Breakout Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Carmichael for me, reckon he will be close to rising star. Although not listed on Sportsbet
Probably too old would be my guess. Love to see him establish himself though. Rolled gold cheap as chips pick up. Would be a huge bonus

The Pies. Look, the honeymoon is happening & I can see a faceplant coming on but I haven't felt this way since 2011. We have depth & talent on every line, plenty of scope for development & background shite sorted for now. I feel the stars are aligning. Let's not stop there, Pies for 2023, 2024 & beyond. Might as well fall big!

Pendlebury. Will finally live up to his potential.

Pendles will be an interesting one to watch … will his game flourish without the worry about what the other 21 players on the ground are doing?

Also, it might free up more his time to mentor players who might benefit from his close influence - Bianco for example.

I predict less games where we concede a run of goals, cost us a few times last year.

Saints Rd 1
Cats Rd 3
Lions Rd 5
Tigers Rd 8
Dogs Rd 9
Blues Rd 11
Hawks Rd 12
Giants Rd 15
Roos Rd 17
Ess Rd 19
Bluss Rd 23

Hopefully something is put into practice to address it - happened time and time again last season
Yeah I think who we recruited has gone a long way to slowing this. Centre clearances and monster forwards hurt us.

Mitchell should help in the centre and Frampton could potentially handle a gorilla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward Line:

I think Ash Johnson is worth keeping an eye on. Debuted late in the season and kicked 15 goals in 9 games, a few of them were clutch. He kept Henry out of the team. Noticeably improved over his games.

Another for me is McCreery. He’s got that natural defensive pressure which is what most forwards struggle with. He can work on other aspects of his game.

I reckon Mihocek will benefit from having McStay in the forward line.

Pendles will be an interesting one to watch … will his game flourish without the worry about what the other 21 players on the ground are doing?

Also, it might free up more his time to mentor players who might benefit from his close influence - Bianco for example.
I'm pretty sure that whatever was Pendles' concern for other players on the ground will not change when he isn't captain. He isn't going to switch off leadership. The only real difference will be that someone else does the heavy lifting outside of the sirens.

I expect McReery to be the biggest improver this year. He's going to go from a role player to adding more strings to his Beau. He's the type of character that will be unfazed by pressures of added responsibilities. I think his career trajectory will be very similar to that of Cameron Ling.
Cameron's brother David is a good mate of mine. He's a brunette although looks like Cameron.
Nice family.

Agree Beau will keep improving.
He's a beast

I expect McReery to be the biggest improver this year. He's going to go from a role player to adding more strings to his Beau. He's the type of character that will be unfazed by pressures of added responsibilities. I think his career trajectory will be very similar to that of Cameron Ling.
Needs to be more ’one touch’ and know when to back himself, can be a little too unselfish at times but agree with most he could be a real point of difference for us, he has shown it.

good thing we have a number of fringe and depth players with high potential, plus a few established stars with higher ceilings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Breakout Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back