Cancelled
Suspended
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 8, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Not a question either.

In his acceptance speech last night (loved his emo/artistic uniform as well) when he calimed that John Butler isn't the only one being an activist and hten goes "there's lots of us" or something I couldn't help but, well, I didn't do anything I just thought it was gay. (not gay in the homosexual having sex with bot-bot's way either, just gay in the like "omg that's gay" way)

Bernard Fanning = not cool.

RJ - does not wearing bling, having an ability to write, play and sing, maintaining a low profile rather than playing the wannabe celebrity game and immitating negroid gun toting rappers not sit well with you?;)

Lidge said:
RJ - does not wearing bling, having an ability to write, play and sing, maintaining a low profile rather than playing the wannabe celebrity game and immitating negroid gun toting rappers not sit well with you?;)

top call Lidge!!

The ARIAs are alright. Much better than anything America produces re: awards shows - and what else is there to watch on a Sunday night - the eighth removed version of Law and Order or CSI or that crap?

There are some cringe moments but The Silverchair/Oils thing was good.

I agree that Fanning came across as a tosser.

While accepting one award he opened with "3 hours is way too long for a night like this - don't you think? - but I shouldn't sound ungrateful". You're so cool Bernard. Been here, done that , so over it. It ended at 10:30 FFS. Then when others get a bit political he is up there talking about how powerful this forum is for musicians like him.

Wolfmother trying to trash their instruments and failing was pretty gay too.

• Banned
The Zebra said:
Wolfmother trying to trash their instruments and failing was pretty gay too.

I gained respect for Wolfmother purely becuase they don't take themselves too seriously, in spite of the fact they've broken the American and British market on debut, yet powderfinger still can't after 8 or so albums and Bernard Fanny's solo tripe as well.

Sure, their music isn't my cup of tea, but at least they aren't pretentious about it.

And Lidge, I love Hiphop but I'm not restricted to listening only to Hiphop. I just hate pretentious gits like Fanny boy.

rick James said:
Not a question either.

In his acceptance speech last night (loved his emo/artistic uniform as well) when he calimed that John Butler isn't the only one being an activist and hten goes "there's lots of us" or something I couldn't help but, well, I didn't do anything I just thought it was gay. (not gay in the homosexual having sex with bot-bot's way either, just gay in the like "omg that's gay" way)

Bernard Fanning = not cool.

Agreed, hes a stooge.

Lidge said:
does not wearing bling, having an ability to write, play and sing, maintaining a low profile

you know the Veronica's song "everything I'm not"?

well bernard fanning was squealing that when he saw what you wrote.

The Zebra said:
While accepting one award he opened with "3 hours is way too long for a night like this - don't you think? - but I shouldn't sound ungrateful". You're so cool Bernard. Been here, done that , so over it. It ended at 10:30 FFS. Then when others get a bit political he is up there talking about how powerful this forum is for musicians like him.

Good call.

Make up your mind Bernard, you muppet!

Thinks he IS Australian music.

Anyone that calls Ben Lee a 'precocious little c***' is alright by me. :thumbsu:

He may be a bit of a weird nut but there's no doubting the guy's musical ability.

spanna050 said:
Anyone that calls Ben Lee a 'precocious little c***' is alright by me. :thumbsu:

I reckon him and Benny boy are peas in a pod, except Ben is more succesful and is unashamedly pop whereas Bernie is in denial. And hence, bitter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dice Man said:
Nicely ignored Tosser.. ooh I meant rJ:thumbsu:

I didn't ignore it, I figured it was pretty obvious I watched it.

I love crap awards shows, just seeing how much better a person I am than all celebreties makes me feel splendid.

AngelEyes said:
Didn't he have a swipe at Pete Murray? :confused:

....the Advertiser was saying something in their confidential pages about it today.

Linky spinky

Pete Murray sucks as well. For the record. I felt embarassed for John Mayer.

rick James said:
I didn't ignore it, I figured it was pretty obvious I watched it.

I love crap awards shows, just seeing how much better a person I am than all celebreties makes me feel splendid.

See I dont know what I find more amusing, watching award shows like these in the first place, or watching the awards and then coming on and complaining about certain acts that did or didnt win.

I honestly thought you'd be better than to be sucked into a TV show for 14 year olds, and assorted adult ******s.

The Dice Man said:
See I dont know what I find more amusing, watching award shows like these in the first place, or watching the awards and then coming on and complaining about certain acts that did or didnt win.

I honestly thought you'd be better than to be sucked into a TV show for 14 year olds, and assorted adult ******s.

Er, where am I whinging about who won what?

You should learn to not be a **** so much.

rick James said:
Er, where am I whinging about who won what?

You should learn to not be a **** so much.

Where did I refer to it being you specifically who was whingeing about who won what or lost?

I did go back and re-read your post and realise you're just whinging about something that you percieved as gay. Not gay in a sexual way, just in a happy way I guess.

The only way in which I specifically referred to you was this...

How could I possibly learn to not be such a **** when you dominate these boards in full **** Regalia?

Mate, it was sunday evening/night, I'm at my pc, with the tv on in the background - album of the year came on and I paid attention. As i said, I like watching cringe worthy television sometimes, and bernard didn't dissapoint. I fail to see how that's ******ed.

Perhaps you're just too uptight. You should relax.

rick James said:
Mate, it was sunday evening/night, I'm at my pc, with the tv on in the background - album of the year came on and I paid attention. As i said, I like watching cringe worthy television sometimes, and bernard didn't dissapoint. I fail to see how that's ******ed.

Perhaps you're just too uptight. You should relax.

Probably right, Ive ran out of choof till tomorrow:(

The Dice Man said:
Probably right, Ive ran out of choof till tomorrow:(

That is a bit of a Bernard Fanning moment.

AngelEyes said:
Didn't he have a swipe at Pete Murray? :confused:

....the Advertiser was saying something in their confidential pages about it today.

Linky spinky

If you read that, Pete Murray had a swipe at Fanning, not vice versa.

Fancy Murray saying that. Fanning has more talent in his pinky finger than that pathetic, bland, 'every song sounds the same' Murray hack.

rick James said:
Pete Murray sucks as well. For the record. I felt embarassed for John Mayer.

John Mayer is even worse than Murray, because he's the same stupid metrosexual faceless, boring, irritating ****er - but he's internationally popular. You can't just leave Australia to escape him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bernard Fanning - Massive tosser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back