Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Broadford were largely uncompetitive near the end in the riddell league, where they were located close to other towns. Yes the towns growing, but it's a big step up to go from not playing to bendigo footy, where there's plenty of travel. Who's the closest club? Gisborne? Who could leave yet. I'd hope they league is banging the door down at Sunbury, gisborne giants, diggers rest and bacchus marsh and darley to try get them to join. Seems really left field to look at Broadford. I'd chase Wallan before Broadford.
Can't see Sunbury leaving Ballarat for Bendigo. Unless you're talking about the Roos or Rupo?

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

not all over this but does anyone genuinelty know why broadford left the rdfl let alone why the left thew hdfl before that. go to anothhr league didnt like that either and now looking somewhere new again. itsd a cycle of behaviour or decision making that simpy that cant continue.
bendigo league even out of desperation seems a bloody strange option for both parties. why hasnt the afl not hopped in a helped braodford see reason and place them back in the rdfl or hdfl which i wouldve thought both leagues in there situations are viable options as they seem proactive and wanting to grow.

not all over this but does anyone genuinelty know why broadford left the rdfl let alone why the left thew hdfl before that. go to anothhr league didnt like that either and now looking somewhere new again. itsd a cycle of behaviour or decision making that simpy that cant continue.
bendigo league even out of desperation seems a bloody strange option for both parties. why hasnt the afl not hopped in a helped braodford see reason and place them back in the rdfl or hdfl which i wouldve thought both leagues in there situations are viable options as they seem proactive and wanting to grow.
Costs in the riddell, so unless the bfl offer them to play for free their not coming. I think on field issues are why they left heathcote.

Costs in the riddell, so unless the bfl offer them to play for free their not coming. I think on field issues are why they left heathcote.

Since then, the RDFL left the Goldfields hub and their affiliation fees are notably less than what they were when they were last in the league. No use comparing the league then to now and it would be a far more lucrative proposition if they looked into it.

On field issues played a significant part in leaving the Heathcote league.

It’s incredible how we all just speak of lower affiliation fees in Riddell league like it is the most normal thing in the world, when the reality is we are being shafted.

We really are our own worst enemies sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys been a reader of this board and a keen follower of Bendigo footy for a while but first time poster

I've hear from different clubs in the region about a lack of connection between there junior and senior clubs and just wondering if you were starting a new club from scratch how there could be more of a connection between juniors and seniors.

I'm interested in this also because although I'm more of a footy man I'm trying to start up a Rugby league club in Bendigo (yes I know it was tried years ago but there is more interest in Rugby league in Bendigo now than back then). Being a smaller sport than footy prob helps but def want to make sure there is a strong connection between juniors and seniors.

Also just interested to hear thoughts on this issue as a footy lover in Bendigo.

The year they left they were promised a new league would be formed around that area which would of included Alex, Yea, Broadford and not sure but they reckon there was 5 committed already from that area and they reached out to Nagambie, Avenel, Longwood, VT but there was little interest from those 4 clubs to head over the hills and leave the KDL

Can we please stop talking about lower fees being a reason Kyneton left? They paid players and coaches more than anyone in their last 2 years in the BFNL.
Haven't they also got a Ute and caravan raffle at the moment? It's more related to the town has greater links with rdfl clubs and maintaining juniors.

Why hasn't afl vic got the same fees throughout the state? Shouldn't that be the first thing on their list?

Haven't they also got a Ute and caravan raffle at the moment? It's more related to the town has greater links with rdfl clubs and maintaining juniors.

Why hasn't afl vic got the same fees throughout the state? Shouldn't that be the first thing on their list?
I'd say it was definitely about a better situation for juniors which is a smart move. There would have to be an element though of spending a lot to not make finals which more juniors coming through helps with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back