Toast Ben McEvoy

Remove this Banner Ad

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Brilliant game by McEvoy tonight. His best game by a country mile.

22 Disposals (8 kicks, 14 handballs), 30 hitouts, 7 tackles, 9 marks

Or in other words career high in these catergories:

Disposals
Hitouts
Tackles
MArks

I just hope that Ross now lets him play every single game for the year and allow him to maintain and work on his number 1 ruck role.

The future star has been born in past 2 weeks

Busted his guts again.

Dyou think he should be rested every now and then if, and only if, gardi doesn't get back?
If gardi is in keep macca in, if not then he really has to rest because he can't be expected to hold the ruck by himself specifically against geelong in two weeks.

Brilliant game by McEvoy tonight. His best game by a country mile.

22 Disposals (8 kicks, 14 handballs), 30 hitouts, 7 tackles, 9 marks

Or in other words career high in these catergories:

Disposals
Hitouts
Tackles
MArks

I just hope that Ross now lets him play every single game for the year and allow him to maintain and work on his number 1 ruck role.

The future star has been born in past 2 weeks

lets hope he does kick on but...................freo without sandilands & c wood gets 40 hitouts:eek:

lets hope he does kick on but...................freo without sandilands & c wood gets 40 hitouts:eek:

You can only compete against whats put out on the park, and Cameron Wood did nothing around the ground at all. Ruckman have to be able to get their own ball and compete. 22 Disposals & 30 hitouts vs 9 disposals & 40 hitouts. I think i know what every AFL club would take ;)

Lets hope he plays every match in the ruck. McEvoy is the future. Kosi does not look like to be the long term future for St.kilda. Gardiner seems to have taken it one year too far.

Busted his guts again.

Dyou think he should be rested every now and then if, and only if, gardi doesn't get back?
If gardi is in keep macca in, if not then he really has to rest because he can't be expected to hold the ruck by himself specifically against geelong in two weeks.

With a bye in 3 weeks i reckon he should be right for the rest of the year. My concern is if Gardi comes back and takes over the #1 role that its a backwards step in the development for McEvoy. We have to look to the future now. Maybe play Gardiner at FF and use him as a pinch hitting ruckman??

If I heard correctly on Radio - McEvoy had zero hitouts to advantage tonight.

Not good.

His rucking is very ordinary.

Cant be correct, i remember on at least 3 occasions him tapping it straight down Stevens throat...

Fantastic game from McEvoy tonight, totally tore Wood to shreds around the ground tonight (and despite his knockers Wood has been good in recent weeks). Give it a couple of years and he'll be in the top 5 ruckman in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 of his 22 possessions were contested and he went at 78% efficiency

well done big boy mcevoy!! i thought he was fantastic along with the other young blokes. Jack in the box was playing on the mercanary for alot of the game and took him to the cleaners inside and out.

A few weeks ago, I was fed up with this guy. Slow as all get out, wasn't sure if he could actually ruck. Sat night was so impressive, works his arse off. Great pack mark, good set shot, starting to ruck against better comp.

He has beautiful ankles. I guess Gardi coming on is not good news for Kosi. It would be difficult to say that McEvoy and Gardiner are not as competent in the air than Kosi at FF (not necessarilty at CHB...) and certainly better in the ruck and around the grand. Could be a sad day for Kosi when/if he is fit again.

Another great performance tonight. Whats a bonus is he can take a contested mark. There were some awesome hitouts down Steven again, im growing to love those and think we are going to see a hell of a lot more of them over the years. Someone will need to get on the McEvoy2Steven name ;)

He's an absolute beast, took on Hudson and Minson in the ruck and more than held his own. Took some crucial big marks around the ground too including that mark and goal in the first few minutes. The commentators were saying he is leading St Kilda in tackles too, not surprising really given his workrate around the ball.

Easy to forget McEvoy's only 21/22 as he seems much older. Scary to think how good he will be in a few years, well scary for opposition clubs anyway.

Here are McEvoy's stats since being late replacement for Kosi over at Subi

Round 10: 14 disposals (9 contested), 28 hitouts, 7 tackles, 5 one %'s, 3 marks and went at 71 % effiecncy

Round 11: 22 Disposals (12 Contested), 30 hitouts, 7 tackles, 9 marks and he went at 78% efficiency

Round 12: 12 Disposals (10 contested), 23 hitouts, 5 tackles, 6 marks (4 contested), 1 goal and went at 82% effiency

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Ben McEvoy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back