tazhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Here
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Reading in my local rag this morning and came across an article (sorry cant link it because I am on an IPad and have no idea how to) about Darren Jarman's son Ben.

Says he is one of SA most promising teenagers at 15yo and he is eligible for Adelaide and the Hawks under the father/ son rule.

Darren says the kid is a mad keen Crows fan but his 2 favourite players are Buddy and Cyril.

How good would it be to have a Jarman running around as a Hawk again.

For those of us who were lucky enough to see Darren in action then we would know if his son was half as good as him he will be a great player.

Hopefully the Hawks are keeping tabs of the lad and if he is any good,we can snare him if we convince him to be a Hawk

Says he is one of SA most promising teenagers at 15yo and he is eligible for Adelaide and the Hawks under the father/ son rule.

Darren says the kid is a mad keen Crows fan but his 2 favourite players are Buddy and Cyril.

Can't see it, sadly..will be a Crow for sure, if he makes it

Can't see it, sadly..will be a Crow for sure, if he makes it

I tend to agree. Despite being a premiership Hawk, I think most people would consider Jars to be more Adelaide than Hawthorn, and his son wasn't even born when Jars played for the Hawks. But, I suppose you never know. Which makes me wonder - does anyone know if Jars stays in touch with Hawthorn? (e.g. former or current officials/players/coaches).

Loved Jarman and can't believe he left us.

I remember one picture of him in the paper taking a quality grab while horizontal over Langford (or some opposition player) from memory

Any one know what we got for him when he left?

Loved Jarman and can't believe he left us.

I remember one picture of him in the paper taking a quality grab while horizontal over Langford (or some opposition player) from memory

Any one know what we got for him when he left?

From memory, he was playing for the hawks and it was at Waverley and he took the mark on a wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will be kicking goals with tex before you know it. both massive crows fans :thumbsu:

good luck with buddy btw guys. would be BS if the AFL give GWS millions to poach him. sick of all those poaching maggots in the rugby states

heh Benjamin Jarman.. At first I thought it was an odd choice. But it actually rolls off the tongue really well.

We're jamin... jamin... n I hope you like jamin too....

Must be a boring game on :)

As much as I loved what Jars did as a Hawk, I also hated his laziness sometimes. He wanted to be a Crow, he's from SA and I cannot see his son coming to the Hawks, about all I can see us doing is forcing Adelaide to take him earlier so that we don't

If the lad is good enough hopefully the Hawthorn Football Club can put together a better package than Adelaide to prize him away from Adelaide and convince his family and Ben that Hawthorn is the place for him and if he kicks the ball like his old man i am sure Clarko will be pushing hard for him.

As much as I loved what Jars did as a Hawk, I also hated his laziness sometimes. He wanted to be a Crow, he's from SA and I cannot see his son coming to the Hawks, about all I can see us doing is forcing Adelaide to take him earlier so that we don't

Jarman wasn't lazy, he just did things with much more ease than most players, creating the illusion he wasn't giving 100%. So far as wanting to be a Crow, this simply isn't true. He and his wife wanted to return to Adelaide for family reasons, it wasn't a case of wanting to leave Hawthorn. Fudd just wanted to play footy, it didn't really matter who for. Had he returned the following season, he may have played for Port Adelaide.

I would think if Ben is a Crows fan, and he's given the opportunity to play with them, he'll take it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Jarman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back