Recommitted Ben Ainsworth [signs 4 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think he is worth?
It’s hard with the cba going up to then value accordingly

Also with free agents he may be worth x but they will always get a premium to leave of say an extra 150-200k a year extra

I’d say worth 600k so could get offers of 750k a year

Not quite band 1 just under

Had a game of golf with Ben king and robbie dorazio couple weeks ago. Make of that what you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gresh + Ainsworth would be a nice set of small fwds for us.

issue with FA is teams are pushing for overs on comp (see McKay, Gresham)
reckon GCS match unless band 1 and push for a late 1st.
I would doubt GC match a $600k+ bid and will let him leave
They have Rogers Rosas & Lombard coming in and would rather use the cap space to hold onto players like Mac and the other kids coming through.

We would be offering something similar to what he is already on, I reckon.

He was overpaid in his younger years to stay around, so probably isn't looking at a massive pay bump that he would like. Can see him leaving. Is a handy player, but isn't a massive loss and that wage is better put elsewhere.

The silence is deafening re Ainsworth. Would be a good get for any team lacking a genuine small forward who can offer pressure in addition to some pretty good skills.

Geelong would surely be sniffing around here if Stengle is on the move.

Adelaide would surely be having a crack to release Rankine and Rachele further up the ground.

Essendon would make sense if they miss out on Stengle.

Carlton would be looking to upgrade in that area (it’s probably their only weakness).

Any other suitors?

Does some good work, but doesn't get it enough and his goal kicking is spotty at best.
Pretty much. For a club like Essendon he would clash with Greshams role who is better and for St Kilda if they wanted a Ainsworth they would have keep Gresham. Carlton need someone whose better overhead and they should seek better options. Crows could be a candidate only I feel at this stage to give Rankine more midfield time but dont think they would get a huge deal out of the move

The silence is deafening re Ainsworth. Would be a good get for any team lacking a genuine small forward who can offer pressure in addition to some pretty good skills.

Geelong would surely be sniffing around here if Stengle is on the move.

Adelaide would surely be having a crack to release Rankine and Rachele further up the ground.

Essendon would make sense if they miss out on Stengle.

Carlton would be looking to upgrade in that area (it’s probably their only weakness).

Any other suitors?
Port desperately need to upgrade Jed McEntee

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Ben Ainsworth [signs 4 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back