ben reids just not good enough

Remove this Banner Ad

lukey69

Rookie
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
not in our best 22 and should look for a trade at the end of the year his had his time leigh brown is a better option

I was annoyed they didnt give him a run on Roo

Seriously if Reid isnt upto it Brown is no where near it

He was a shocking no point being big if you cant hold your own against a first gamer in a marking contest

Just looked slow maybe he needs to drop some weight

Goldsack will be our 2nd best defender behind Presti this year

he dident do enough in a nab cup game what makes you think he will do better in a real game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow some people are ignorant:cool:

The guy was drafted as a bottom age player a few years ago and hasnt even has his 21st Birthday.

I think his development has been good and i've got no doubt he'll improve substantially over the next couple of years. In a team with limited stocks of mature bodied/minded KPD you want to throw him away.

Needs more games at AFL level before he will become comfortable.

Let's remember, that was like what, his 2nd game at senior level playing in defence....yep he's gone....

Just needs to keep learning the craft. I actually thought he wasn't that bad. The young fella he played on can certainly play though.

The rebounding CHB (ala Scarlett) is exactly the role Reid is being groomed for. He has good spoiling ability and takes risks (leaving his man) but it'll all come together once he's actually got some AFL games under his belt. I believe that was his first ever AFL standard game in defense?

lukey i appreciate your passion but it was the first practice game of the year and the bloke has played in the defensive six for a whole 1 game at the highest level. He is young, he will learn and i'd be more worried about nathan brown than ben reid, he seems to have stagnated

Needs more games at AFL level before he will become comfortable.

Let's remember, that was like what, his 2nd game at senior level playing in defence....yep he's gone....

Just needs to keep learning the craft. I actually thought he wasn't that bad. The young fella he played on can certainly play though.

They Young Kid was Rhys Stanley - Saints picked him after we took Rounds

Just quietly i heard our first round draft pick for 2011 is no good either is it possible to delist him before we have drafted him?
Do you have any videos?

Sorry, just thought I'd get in before Dave. :p

Just quietly i heard our first round draft pick for 2011 is no good either is it possible to delist him before we have drafted him?

Well lets face it, the way the GC will have plundered this draft, our first pick will end up being the equivilant of pick 45 in most years, so there is a good chance he might not be much chop.

not in our best 22 and should look for a trade at the end of the year his had his time leigh brown is a better option

As ill informed as your whole sentence is this stands out most

How can you even mention a trade before the year starts. You have no idea how the rest of 2010 turns out yet

Seriously, If this thread was about Nathan Brown I would have almost agreed, but Ben Reid for his first game EVER at Centre Half Back in senior football actually played well.

He started on Kosi, and killed him, kosi didn't even take a mark on Reid. The young bloke Stanley was more of a difficult matchup, but the great mark he took was on Brown also, so you can't criticize Reid for that.

For his first ever game at CHB, he was more then adequate, and the biggest mistake he made was a "mental" mistake in kicking to a contest rather then short late in the game, which didn't cost us the game, as O'Brien gave away a silly free then Buckley left Schneider on his own.

Reid was ok last night, or at least it looked like that live at the ground.

He will be our CHB, Nathan Brown is our biggest problem IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

ben reids just not good enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back