Ben Duscher?

Remove this Banner Ad

has great footy smarts when I've seen him play.

Reads the play well, great in traffic and just will go at the football everytime. Does not shirk contests.

Doesn't have that chunky 'Marigliani build' either which is good, he can really develop if we put in a good development system.

I know this will raise a few eyebrows but the way that he moves and at times looks is, to me, similar to Cotchin.

I think he's ok at everything but doesn't have any outstanding attributes.

The pace of AFL will get to him.

I share your concern Kelvin, however has shown enough, probably more at vfl than others, and giving him a go on a rookie or senior list would not upset me.

Gets my PSD pick vote. I have no concerns with him adapting to the pace of the game, as soon as he got selected in the VFL side he had no trouble with the transition. Slight build but attacks the ball strongly and has good awareness. Considering what we have taken so far i think he is the right type to add something to the list, the Cotchin call is a good one. Good chance we will still get one of the better ruckman left with our first rookie pick.

HFF could I ask you to give me a brief description of Duscher? :)

Have taken a real liking to Duscher since he first played this year.

Duscher is a 180cm, 23 y.o high flying forward/midfielder.

He is a really composed player in congestion and has good awareness, keeps his feet really well for a slightly built player and uses both feet where ever neccesariy.

As an outside player he is not very quick, more so a 'plodder' but he has a huge engine and will not stop running.

Wore a heavy tag during the prelim final loss to Box Hill and really struggled to get into the game in any form, forward or midfield, but will hardly cop anything like that at AFL level.

As a forward he is a very good kick for goal, he is very strong overhead and takes a good grab.

He reminds me a little bit of Jason Porpylzia, in that he is very unfashionable yet does the job, both coming from a fair way back and both having that ability forward as a small or tall and the ability to push through as another midfield option.

I think he's ok at everything but doesn't have any outstanding attributes.

The pace of AFL will get to him.

Have you seen Ben play kelvin? (just asking, and which games?)

has great footy smarts when I've seen him play.

Reads the play well, great in traffic and just will go at the football everytime. Does not shirk contests.

Doesn't have that chunky 'Marigliani build' either which is good, he can really develop if we put in a good development system.

I know this will raise a few eyebrows but the way that he moves and at times looks is, to me, similar to Cotchin.

Sums him up a little bit.

Gets my PSD pick vote. I have no concerns with him adapting to the pace of the game, as soon as he got selected in the VFL side he had no trouble with the transition. Slight build but attacks the ball strongly and has good awareness. Considering what we have taken so far i think he is the right type to add something to the list, the Cotchin call is a good one. Good chance we will still get one of the better ruckman left with our first rookie pick.

I think he would be a better rookie option as we can keep him for one year and see how he goes, if we pick him up in the PSD, we are obliged to take him for two years. Bit of a risk but is it one we are worth taking?

Have taken a real liking to Duscher since he first played this year.

Duscher is a 180cm, 23 y.o high flying forward/midfielder.

He is a really composed player in congestion and has good awareness, keeps his feet really well for a slightly built player and uses both feet where ever neccesariy.

As an outside player he is not very quick, more so a 'plodder' but he has a huge engine and will not stop running.

Wore a heavy tag during the prelim final loss to Box Hill and really struggled to get into the game in any form, forward or midfield, but will hardly cop anything like that at AFL level.

As a forward he is a very good kick for goal, he is very strong overhead and takes a good grab.

He reminds me a little bit of Jason Porpylzia, in that he is very unfashionable yet does the job, both coming from a fair way back and both having that ability forward as a small or tall and the ability to push through as another midfield option.

Have you seen Ben play kelvin? (just asking, and which games?)

Sums him up a little bit.

I think he would be a better rookie option as we can keep him for one year and see how he goes, if we pick him up in the PSD, we are obliged to take him for two years. Bit of a risk but is it one we are worth taking?
Lucky he said brief description. ;)

I'd like to see Ben picked up, really think he will help a team out. Was my 'next' pick in the RD phantom, I really didn't go far down my list so he was unlucky.

Old fasion type footy player, blue collar workhorse. Wouldn't be upset to see him on our list.

Agree with the Porp comparison, but less physically developed and without the 'silk' hand (not a shot at Duscher's hands). Probably has a better tank than Porp though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PSD can be 1 year. Its not really an issue for a guy his age but. I woud be concerned with Richmond taking him before us as a rookie.

Don't think Richmond would take him, seem to be steering towards youth, Duscher is 23 now, so probably not going to go there..

So Duscher has definately been asked to train with the boys?? From what I have read we only have Neagle, Tyson Slats and the big ruckman Militor training with us...

If we are going to rookie him it would have to be our first selection, I can't see him lasting until the second or third rounds...

Glad we didn't go there. From the games I saw of him in the VFL, I don't think he could make it at AFL. Solid VFL player, but that is about it. Will be great for Bendigo and hope he has a standout full season! :)

I'll be very interested to see how he goes next year with an AFL pre-season, and a solid VFL season, under his belt.
Remember he didn't even start the year in Bendigo 1s, not sure what sort of training base he had.

I'll be very interested to see how he goes next year with an AFL pre-season, and a solid VFL season, under his belt.
Remember he didn't even start the year in Bendigo 1s, not sure what sort of training base he had.

Had a week bud, not a whole pre season!!

Will be interesting to see how he goes, be interesting to see if Essendon decide to go alone and if Duscher would be asked to play as a top up player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Duscher?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back