjoy TFS more, hopefully 7 pick it up next year only problem is hughesy, probably the biggest star of the show and he is contracted to 10 w/ the 7pm
Project etc. I really don't think the show can work on a weekly basis without him. Just my 2 cents

!

An incredible amount of guests too, really couldn't name everyone that was on who is a name. But each guest on the panel was set up beautifully to show off their/their teams worst moment/s of the year.

Top notch show and REALLY hope it's back next year.

They went all out tonight.

Goodes, Cooney, Clarkson, Demetriou, McGuire, Goddard, Heppell, McKenna, Jack Riewoldt, John Butcher, Mark Williams, David Swallow, Nic Nat and then they had the people at the BCM Bar.

Great stuff...with two of my all-time favourite comedians on the show - Mick Molloy and Dave Hughes- really the show can't do any wrong. Also like Sam Lane on there as well..her earnestness provides a good contrast. Fitzy is a good addition too.

Has elements of the nuttiness of The Late Show etc.

Love Mick's Torp of the Year award - and Tool of the Year was great as per usual. Would love to see a run-down of every Tool of the Year winner or a dvd of their best moments.

Hope the show continues next year...easily my favourite show on tv. Australian Irreverence, humour and footy (australian rules footy in particular brings this element of Australian humour out) all go hand in hand together.

The Footy Show has about 1/20th of the humour of BTG. Not even in the ballpark.

I just want to give my congratulations to the Mick Malthouse dancers. I havent laughed that hard since well....Collingwood almost went out of the finals last week.

Especially the guy in the middle that actually looked like Mick. Just couldnt stop laughing.

Brilliant dance. The slow come here with the finger followed by the sudden hard trance moves was just supreme.

Funniest stuff maybe ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to laugh when Lehmo was talking about the time Clarko took the Hawks' mobile phones, and then when he gave them back there was a picture of him naked in the shower.

The comedy is more sophisticated than the Footy Show who tend to resort to grade 3 schoolyard humour. Hughes and Molloy are very funny men.

Get rid of Maher, and the show is a winner.

There is no reason the show can't stay on Channel Ten, just because they lost the broadcast rights.

Yeah, but a lot of it hinges on the heavy use of footage from the games, which makes life difficult when you don't have a deal with the network doing the broadcasts.

Furthermore, the show was always a lead-in (or capper, in the early days) to the football coverage, which doesn't work when you're on another station altogether.

Yeah, but a lot of it hinges on the heavy use of footage from the games, which makes life difficult when you don't have a deal with the network doing the broadcasts.

Furthermore, the show was always a lead-in (or capper, in the early days) to the football coverage, which doesn't work when you're on another station altogether.

Fair call.

It's a shame because Channel Seven would find a way to butcher it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Before the Game Grand Final Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back