Status
Not open for further replies.

raso43

Rookie
May 6, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey, anybody got any news on this struggling league, would be a shame to see it fold however not to sure how the drought and lack of teams is going to affect it this year.

far as i know mate, it will be up and running again in 07 - all sides to go around!

Do you have an interest in the comp? Which club?

Cheers,

Would be a shame if this comp was to fold, but the future isnt looking to bright for over the next 5 or so years.

Would be a shame if this comp was to fold, but the future isnt looking to bright for over the next 5 or so years.

Wont survive - blame the VCFL who shoulda done something with the now defunct CGFL and the BDFL - Thornton and Alex didnt wanna go south initially and Yea and Violet Town went to the KDFL. Thought Shepp East & Rumba shoulda went KDFL and Dookie PDFL.

Mighta taken some time to get the BDFL clubs up to speed with say under 17's but they have netball comps and a passion for the game and had those 4 clubs mentioned above joined ya never know, maybe a rejuvenated 9-10 team comp just coulda saved the BDFL.

Very strong talk around that Devenish wiil fold/go into recess very ,very soon.
No coach,no players and no water. Longwood and Bonnie Doon also struggling I'm told. This could possibly be the last season for the good old Biff and Dong FL. The VCFL wont prop it up.

No coach,no players and no water. Longwood and Bonnie Doon also struggling I'm told. This could possibly be the last season for the good old Biff and Dong FL. The VCFL wont prop it up.

Basically the impression we got during the CGFL talks slim18. Pity . . . every little club & comp across the state should have the luxury of the VCFL helping promote the game in everyone's best interest but it seems eveident whats gunna happen in this case.

Basically the impression we got during the CGFL talks slim18. Pity . . . every little club & comp across the state should have the luxury of the VCFL helping promote the game in everyone's best interest but it seems eveident whats gunna happen in this case.

Also the no go with u/17s for '07 wont assist any of the clubs

Also the no go with u/17s for '07 wont assist any of the clubs

I don't believe that BDFL clubs need U17's. It's a different set up to other leagues and the towns that play in the BDFL would really struggle to field U17s. Swanpool & Goorambat might be able to get enough from Benalla, but I don't believe the others could without a lot of trouble.

Wont survive - blame the VCFL who shoulda done something with the now defunct CGFL and the BDFL - Thornton and Alex didnt wanna go south initially and Yea and Violet Town went to the KDFL. Thought Shepp East & Rumba shoulda went KDFL and Dookie PDFL.

Mighta taken some time to get the BDFL clubs up to speed with say under 17's but they have netball comps and a passion for the game and had those 4 clubs mentioned above joined ya never know, maybe a rejuvenated 9-10 team comp just coulda saved the BDFL.

Makes a lotta sense Doon, could this happen in the future? Say if the Boners and Alex get sick of the travel? I know that the YV clubs aren't all happy campers about having to go out there!

Think the water is settled, not sure about the others - what;s your source?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes a lotta sense Doon, could this happen in the future? Say if the Boners and Alex get sick of the travel? I know that the YV clubs aren't all happy campers about having to go out there!

Horse has bolted on this one Im afraid, reckon it's like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV . . . . . "if it dies it dies"

Horse has bolted on this one Im afraid, reckon it's like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV . . . . . "if it dies it dies"
Why is it stuggling Doon? If the Junoir comp around the area is still strong and there is footballers who don't want to commit the rigors of the upper league training req's there must be th plyaers. Or is that the prob , there just isn't as many footballers around. How many other district leagues in Vic are struggling. The district leagues up here in NSW are getting stronger. Has the admin of country footy got it horribly wrong? I would be saddened to see the demise of the B&D league as that is where i started. But if there's not the players any more then thats the way it is.

You make a very good point there head about the players who just want to have a kick without having to put in the training required of higher leagues, and also for the blokes that simply wouldn't get a game in other leagues even at 2s level.

But the VCFL don't seem to care too much about this league and it seems they will just let it go. It would be ideal if Thornton could come back in, I think Alex is too big. I always thought Glenrowan could come back to the league as well and possibly Benalla All Blacks, although they seem to have a fairly strong thirds team which would be a problem.

You make a very good point there head about the players who just want to have a kick without having to put in the training required of higher leagues, and also for the blokes that simply wouldn't get a game in other leagues even at 2s level.

But the VCFL don't seem to care too much about this league and it seems they will just let it go. It would be ideal if Thornton could come back in, I think Alex is too big. I always thought Glenrowan could come back to the league as well and possibly Benalla All Blacks, although they seem to have a fairly strong thirds team which would be a problem.

Benalla as atown supplies,though not in huge quantities in some cases, players to the GV -Benalla,Bdfl -Tatong,Dev,G/bat,S/pool,O&K All Blacks,greta,G/rowan, O&M Wang&rovers and Violet Town in the KDFL.
The kids no's at junior level are still strong but once they get to 17 retention
becomes a problem to the point that you may only get 12-20 kids graduate.
That puts a fair drain on the resources and it is now really starting to impact hard.

Well said Tusken, good points you make there! :thumbsu:

Heard tonight that Dev have actually gone. Can anyone confirm? League to run with 5 teams in 07.

Geez, I hope not. This would be almost the end if true. I cannot see how a competition could be sustained with only 5 teams. It's bad enough with 6, as teams have to play each other 3 times during the H&A season and it surely must become a little bit boring doing that.

The re-structuring of the GV/North East region has been pretty ordinary and the VCFL should have a good hard look at themselves. They won't though, they'll just blame "small towns", population shift etc. Not good enough, as when (it seems inevitable) this league folds you are going to have at least 120 players who in all probability will never play football again. That figure I've come up with is just based on the reserves BDFL players so I reckon it's fairly conservative.

These clubs in the BDFL are the social hub of most of these small towns.

Geez, I hope not. This would be almost the end if true. I cannot see how a competition could be sustained with only 5 teams. It's bad enough with 6, as teams have to play each other 3 times during the H&A season and it surely must become a little bit boring doing that.

The re-structuring of the GV/North East region has been pretty ordinary and the VCFL should have a good hard look at themselves. They won't though, they'll just blame "small towns", population shift etc. Not good enough, as when (it seems inevitable) this league folds you are going to have at least 120 players who in all probability will never play football again. That figure I've come up with is just based on the reserves BDFL players so I reckon it's fairly conservative.

These clubs in the BDFL are the social hub of most of these small towns.
Get the boys from the bogie ranges to reform.

far as i know mate, it will be up and running again in 07 - all sides to go around!

Do you have an interest in the comp? Which club?

Cheers,

Yeah mate have played at Tatong.

Something needs to happen with this league, if the rumours are true and Devenish have folded surely it cannot continue with only 5 teams

Yeah mate have played at Tatong.

Something needs to happen with this league, if the rumours are true and Devenish have folded surely it cannot continue with only 5 teams

If the league did fold after 07 I think the better run clubs like G/bat may find a home elsewhwere, in the O&K for example. Their facilities and ground are good enough. Just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back