Ben Cousins arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He would be better off in a mental health facility, but he will not self admit or stay for any meaningful term.

His behaviour is becoming more erratic involving motor vehicles, something has to give
Drug abuse within mental health facilities is rife, keeping a precontemplative drug addict in a ward environment under the premise that it will "do him good" only places vulnerable co-patients at risk of exposure to ice/synthetic THC/etc. There is currently a gap in the system that is desperately needed to keep drug addicts at risk of breaking the law out of the prison system, but also away from vulnerable patients with axis 1 mental illness.

Drug abuse within mental health facilities is rife, keeping a precontemplative drug addict in a ward environment under the premise that it will "do him good" only places vulnerable co-patients at risk of exposure to ice/synthetic THC/etc. There is currently a gap in the system that is desperately needed to keep drug addicts at risk of breaking the law out of the prison system, but also away from vulnerable patients with axis 1 mental illness.

Agreed.

73714320.jpg

I'm expecting another slap on the wrist for Czar of Canning Vale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The VRO was granted for a reason, lets forget about the personal amount of gear he had for a minute, now he has breached that order twice in a short time.

He has complete disregard for rules placed upon him, and it is up to the system who placed the VRO to protect those it was designed for. I assume it is for his partner and their kids

How many times can this go on, I thought domestic violence was a big issue

The VRO was granted for a reason, lets forget about the personal amount of gear he had for a minute, now he has breached that order twice in a short time.

He has complete disregard for rules placed upon him, and it is up to the system who placed the VRO to protect those it was designed for. I assume it is for his partner and their kids

How many times can this go on, I thought domestic violence was a big issue
I agree. There have been many ''police get tough'' on DV cases, so much so many men complain all a woman has to do is open her mouth and they are removed from the home etc. Yet because he is seen as High Profile and drug affected he is treated differently. I hope it doesn't go down a dark and dangerous road but if he ever did something extreme there will be a lot of questions asked and a lot of hiding.

The jails are full and if we build more they will just get full too. Another solution, if there is one, is needed.
SA are starting with the Home Detention Bracelets. Yet I see ASIC wanting white collar criminals given jail sentences as well to '' deter'' crimes that attract Fines. More jails needed.

I don't mind Bail, but when , as Judges love to say, someone shows a ''flagrant disregard for the Law'' then put them inside.

No wonder there's ice addicts roaming the streets in record numbers, the courts simply won't jail them, WAP.
Fix the jails. Once you do that the courts will be more likely to impose sentences of imprisonment.

You jail a bloke for possession of meth, and he comes out an armed robber. Prison doesn't help most people, it just make them worse people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back