Ben Cousins arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was sort of funny years ago. Now it's just tragic and sad.

Breaking VROx2 and meth possession... Might be spending some time inside this time and finally stop with all the slaps on the wrist. The guy is a danger to himself and others.

Obviously he's responsible for his own predicament and you can't really blame anyone else, but the whole situation is an indictment on the AFL, West Coast and every single sycophant who stood by and let this guy destroy his life (not to mention his family, and whoever he's threatening with violence on this story) because he was a great football player.

Obviously he's responsible for his own predicament and you can't really blame anyone else, but the whole situation is an indictment on the AFL, West Coast and every single sycophant who stood by and let this guy destroy his life (not to mention his family, and whoever he's threatening with violence on this story) because he was a great football player.

I think theres a point where there isnt much anyone can do.

While some of those mentioned put in poor performances in trying to help, im sure his family and friends ahve tried everything in their power to make a change.
Unfortunately thats drug addiction, you cant do it for them.

I think theres a point where there isnt much anyone can do.

While some of those mentioned put in poor performances in trying to help, im sure his family and friends ahve tried everything in their power to make a change.
Unfortunately thats drug addiction, you cant do it for them.

Sure, like I said at the end of the day, the responsibility lies at the feet of Ben Cousins. And there's every chance that he could have ended up a meth addict anyway.

But unless I'm mistaken, he didn't enter the league as a meth addict. And from all the stories we've heard (and I know it's just hearsay or whatever), the club and league willfully looked in the other direction because Cousins was a high performer and star in the league. And obviously it wasn't just Cousins considering what's happened to other members of the 2000s Eagles. People put results above the well being of these players and now everyone deals with the consequences.

Sure, like I said at the end of the day, the responsibility lies at the feet of Ben Cousins. And there's every chance that he could have ended up a meth addict anyway.

But unless I'm mistaken, he didn't enter the league as a meth addict. And from all the stories we've heard (and I know it's just hearsay or whatever), the club and league willfully looked in the other direction because Cousins was a high performer and star in the league. And obviously it wasn't just Cousins considering what's happened to other members of the 2000s Eagles. People put results above the well being of these players and now everyone deals with the consequences.

Looked the other way in what way though?
If they sack him, do you think his addiction would have suddenly gone away?

It was sort of funny years ago. Now it's just tragic and sad.

Breaking VROx2 and meth possession... Might be spending some time inside this time and finally stop with all the slaps on the wrist. The guy is a danger to himself and others.

I agree 100%...........a sad, sad story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked the other way in what way though?
If they sack him, do you think his addiction would have suddenly gone away?

I'm not talking about sacking him. There's plenty of ways a football club can help a player. Sacking him would have done no good, he'd just be on his own.

They looked the other way in terms of allowing Cousins to continue to use football as a motivator for his drug binges (which he's explained, he rewarded himself for his training and game day efforts which massive drug binges). Instead, they could have used football as a carrot for helping him get and stay clean. But that involves not allowing him to play, which impacts the results for West Coast and impacts the image of the league for the AFL. So no one did any of that.

Sometimes with the best of intentions there are people in this world who just can't be helped. Very easy to say his Parents, Club or League should have done something but if they don't want to be helped there's not much you can do. The person concerned has to want to help themselves. Until they are ready to address this you are just banging your head up against a brick wall. As the saying goes "you can lead a person to water, but you can't make them drink".

Feels like with every day the odds of a breaking Ben Cousins story being related to his death increase. So in some way getting arrested for breaching a restraining order is a good result.

If there is a way out from his problems you feel like it has to involve hitting rock bottom and he isn't there yet.
Unfortunately if what I've heard is true Ben is no longer in the right head space to be able to help himself. A very sad situation for both he and those close to him.

Unfortunately if what I've heard is true Ben is no longer in the right head space to be able to help himself. A very sad situation for both he and those close to him.

That happened to him well before football, great player, useless human.
He and the Eagles should be stripped of all honours during his and his mates time there.
Otherwise Essendon & James Hird should be apologised to.
If Crack is performance enhancing then nothing is!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not talking about sacking him. There's plenty of ways a football club can help a player. Sacking him would have done no good, he'd just be on his own.

They looked the other way in terms of allowing Cousins to continue to use football as a motivator for his drug binges (which he's explained, he rewarded himself for his training and game day efforts which massive drug binges). Instead, they could have used football as a carrot for helping him get and stay clean. But that involves not allowing him to play, which impacts the results for West Coast and impacts the image of the league for the AFL. So no one did any of that.

Not allowing him to play would likely have sent him further into the addiction.

That happened to him well before football, great player, useless human.
He and the Eagles should be stripped of all honours during his and his mates time there.
Otherwise Essendon & James Hird should be apologised to.
If Crack is performance enhancing then nothing is!

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL
what a joke.
Sorry but running around on gear in the long run is far from performance enhancing.

Could be argued that in the short term you get a spike, but lets be honest and real here, its not going to help him become a better footballer like a steroid would.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL
what a joke.
Sorry but running around on gear in the long run is far from performance enhancing.

Could be argued that in the short term you get a spike, but lets be honest and real here, its not going to help him become a better footballer like a steroid would.

Long term no, but have you ever seen the police trying to restrain someone on gear?

Yeah but thats like giving a horse a gear in a horse race. His first 300m will be outstanding but then there's no way he'll sustain it.

True, but have you ever been cooked and played sport... or maybe I just thought I was awesome???? Hmmmm! LOL
Jokes aside that stuff is pure evil and isn't a small problem!
Question is what to do with him, he needs locking up but If he goes in, in WA he'll be like a god in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back