Bellarine 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour has it Eddie Grout is back for the coutas and looking as fit as he was when he left. Handy inclusion for a side that remains unbeaten on top

Geelong Ammo's = season over!!!
Plenty of people happy about that to. I hear they may be having money troubles down there. Spent a lot over the last few years for not much return and the sponsors are starting to jump off. Their coach has already said he is not coaching next year so will be interesting to see which way they go. Without the dollars to throw around they cuold be headed for some tough times. What goes around comes around.

The rumour I heard over the weekend is Mark Blake is trying to get out of Mooropna 2 year deal to take the helm at GA as a playing coach. Not sure how this will be viewed by VCFL but cant be good if true.

So dead rubbers all round next week, top 5 set, finals set, great to see old mate sprouly back in the finals. Tipping a Queenscliff Torquay grand final, Hughes has the goalkicking sewn up, Ash medal out of Hughes, Ridings, Corredig, Finch, Carmichael? Any other thoughts?

So dead rubbers all round next week, top 5 set, finals set, great to see old mate sprouly back in the finals. Tipping a Queenscliff Torquay grand final, Hughes has the goalkicking sewn up, Ash medal out of Hughes, Ridings, Corredig, Finch, Carmichael? Any other thoughts?
Corredig??? Are we watching the same games? Others are fine. How about Owen?

Dan Measures to win Ash Medal, Queenscliff and our boys to play off I agree. Hughesy has been great and desreves the goal kicking award, what is more pleasing was to see the new coaches playing him at the right end of the ground. Last year could have been a different story had he been managed right.

Yes I think your correct with Measures wining the ash medal beach boy, the only concern is his quite second half did he poll enough in the first half. Finch should be a close second, sprouley likes to play him forward a lot hopefully this does not go against him. Modewarre with a full list can go a long way in the finals,they may rest a few this week as sprouley has stated and with Drysdale injuries worries which were compounded with losing welly's for the year may favour a victory to Modewarre.

Yes I think your correct with Measures wining the ash medal beach boy, the only concern is his quite second half did he poll enough in the first half. Finch should be a close second, sprouley likes to play him forward a lot hopefully this does not go against him. Modewarre with a full list can go a long way in the finals,they may rest a few this week as sprouley has stated and with Drysdale injuries worries which were compounded with losing welly's for the year may favour a victory to Modewarre.

I'll be putting my hard earn on J.Finch won it a couple of years ago and has had a better year and Modda have won 6 more games this time. To many good player for Queenscliff they will take votes of each other, T.Limb will go close i know he has missed a few games which may hurt him. Hill from Barwon Heads a dark horse...
What has Wells done? Big lose for the Hawks if true.

Dislo thumb, in for surgery this week! Mitch scott still out, so midfield has 2 best out at the moment, finals going to need a huge effort from all involved, team spirit is high though, as shown by Queenscliff win! Expect a few outs this week, and should be pretty close to full strength come week 1 of finals!

As far as i can gather there will be a few coaching vacancies in the BFL at the end of the year with the following teams after new coaches.

Anglesea
Ocean Grove
Geelong Amateur
Portarlington

Any word/rumours on these coaching appointments.

I'll be putting my hard earn on J.Finch won it a couple of years ago and has had a better year and Modda have won 6 more games this time. To many good player for Queenscliff they will take votes of each other, T.Limb will go close i know he has missed a few games which may hurt him. Hill from Barwon Heads a dark horse...
What has Wells done? Big lose for the Hawks if true.
I think you're right about Coutas having too many good players but think a dark horse may be Cameron Burnside. He's had a very good season and may surprise!

Word on the street

As far as i can gather there will be a few coaching vacancies in the BFL at the end of the year with the following teams after new coaches.

Anglesea - speaking with A Lovick and Carson Brothers
Ocean Grove B Lynch
Geelong Amateur M Blake or A Lovick
Portarlington L Primus

Any word/rumours on these coaching appointments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard Corrigan to Ammos as coach. Also heard they will try and speak with Jamerson from queenscliff aswell. Bernie would suprise me if he coached the grubs. As for the Port job I dont think there will be many people out there putting their hands up for that.

