Best BigFooty golfer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering who plays and how the handicaps stack up? I was a member at South Pines for years before moving, played about 3 times a week and the lowest I got to was 14. Only broke 80 once, having to sink a 3 footer at the 18th to do it. Never mind putting for the Green Jacket, my hands were shaky enough then. Only play in summer these days (because Ballarat is such a cold hole in winter), and my handicap has gone out to 20. Not sure whether to get a 6 month membership at Ballarat or Midlands this year. Looking forward to daylight saving when you can play after work. Anyone else have a hack?

A couple of years ago I was down to a 4, but I was playing just about every day that summer and was in the best form of my life. So I'm probably about 7-8 right now.

I haven't played much at all in the last year. Don't think I've picked up a club in six months.

Most days I'm about 75-80. Once in a blue moon I'll be down around 72-73.

Haven't played for 4 months due to a broken arm, but was playing fairly well before the injury. I don't play very seriously, usually having a hack with guys who shoot around the 100 mark.

I'm usually around 80-85 with a sub 80 score once in a blue moon. Haven't played a competition for a long while, so my handicap is still probably up around 16-18 haha. I'll start trying to bring that down eventually!

Excellent thread. I am an absolute golf tragic and part of the golf community. Play and watch the game very regularly and frequently. AFL and golf would have to be my two sporting passions, along with the english premier league.

Have often wondered if there are any decent golf message boards around as i dont seem to have been able to find any? Let me if you know any?

Anyway I'm up there playing off a pretty poor seven at the moment.

Shot pretty disappointing 84 and 86 in the first two rounds of the club champs on the weekend in a howling gale. Looking to shoot in the 70's this upcoming weekend in the final two rounds.

Just getting back into it after a bit of a lay off for a few years playing football and cricket (regretting it now), so hoping to improve on the form and get my handicap down to a respectable level.

Hoping to get into pennant team and compete in some decent amatuer tournaments which are a good test.

Once i upgrade my equipment it should improve my game a bit, so that i can keep up with the guys bombing it out there with the new drivers nowdays.

Often shoot in the low 70's. Most recent decent round was 73 a month or so back.

Anyhow so can anyone beat that?

If I'm walking around outdoors carrying a bunch of stuff, I prefer a bow and arrow. My idea of a beautiful course, is a thick tangle full of walking supper.

I do golf though, and I suck. I like it because it's something different to do while having some beers with the guys. I've always been a natural putter, and my chip shot has improved. No one is safe when I'm driving unless they happen to be standing on the green. ;)

I don't know what my score is. We just try to finish and remember the few truly good shots. The only thing we count is the beers.

I've got a good set of graphite clubs, a top-dollar putter custom cut for my size, and a tremendously expensive leather bag to keep all the stuff in. I look damn good...right up until I start playing.

Peace,

Golfin

Played Collier Park (WA) Island and Lake 18 last Sat......shot a yuk 102...........cant chip to save me life....but a good public course.

Want to get better.....but time is allways a bugger :mad:

Originally posted by understudy
Excellent thread. I am an absolute golf tragic and part of the golf community. Play and watch the game very regularly and frequently. AFL and golf would have to be my two sporting passions, along with the english premier league.

Have often wondered if there are any decent golf message boards around as i dont seem to have been able to find any? Let me if you know any?

rec.sport.golf on usenet is good and active, if a little USA dominated, their are a few regulaer aussie posters though.

Originally posted by Falchoon
rec.sport.golf on usenet is good and active, if a little USA dominated, their are a few regulaer aussie posters though.

cheers.

ps so it is official do i take the title? surely some one can beat my seven handicap? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ps so it is official do i take the title? surely some one can beat my seven handicap?

I've been as low as a 4, but I haven't played in 6 months, so I'd probably struggle a bit if I played right now.

Maybe we should all have a golf day or something.

Originally posted by Stealth bomber
Maybe we should all have a golf day or something.

Sounds like a good idea, actually. I could probably come up with a couple of places around here, that we could probably book in advance...

Ah, springtime. Great mood for golfing. :)

Or, as Mark Twain once put it, Golf is a good walk spoiled by a little white ball. :D

I would probably struggle, too, it's been far too long since I've played, but would love it for the experience.

Originally posted by Falchoon

further in regards to this site, was using it and it is ok, but it takes 6 to 8 hours for new threads to be posted which is ridiculous. Surely there are sites better than this one on the internet.

ps think i should hand over the mantle, shot 88 yesterday in last round of the championships after 80 on Saturday. not playing too bad just having trouble with the putter, racking up 40 putts on sunday. not to worry will be back into it next Sunday!
:p

Golf is a great game.One of the very few sports you can play while having a smoke and drinking a bourbon & coke.
Usually shoot in the low to mid 90s with my best score being 85 at Cape Schank.

Played at Royal Melbourne a few years back, deliberately lost the card at about 5 holes, wondering why I did this to myself after 9, want to destroy something after 13-14 and decided never to play again after 18.

Worst part was I'd shot 84 the week before and thought I was alright. Don't what I scored but somewhere around 130 wouldn't be far off.

Originally posted by shiva25
Golf is a great game.One of the very few sports you can play while having a smoke and drinking a bourbon & coke.
Usually shoot in the low to mid 90s with my best score being 85 at Cape Schank.

Thats not bad. I think the last time I played there I lost about 85 balls. A genuine NAGA contender am I. At one stage early in my teens, I went around in high 80's to early 90's. About 130 would be a good day now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Best BigFooty golfer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back