Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Strong rumour going around last night that Vic skipper Darren Berry would be axed from the Victorian squad.

Not sure what he would have done but the source was Ray Bright.

Will apparently come out in the media over the next couple of days.

Not to sound like a dog here, but it's about time.
Darren has given Victoria the best he had and it was great too but age is catching up. Plus Roachy has deserved a run for too long and is a much better batsmen IMO. The glove work of Darren is top class but Roach aint the far off.
Well done to Darren on a great career if this is true though.

I'm not sure its necesarily about form. To axe your captain 3 matches out of a final seems a little weird. I'd say he's trodden on someones toes.

Another theory was that he is extremely close to Darren Lehmann and a few of the SA boys and maybe looking at a switch. Can't see SA being too interested though.

sheesh.

Hmmm.

It would be seriously questionable timing... unless they've come to a decision that he should retire.

I mean, the Bushrangers are only just moving on from Hookes, but to dump the skipper and, well, figurehead of the bushrangers is a big call. I don't see how this could end well.

What could he have done?

The only thing I can think of is that he's decided to retire, having won one 'for hooksey'. Because you'd think his competitive spirit would lead him to want to be around for a crack at the shield.

If its true, it is strange only three matches out from a final.

I fully expected him to be axed prior to next season such has been the success of White as captian and the extra dimension Roach (or Crossthwaite?) would bring to the batting lineup.

But now would be a bit of a surprise.

Well I certainly hope it isn't true - after enjoying the "new" Victoria this season, this smacks like going straight back to the "old" Victoria of a few years ago.

Which would be a shame.

would be completely surprised if this was true...ok, so he hasn't made any runs, but keepers still win matches for you

Im sure they would do it mid season. Berry's experience wouldn't be worth much in the final anyway (enter extreme dose of sarcasm here)

Rays's rumour doesnt seem to Bright to me:p

I doubt that this rumour is true. If it is it will be all over the news tonight. If it's not true, I am going to come back here and bag Jaymin for making up stories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by goaldrush
I doubt that this rumour is true. If it is it will be all over the news tonight. If it's not true, I am going to come back here and bag Jaymin for making up stories.

HAHAHAHA... i only read this thread because i saw goaldrush had the last post :p

she didn't dissappoint.

HEWETT ADDED TO PURA CUP SQUAD

Cricket Victoria selectors have today announced the Bushrangers squad to play the ‘re-scheduled’ match against the West End Redbacks starting at the MCG on Sunday, 8 February.

All rounder Ian Hewett has been added to the squad of 12 that beat South Australia at the Adelaide Oval this week.

The Bushrangers squad is:

Darren BERRY (C)

Matthew ELLIOTT

Ian HEWETT

Brad HODGE

David HUSSEY

Mathew INNESS

Michael LEWIS

Andrew McDONALD

Jonathan MOSS

Matthew MOTT

Graeme RUMMANS

Allan WISE

Cameron WHITE

The Bushrangers will train on Friday, 6 February at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC) beginning at 9.45am. Greg Shipperd will be available to the media at the completion of training at approximately 10.45am.

Originally posted by evfenton78
HEWETT ADDED TO PURA CUP SQUAD
And they say Deitz has pictures of selectors :rolleyes:

This should be Berry's last season IMO then he should take over a coaching role. I wouldn't have brought him back for the one dayers but now that they have, he has to stay until the end of the season.

Originally posted by Jaymin
Yeah i'm sure Berry's in tears....

Malicious? spare me.

Just pasisng on what i heard....

And just passing on my views on your "rumour".

If it were anyone else posting it, i may believe it was a legit rumour........

Originally posted by Jaymin
Hi Suzi!

How's the family?

Kids going well?

Say hi to Gav Dore for me....

Look after yourself.
Switching back to the topic....

Why make up fake rumours?

Switching back to the topic....

Why make up fake rumours?
Because you are my role model Suzi. I want to be just like you.

I said it was a rumour from the start. I never said it was fact.

If it were anyone else posting it, i may believe it was a legit rumour........

a legit rumour?

how does that vary from a rumour thats unfounded?

Remove this Banner Ad

Berry to be axed from Vic State Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back