Cancelled
10k Posts
Apr 27, 2005
8th place
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Ham, Tony Pulis hat
As most already know he tried to engineer a trade last year however no one showed any intererst. Signed on for one year and so far has had a great year. A year worthy of attention. Hes putting off contract negotations and it appears more and more likely he will be traded at years end. Rumors are Carlton, St Kilda and Melbourne have already shown interest.

IMO Eagles would be looking at upgrading Pick 18 to Carltons first rounder (pick 9 or 10). From St Kilda I find very little we would want. From Melbourne I can see Pick 19 or maybe a older head like Bruce.

I knew Carlton were keen, where did you hear dees and saints were too?

Depends how much they want him, can maybe expect a pick between 15 -25 region or we could throw in our 3rd pick (20) and upgrade to saints or blues' first pick, if they are keen enough.

I seem to recall Melbourne were interested last season, but were turned back as he was under contract. From what I've seen of him he has a great set of hands and is a reliable kick for goal. I could see Melbourne being interested as an eventual replacement for Robbo, but not at the price you've mentioned Embers.

Bruce, despite seemingly every Melbourne supporter calling for him to be traded earlier in the season, is having a very good season. If he was to be traded, I would imagine he would be bandied around to teams around the mark for a GF spot (Bulldogs, Swans, Crows, Hawks etc) in an attempt to snaffle a first round pick. If, and only if they were able to achieve that, I would think our second rounder may end up in play.

As most already know he tried to engineer a trade last year however no one showed any intererst. Signed on for one year and so far has had a great year. A year worthy of attention. Hes putting off contract negotations and it appears more and more likely he will be traded at years end. Rumors are Carlton, St Kilda and Melbourne have already shown interest.

IMO Eagles would be looking at upgrading Pick 18 to Carltons first rounder (pick 9 or 10). From St Kilda I find very little we would want. From Melbourne I can see Pick 19 or maybe a older head like Bruce.
Do you want willo?

A mid > late second round pick is not unreasonable given he's a forward who looks like he can 1) Mark and 2) kick straight.

Lets just hope Melbourne use their PSD pick 1 on Warnock.

I recall he was an Essendon supporter growing up, you would think we could get at least Essendons 3rd round pick before Melbourne would grab him for nothing??

Thoughts Essendon people????

Some would argue a straight swap for Lovett would be enough!!

Thoughts Essendon people????

Some would argue a straight swap for Lovett would be enough!!

personally i dont think we need mckinley. im sure he will turn out to be a solid player, but we have lloyd and lucas for a few more years. we will also have the problem of trying to work neagle and gumbleton into the forwardline.

as for trade value, i would say late second rounder. if melbourne are interested, couldnt they just get him in the PSD for nothing?

I think you'd be looking at something more like Bruce and pick 34(3rd round), or even bruce and a pick upgrade (34) for mckinley and pick 50.

I'd consider that, despite WC piss-poor form they're not as far away from finals as melbourne, so bruce is more useful to them then to us.

I think you'd be looking at something more like Bruce and pick 34(3rd round), or even bruce and a pick upgrade (34) for mckinley and pick 50.

I'd consider that, despite WC piss-poor form they're not as far away from finals as melbourne, so bruce is more useful to them then to us.

Bruce want be going any where...He will finish his career at melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben McKinleys trade value

Remove this Banner Ad

Back