Ben Jacobs trip

Remove this Banner Ad

h0SzeyI.gif

So not only was this not paid as a trip, but Margetts (WA boy whose sister is employed by the Eagles) then had the audacity to ping Jacobs for holding the ball.

Discuss.

Hits him on the upper thigh, he falls over. Unless you can trip someone with contact above the knee, not a trip. Discuss

Since when is the upper thigh below the knee?

Those Kanye-West glasses in your avatar might not be ideal for watching football. Footage clearly shows contact below the knee.

Since when is the upper thigh below the knee?

Those Kanye-West glasses in your avatar might not be ideal for watching football. Footage clearly shows contact below the knee.
Rubbish. You even have it on slow mo and you still cannot see the bleeding obvious because it runs counter to your general theme. His knee is forward with the leg bent so the foot is directly below the knee. The player smothering comes down hitting the thigh just above the knee, driving the leg backwards. As his weight is forward and his trialling leg is well behind his centre of gravity, the outcome is inevitable. At no stage is his leading leg hit below the knee. If anything it is his back leg that may have been taken out low, but at this point he is already going to fall.

If you look between Ellis arms as he falls, you can clearly see all of the NM players lower leg, and at no point does Ellis hit it. Then when on the ground he is tackled. Holding the ball.

Similar situation last night saw a free paid to Suckling and contact was clearly below the knee
Watch the slo mo, and tell me at what point below the knee contact is made. Is it the foot?, the shin? because you can clearly see the whole lower leg for the whole duration, so you should find the answer easy.

It wasn't the bad decisions that turned the tide against NM, it was the good ones. Once they started paying off the ball frees when WCE forwards were being scragged, NM were toast. Plan A for Kennedy, tackle him as he is about to lead, plan B is -oh shit.

Watch the slo mo, and tell me at what point below the knee contact is made. Is it the foot?, the shin? because you can clearly see the whole lower leg for the whole duration, so you should find the answer easy.

I watched the slo-mo and the contact occurs with Shuey's?? chest (possibly his shoulder - replay is not exactly clear because of the angle) and contact appears to initially occur just below the knee and extend down the leg based on the way his leg is pushed to one side.

You also cannot see the whole lower leg for the duration as you claim because its behind Shuey's arm and body in the initial stages

(Log in to remove this ad.)

h0SzeyI.gif

So not only was this not paid as a trip, but Margetts (WA boy whose sister is employed by the Eagles) then had the audacity to ping Jacobs for holding the ball.

Discuss.

Above the knee, chest and side of torso make clear contact above the knee. Not a trip and play on and this holding the ball.

It's clear in your image and you see things differently then it's a case of perspective.

Anyone calling this clear cut is delusional. Was well umpired.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Contact was the knee of Shuey to the ankle of Jacobs. There is another angle and it's much clearer. I don't think it was a trip as such. Wasn't deliberate by hand or like the one Boomer got away with against Yeo earlier on. More accidental contact as he was preparing to smother a kick or handball or whatever he was trying to do.

Maybe contact below the knees. Was reasonably forceful, although you could argue not enough to cause injury. (The actual point of that rule.)

Probably should've been a free kick. Maybe the umpire thought he slipped over? The contact isn't that obvious. Or, like in the Richmond game, he just didn't make the call. Swings and roundabouts.

Doubt it was coz we bribed his sister with a job.

The question not being asked is is every successfull smother a trip if you not only connect with the ball but also the leg, becasue that happens ALL the time.
Shuey was trying to smother, Jacobs dummied the kick but by that time Shuey was too far through the smother action and there was no other option, the contact was created by Jacobs.
Now in the Fyfe one, he lifted his leg off the ground after starting the slide which caused the trip plus he has time to move his leg out of the way. Fyfe does this alot and he is very lucky he hasn't been suspended for it.

And Kennedy had staged for a free 30 seconds earlier and was told off by the umpire. So of course he is going to assume he staged again. Brought it upon himself. There is only one stager who is consistently rewarded. And he just retired.

I am still loving the "was above his thigh" rubbish in this thread. The left knee clearly collects the ankle. It did in regular motion and it does in slow motion.

And Kennedy had staged for a free 30 seconds earlier and was told off by the umpire. So of course he is going to assume he staged again. Brought it upon himself. There is only one stager who is consistently rewarded. And he just retired.

I am still loving the "was above his thigh" rubbish in this thread. The left knee clearly collects the ankle. It did in regular motion and it does in slow motion.
Yeah its comical. I cant even see above the knee contact??

Contact was the knee of Shuey to the ankle of Jacobs. There is another angle and it's much clearer. I don't think it was a trip as such. Wasn't deliberate by hand or like the one Boomer got away with against Yeo earlier on. More accidental contact as he was preparing to smother a kick or handball or whatever he was trying to do.

Legging/contact below the knees has nothing to do with intent. I'm not sure why this keeps getting brought up, unless you're discussing whether it is reportable or not?

Yeah its comical. I cant even see above the knee contact??

The angle of the gif makes it look like his hip collects Jacobs above the knee, which probably draws attention away from the fact Shuey's left leg takes out both ankles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Jacobs trip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back