Personal Experience Berenstein/Berenstain Bears evidence of parallel universes

Remove this Banner Ad

The classical Latin alphabet has neither a 'J' nor a 'U'. This would seem to reinforce the original poster's point.
V was U in latin. I was J in latin.
So the word "double u" stems from that.
That V morphed into U.
and i have maybe XXIII percent knowledge of latin, so if anyone wants to re-correct me, go for it.

I must confess I had never even heard of the Berenstein/Berenstain bears! Didn't stop me enjoying the thread though.

My own Mandela Effect experience concerns Return of the Jedi. In the battle over Endor, when Lando realises the Death Star shields are still up he tells the rest of the attacking formation to pull up. They do, but two X-wings are a little late and hit the shields and explode. At least that's what I remember! Rewatching the film later, it doesn't happen. But my memory of it is very strong.

That sounds familiar but not from Star Wars. Could it be from Independence Day or something similar with aerial combat?

That sounds familiar but not from Star Wars. Could it be from Independence Day or something similar with aerial combat?

No, as Jarmayhem pointed out, this does happen in RotJ, but only in the novelisation. Thinking back, I am sure I did read it and forgot about it, thus explaining my conflation of the two.

Something similar does happen in ID, where a F-14 (or two?) crash into the shields of the daughter ship.

No, as Jarmayhem pointed out, this does happen in RotJ, but only in the novelisation. Thinking back, I am sure I did read it and forgot about it, thus explaining my conflation of the two.

Something similar does happen in ID, where a F-14 (or two?) crash into the shields of the daughter ship.

Nope, just remembered where I'd seen it/what I was thinking.

A few X-Wings don't pull up in time before shield closes in Rogue One.

this still blows me away like nothing else.
i swear and attest to my life that dolly had braces....it makes zero sense now that she wouldnt. thats the whole ****ing point to her having braces and jaws having braces falling in love, the whole beauty and the beast thing.

i remember this vividly when first watching the movie, there aint no memory discrepancy here whatsoever....

View attachment 821336
View attachment 821339
Definitely had braces GG....They've probably just used C.G.I to edit them out ever since.
but it no longer even exists on vhs which is the mind ****.

also you are right in a way, theres now a flash of light over her teeth when she firsts smiles like there was cgi done.

but the vhs thing is wow, sir

anyway...thanks for helping me out unlike the others i tagged :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but it no longer even exists on vhs which is the mind fu**.

also you are right in a way, theres now a flash of light over her teeth when she firsts smiles like there was cgi done.

but the vhs thing is wow, sir

anyway...thanks for helping me out unlike the others i tagged :(

I remember watching that movie as a teenager, & the thing they both shared in common - that cemented them together - was her braces when she smiled back at Jaws….It was a seminal moment in the movie....That & the fact she was half his size.

I'm sure the others will be along in their own time to answer your question.

this still blows me away like nothing else.
i swear and attest to my life that dolly had braces....it makes zero sense now that she wouldnt. thats the whole ******* point to her having braces and jaws having braces falling in love, the whole beauty and the beast thing.

i remember this vividly when first watching the movie, there aint no memory discrepancy here whatsoever....

I think there is a spoof character in an Austin Powers movie where she has braces.

EDIT: Nope, just a Finnish commercial.

Last edited:
I wasnt sure what I was walking into here GG.exe and whilst I have no concrete evidence to support my claim she definitely had braces on the big screen..I can attest to that.
thank you, sir thats yet another proof for me, because your observation skills are very acute

I was sure the little blonde lady in the James Bond film Moonraker wore braces :huh:
I distinctly remembered the braces and it's the one instance of this effect that stands out for mine!

Remove this Banner Ad

Personal Experience Berenstein/Berenstain Bears evidence of parallel universes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back