Ben Cousins (WC) vs Chris Judd (WC)

Who was better

• Chris Judd

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Ben Cousins

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I generally interpret West Coast fans lavishing praise on Cousins as the best Eagle even while Judd was there as bitterness that Judd left. Cousins would be the best Eagle overall, given he played 95% of his career there, as opposed to Judd only playing 6 seasons, but at their best, while the Eagles were good and very good between 2004 and early 2007, Judd was the danger man. He was so good that it looked like he could surpass every other midfielder in the game´s history if he kept it up for the majority of his career. A goal kicking, line breaking midfielder that also won a shit load of clearances and contested posessions. A brownlow at 21 etc.

Judd had the best individual season. His 2006 was the best I have ever seen from a midfielder.

I do think Cousins was the better player for WC though. For a period of time he was our club. When Cousins would lift in a match in the mid 2000's, I was always confident of a win.

Funny about that, was at his peak in the first 8 rounds of the 2007 season (before he injured his groin). Just awesome to watch, polled brownlow votes in the first 8 games and had 16 before injury. That's averaging 2 votes per game.

Still an awesome player but was never the same after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Cousins (WC) vs Chris Judd (WC)

Back