Best Captain in the APS

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick255 said:
My pick would be Michael Rockefeller from GC, 30 possys every game with a heavy tag, superstar!!!!

Have to agree with you Nick. I must be honest I play along side the bloke ( I am not actually Reece Cordy #26 for Geelong College) but he would be the best captain I ever played under, and I've played in many teams at many levels. 'Rocky' Can turn a game around with gutsy tacking and power running out of packs, best disposal under pressure I've ever seen and would be within reach of the top ten draftee's this year if only he was a couple of inches taller.
Also couldn't go past Tom Hawkins as another great captain. Played on him a few times, nice bloke, great player and leadership material. Rockefeller pips him as a captain though with his post match speeches going down a treat with all invovled.
Love to hear some other suggestions!?

Gravy133 said:
Dawesy's ball

dawes!!! BAHAHAH!!.... he got sent off in the match we played agaisnt him and only had about 2 possies. would have to be worst captain in APS, ROCKY FOR APS SKIPPA!!!

Yes Rockfeller would be a very good captain but i equally agree that Gilchrist from CGS.. he is a very hard and determined footballer. A pure leader.

Wizzfizz said:
dawes!!! BAHAHAH!!.... he got sent off in the match we played agaisnt him and only had about 2 possies. would have to be worst captain in APS, ROCKY FOR APS SKIPPA!!!
Yeah buddy, hate to break it to you, but Dawes went off that game because of the blood rule, not because he got sent off, and he took about 11 marks. . .
i think the statement worst captain in the aps is slightly harsh, just don't forget St Kevins. . .

Gravy133 said:
Yeah buddy, hate to break it to you, but Dawes went off that game because of the blood rule, not because he got sent off, and he took about 11 marks. . .
i think the statement worst captain in the aps is slightly harsh, just don't forget St Kevins. . .

You can't be serious mate, you obviously did not attend that game. I played and Dawes took 2UCM and 1CM. Hate to break it to mate but that only = 3 marks. Dawes was horrible against GC, clearly shown by the 90point deficit at the end of the game.

Dons06 said:
Yes Rockfeller would be a very good captain but i equally agree that Gilchrist from CGS.. he is a very hard and determined footballer. A pure leader.

gilchrist may be hard and determined but gets fired up way to easy and it brushes off on the whole team! when under a tag he finds Frustration more than the Ball.....

Ggrubbers12 said:
gilchrist may be hard and determined but gets fired up way to easy and it brushes off on the whole team! when under a tag he finds Frustration more than the Ball.....

Mate i can tell you now that being close mates with Gilchrist that he in no way brushes his frustrations off on the team. He just attacks the ball harder and goes harder at his opponent. I feel sorry for any bloke on the receiving end of one of his tackles once fired up. He plays with natural aggression and determination. He is a true leader who pumps up all the boys before and during the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke who is gonna play for the mighty cats next season - his knowledge of the game is exceptional. skill, determination, hard work ethic, strength and leadership has given him father-son which fittingly makes him the APS' best skipper.

yeh im going to have to agree...
kennedy has made a huge difference to the xavier side since his comeback from injury. He is an exceptional leader and not to mention an absolute superstar

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Captain in the APS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back