Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The live scores has been a bugbear of mine for a while, perhaps nothing sums up the incompetence of the hub better.

Surely when they don’t work for a week one of the 350 staff should follow up and then come out the next week and assist to solve any problems.

The same venues seem to break down all the time and yet they do nothing about it.

Surely those clubs could take the lead and do something???

Its not hard to use, surely clubs can give a canteen voucher to under 18s player to do it and roster 2 per week.
I be more inclined to put a 14-15 year old on the job. Tech savy and $50 to do the job would have many happy to do it The key thing is the scores must be live ... goalkickers can be sorted at the end of the game. There is really no excuse for a club not providing this service.

I be more inclined to put a 14-15 year old on the job. Tech savy and $50 to do the job would have many happy to do it The key thing is the scores must be live ... goalkickers can be sorted at the end of the game. There is really no excuse for a club not providing this service.
Too few volunteers.
I do ours, and I do qtr by qtr updates.
A) I’ve got other shit to do.
B) I want to watch and enjoy the footy and company at the footy.

If you want live scores, come watch it.

Too few volunteers.
I do ours, and I do qtr by qtr updates.
A) I’ve got other shit to do.
B) I want to watch and enjoy the footy and company at the footy.

If you want live scores, come watch it.
It's not really the point. Some supporters live hours away and cannot come and watch for various reasons. Health, and the tyranny of distance. But love their team and are frustrated when technology is not utilised.

If you want to isolate those supporters you will eventually lose them.

It's not really the point. Some supporters live hours away and cannot come and watch for various reasons. Health, and the tyranny of distance. But love their team and are frustrated when technology is not utilised.

But why take pot shots. Generally it’s not the fault of the volunteers, but the technology

I do the team managers job, live scoring and interchange bench for my club and I’m pretty well over it by 12.30.. then hit the cans hard after that 😃 be glad to see the end of season

Nothing more annoying than people taking pot shots at footy club committees for not doing things …

They are all unpaid volunteers doing their best…

Local footy clubs are not the money pits a lot of the keyboard warriors think they are….

If you want things to be better put in some of your own time and do something and help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the millionth time, the live scores is NOT a volunteer numbers issue.

The issue is with the reliability of the technology and the volunteer expertise to use it.

It’s perfectly simple. If live scores don’t work on Saturday, the hub staff should be calling the club on Monday to find out what the issue was, then sending a staff member to the next home game to make sure it runs and everyone knows what they are doing.

It is a service run to promote the league to the public, it is absolutely something the hub should be across.

This is not a cheap shot at the staff but a genuine question. What do they spend all their time on during the season?
The fixture is done, sponsors are signed, there’s a handful of reports all season, results are entered by clubs and the ladder automatically uploads.

What else is there for them to do? I’d love to hear what the 9-5 day looks like for the GM from April to August. They should have ample time to be all over these sorts of issues but as usual they just meander on with zero action and it is all left to clubs.

Nothing more annoying than people taking pot shots at footy club committees for not doing things …

They are all unpaid volunteers doing their best…

Local footy clubs are not the money pits a lot of the keyboard warriors think they are….

If you want things to be better put in some of your own time and do something and help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We've become a bit too accustomed to things being available "live" these days. Is there really a net benefit for the very small amount of people who would check live scores throughout a Saturday afternoon for the trouble clubs would have to go to in order to ENSURE it happens?

Check the scores at 5pm on Saturday arvo, if they're not updated at that stage then MAYBE it's worth a whinge...

For the millionth time, the live scores is NOT a volunteer numbers issue.

The issue is with the reliability of the technology and the volunteer expertise to use it.

It’s perfectly simple. If live scores don’t work on Saturday, the hub staff should be calling the club on Monday to find out what the issue was, then sending a staff member to the next home game to make sure it runs and everyone knows what they are doing.

It is a service run to promote the league to the public, it is absolutely something the hub should be across.

This is not a cheap shot at the staff but a genuine question. What do they spend all their time on during the season?
The fixture is done, sponsors are signed, there’s a handful of reports all season, results are entered by clubs and the ladder automatically uploads.

What else is there for them to do? I’d love to hear what the 9-5 day looks like for the GM from April to August. They should have ample time to be all over these sorts of issues but as usual they just meander on with zero action and it is all left to clubs.
So it is a volunteer numbers issue... If you get someone trained up by the hub, they then have to be at every home game to ensure it works properly.

So it is a volunteer numbers issue... If you get someone trained up by the hub, they then have to be at every home game to ensure it works properly.

Not really, once you have a few people who have it sorted it’s pretty simple to spread that knowledge around.

I suspect the issue is more that people don’t know what to do when it doesn’t work and how to get it back on track.

Not really, once you have a few people who have it sorted it’s pretty simple to spread that knowledge around.

I suspect the issue is more that people don’t know what to do when it doesn’t work and how to get it back on track.
Which we should all understand and accept. There is clearly more involved than when we used to ring the scores through on a Saturday night.

Having a goal of everyone being able to do it all the time is fine, having it as an expectation is asking a bit much I think.

Can you rely on scoreboards, manual or done via a computer to put it up on a screen anyway?
Most places with screens, it’s the timekeepers that are doing it, and they’ve got an important job to do without updating a live internet scoreboard as well. And how many times do you see the goal umpires wander across at a break to get the scoreboard amended? More often than you’d think.
Updating the “live” scores for the handful of people looking them up could be done at the breaks, after they’ve been confirmed with the goal umpires.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having used the PlayHQ system, It is so easy to add a goal or behind but it is absolute pain when you have done a mistake and you have to remove it and there is multiple step process to remove it and you may have missed a goal or point by the time you finish however when there is a one or two step(If you add players) when selecting a goal or behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back