Who could be the players that shine in the finals this year, has eddie grout enough games under his belt to play well in the finals, the player that seems to have taken his spot this year is ash mcdonald who is having a great year. Fowkes for torquay looks at times that he is ready to explode but very rarely goes to the next level. Ocean Grove need more out of rock and mctaggart, milne has showed promise for a few years now maybe this final series will be his making. Mitch Scott and Tom Dewey may hold the key for Drysdale success. Modewarre are the interesting one, they have named Messen at full forward, not sure if he has qualifed if so surely this will take the pressure off Mamalis who is not 100% fit and Leggett down back who is not fully recoverd from the achilles injury last year will be vital for moddas chance of winning a few finals games. Any other thoughts.

Who could be the players that shine in the finals this year, has eddie grout enough games under his belt to play well in the finals, the player that seems to have taken his spot this year is ash mcdonald who is having a great year. Fowkes for torquay looks at times that he is ready to explode but very rarely goes to the next level. Ocean Grove need more out of rock and mctaggart, milne has showed promise for a few years now maybe this final series will be his making. Mitch Scott and Tom Dewey may hold the key for Drysdale success. Modewarre are the interesting one, they have named Messen at full forward, not sure if he has qualifed if so surely this will take the pressure off Mamalis who is not 100% fit and Leggett down back who is not fully recoverd from the achilles injury last year will be vital for moddas chance of winning a few finals games. Any other thoughts.
For what my views are worth acson sounds like the next Dennis Commetti of the BFL. Some vaild points, but if Drysdale are banking on T.Dewey to be the answer they may be in a bit of trouble against Modawarre. My tip for the ash medal would have to be j.finch his season has been super.The Umpiring in The BFL this year has been poor to say the least, Lets hope for a improvement in the finals

For what my views are worth acson sounds like the next Dennis Commetti of the BFL. Some vaild points, but if Drysdale are banking on T.Dewey to be the answer they may be in a bit of trouble against Modawarre. My tip for the ash medal would have to be j.finch his season has been super.The Umpiring in The BFL this year has been poor to say the least, Lets hope for a improvement in the finals
Agree x4. Unfortunately for the area umpire numbers are down and the standard across the board has been lessened, but they are working hard to try and skill up the umpires to have consistent interpretations of the rules. Less games = better umpires so should be alright.

I reckon all teams think they're a chance this year so going to make a really interesting run to the granny. Coutas still favourites for me. Had year to remember last year and have been working throughout the year to be disciplined and respond when the time counts. A team that knocks them off will be thoroughly deserving.

Hey fellas, havnt really followed this league closely, only really have read the paper each Monday. Does any team really pose queens cliff a problem or is back to back inevitable ?

Hi all,

Forward planning for 2013 already...

The Whittlesea Football and Netball Club is looking for practice matches in March 2013 within the Football Geelong region for our seniors, reserves and thirds teams.

We have been in Division One of the Northern Football League for the past two seasons and have unfortunately been relegated, despite winning 3 matches, drawing 2 and pushing all 5 finalists to within a few kicks. Note that our thirds team are in the finals.

If you are interested in hosting us for the day please contact jarrad_carey@hotmail.com

Cheers,

JC

Hey fellas, havnt really followed this league closely, only really have read the paper each Monday. Does any team really pose queens cliff a problem or is back to back inevitable ?
A Queenscliff flag is definitely not set in stone but it is going to take a really good performance to beat them. I read with interest this profile on Tom Limb... can play that man.

In saying that I think Torquay will win this week and Modda will knock off the Grubbers.

Q will be really happy Drysdale are done, had trouble with the hawks both games this season! Injurys and a pretty
Good modda outfit finished us off!!

A Queenscliff flag is definitely not set in stone but it is going to take a really good performance to beat them. I read with interest this profile on Tom Limb... can play that man.

In saying that I think Torquay will win this week and Modda will knock off the Grubbers.

An article in the same paper about ocean grove and this is what their coaches quote was

“And if we do lose – I’m confident we won’t – but if we do, then okay, we haven’t won a final in two years – but then again, neither has Barwon Heads because they haven’t played in a final.”

Is that the worst qoute you have ever heard from a coach in finals??? Laughable

An article in the same paper about ocean grove and this is what their coaches quote was

“And if we do lose – I’m confident we won’t – but if we do, then okay, we haven’t won a final in two years – but then again, neither has Barwon Heads because they haven’t played in a final.”

Yeah I read that as well. Couldn't believe it. Is this a sign of a man conceding?

Fair enough they copped some injuries on the weekend but surely they're still a chance this week...

That's funny as, sounds a bit like the school yard? OG. Least we made finals. BH. But you lose them and you lost to us in the battle of the bridge. OG. How many of your coaches have gone to AFL level

Remove this Banner Ad

Bellarine 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back