Ben Sinclair nominated for Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Very well done Ben and richly deserved,he and Keeffey 2 most improved players at the club without a doubt,keep it up mate and loving the pressure you bring to the Pies games.

Well done Sinkers.:thumbsu::D

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...nce-against-dees/story-fncz972k-1226392554909

Collingwood's Ben Sinclair has been named the AFL's round 11 NAB Rising Star nominee following a superb performance against the Demons.
The Magpies small forward had 12 possessions, took five marks and topped Collingwood's goalkicking with three goals in the Magpies' 42-point victory over Melbourne in the Queen's Birthday match at the MCG on Monday.
Sinclair, 20, has played every game in 2012, and drew special praise from coach Nathan Buckley for grabbing his AFL opportunity.
"In the first half of this year Ben has consistently been impacting on games for us," Buckley said.
"His contested footy, his pressure on the opposition and his ability to regularly get on the scoreboard have become really valuable and important to our flexibility."
"Right now he's one of our first picked, certainly one of the first picked of our small forwards."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...nce-against-dees/story-fncz972k-1226392554909

Good to see. I had my own reservations early on but I did believe in giving him time and he seems to have come good.

I knew I was a fan when, yesterday, Swan (I think) kicked it into the 50 for him to run on to when in front of his man and I just relaxed because I knew he had the pace to take off and kick the goal. His conversion in front of goal has improved a lot so let's hope he keeps it up.

Bucks saying he is "one of our first picked" indicates Buckley has him in best 5 let alone best 22.

Amazing stuff.
Nah, just means he's Bucks' coaches pet, but unlike some coaches pets in the past, this one is actually improving to where as he is at a point where he is easily in our best 22.

I see him as our Krakouer replacement at the moment, and you could argue he's doing a better job then Krak did last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll acknowledge that i was critical of him in his few games this year - particularly some poor skill execution which resulted in turnovers. BUT i'm happy that he has proven himself to myself and the other Cwood haters :p He has been very good lately, provides some excitement and is converting his opportunities for goal now! I love his pressure acts especially the smothers! :D
Well done and well deserved!

beez likes this thread :thumbsu:

I've always liked Sinkers, for me he's the guy that I get excited about any time he gets near the ball. Deserved nomination for both his hard work and performances this season.

reward always comes for effort.

As much as people questioned him earlier in the season, i bet it was effort and ferocity on the ball that was never questioned.

He will only get better , the attributes he has already , not every player has them. The ones he seems to lack , can be learnt and polished, with bucks backing him 100% on top of that , i think the kids going to be alright for us for years to come

So happy he prooved me and all the critics wrong. He has really improved now to the point where we need him and his preasure in the forward line now and he has also started to kick some goals as well. Clearly in our best 22 now.

Gotta admit I was one of those that couldn't see why he was still getting a game after those first 2 or 3 games this year but I am stoked at the way he has improved out of sight since then. His kicking is now perfectly acceptable and his work rate (which was always his best attribute) has gone higher with every game.

There's nothing I like better than a player who I haven't rated at all turning it around and demanding selection every week. They inevitably go on to have a special place in my affections (e.g. Toovey) and Sinclair is really starting to do just that.

Big props to Buckley for seeing the value in him and giving him the time to show us what he can do.

Congrats Ben!

The best game I've seen from him, albeit that there were glimpses of his improvement in other non-televised games that I didn't get to see (Bulldogs, Lions...) and he was very good in parts of the Adelaide game.

I loved seeing him balance and slot that one on the run in the first.

Great stuff Sinkers, well done.

Congrats Sinkers, well deserved.

I'll also put my hand up and confess to being another who thought a return to the VFL was in order earlier in the year, but I'm very happy to have been wrong. Never questioned his work ethic or tenacity though, he creates so many opportunities and seems to have found his feet now.

Loved his early niggling of Watts as well, followed up shortly by two opening quarter goals and very nearly a third after that awesome smother on Frawley in the pocket. Does some good things up the ground also, against Essendon and again yesterday he bobbed up down back to win some crucial contested ball.

Knows only one way, something you can't teach or put a price on.

The best game I've seen from him, albeit that there were glimpses of his improvement in other non-televised games that I didn't get to see (Bulldogs, Lions...) and he was very good in parts of the Adelaide game.

I loved seeing him balance and slot that one on the run in the first.

Great stuff Sinkers, well done.

Yeah it is good seem him Take his Chances as his 1st 4 or so Games where Terrible

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Sinclair nominated for Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back