Best AFL Live match you have played

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I would kick this thread off properly.

Just played an absolute EPIC of a match in Round 2 of my Season Mode with Freo. Difficulty : Professional
Quarter Lengths: 5 Minutes

Quarter 1

The game started off as expected I won the clearances and looked pretty good. But I couldn't kick straight, 3 of my first 5 behinds came from kicks hitting the post from Pavlich, Fyfe and Crowley. Then the onslaught from Geelong came, they piled on 4 quick goals in the final 8 minutes to lead by 19.

Fremantle - 0.5 5
Geelong 4.0 24

Quarter 2

An amazing quarter of footy. It started off just as it had ended, Geelong dominating me. I won all the clearances but couldn't hit my targets moving forward. Geelong would always cut back into the corridor and have free room to move inside their forward 50. They kicked a further 3.2 to my measly 1 behind to lead by 38 points with 8 minutes left in the term. Enter Nathan Fyfe, roved at the back of the pack and had a quick drop punt shot from 40 which just snuck in to give me a look in. I got the next clearance, straight down the throat of Pavlich. 30 out, dead infront - GOAL. 26 Points down now. Managed to get the footy back inside my forward 50 but couldn't breakthrough. After a series of stoppages, the footy found it's way into Mayne's lap who kicked a goal with 30 seconds left. After a quick clearance and clearing kick, Aaron Sandiland's ran forward to take a mark on the siren and kick a goal. Margin in the blink of an eye, cut back to 13 points. Amazing how momentum can work for you.

Fremantle 4.7 31
Geelong 7.2 44

Quarter 3

A dead rubber of a quarter, barely any teams managed to do much. Sandiland's snapped a quick goal to open up the term. Before neither team could capitalize on their opportunities and the cats got one back right at the end of the quarter to bring the margin back out to 15.

Fremantle 5.9 39
Geelong 8.6 54

Quarter 4

Possibly the most tense quarter I have ever played of AFL LIVE. Pavlich took a fantastic mark with 15 minutes to go to kick a much needed captains goal. For the next 5 minutes, I couldn't get it inside my 50. I managed to stop Geelong scoring, but it was just stoppage after stoppage, intense tackling. Before a quick clearance from Barlow found Pavlich on 50. Pav has Taylor breathing down his neck, surely he would take his set shot. Not Pav, plays on and just gets his kick away from 40 to get Freo within 3 points. 5 minute warning, Sandiland's earns a free kick for a push in the back 25 metres out, kicks the goal. Surely that is it, surely Fremantle have it here. After the bounce Geelong get a quick clearance and Varcoe marks and goals. The cats get the lead again. With 1.30 left on the clock the ball falls into Mayne's lap, who manages a low quick snap which skids through. Fremantle hit the front.

Siren sounds. Amazing game

*Sorry for the detail, I am just rather pumped!*

FINAL SCORE
Fremantle 9.10 64
Geelong 9.7 61

Major Ball Winners

M.Barlow 12.
M.de Boer. 11
M.Pavlich 9

Major Goal Kickers

A.Sandilands 3
M.Pavlich 3