Best choke of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

gobble gobble, carlton sook and report more than any other club combined.
Well if you go trolling on an.opposition board especially after a loss you're gonna cop it

1. Blues - from 2nd favourite to not being able to beat a top 15 team in the last 10 weeks
2. Swans - dominant season mostly, faded late, disgraceful GF
3. GWS - 2 dreadful finals collapses, should have won the flag

Pies have gone under the radar a bit. Premiers to missing finals is a pretty bad choke

Well if you go trolling on an opposition board especially after a loss you're gonna cop it
There was literally an announcement on this site about not going to opposition boards and trolling because of Carlton poster's behaviour this year lol.

After being up by 20 at half time and playing 5th in a home prelim against an interstate side. It can’t get any worse.
Why is being up by 44 points in the third a smaller choke than than being up by 20 in the second?

Make a thread about basket cases if you like, this is about choking.

That said, given your club received 3 All-Australian's in F/S, a solid NGA player in Quaynor, favourable fixturing, and are the biggest club in the AFL (with all the rewards that offers, I'd say your performance this year was every bit as pathetic as ours.
Nice copium, except for the fact both Daicos' end up at Collingwood anyway, and an argument could be made that Moore still gets to us too. Quaynor was a nice gift. Most clubs have had a good gift or two - see Viney.

Geelong was worse than GWS. You were a few goals off a flag after being up by 20 at half time and playing 5th in a home prelim against an interstate side. It can’t get any worse.
100% the Cats was the worst choke of the season.
Choked hard when 25 up, after having an extra weeks rest against an interstate side.

Would have walked in the premiership at the G against those insipid Swans.
Cats choked away an easy flag this year.

100% the Cats was the worst choke of the season.
Choked hard when 25 up, after having an extra weeks rest against an interstate side.

Would have walked in the premiership at the G against those insipid Swans.
Cats choked away an easy flag this year.
Of the big games toward the pointy end, definitely.
But there were probably bigger ones during the year that had less riding on them. Shows the evenness of the competition and also how weak the comp is without strong teams up the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Blues - from 2nd favourite to not being able to beat a top 15 team in the last 10 weeks
2. Swans - dominant season mostly, faded late, disgraceful GF
3. GWS - 2 dreadful finals collapses, should have won the flag
1 - pies pre season favourites only to miss finals. Were in the top 8 for 3 weeks of the entire year
2- swans getting smacked in Adelaide by 20 goals
3- pies against St Kilda early in the season

Port Adelaide getting undersold in this thread because it's par for the course but consider they finished 2nd on the ladder with 2 home final wins needed to make a grand final....

They got absolutely obliterated at home in the first final by a team that didn't even make the grand final.

Nice copium, except for the fact both Daicos' end up at Collingwood anyway.
I don't know what this means. My understanding is that the Suns bid on Nick Daicos at pick 4 and Pies matched this bid with picks 38, 40, 42, 44.

Jumping the draft order, getting a discount on the pick cost, and being able to bundle junk picks for top-end talent is a rort.

More than happy to see it abolished.

GWS no contest. Probably would be premiers if it wasn't for one of the greatest finals chokes of all time.

Carlton wasn't exactly a choke, we had terrible form going into the finals and were practically limping into it while making some of the most bizarre MC decisions ever (ie. TDK as sub). It was always going to end badly.

My boys...blew a 7 goal lead against the power and a 5 goal lead against the giants...classy stuff....

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The nature of the Port game for mine.

Gave up 2 goals in the final 40 seconds to lose after being 41 points in front in the wet.

It cost us second spot on the ladder come seasons end simply by reversing that one result.

I don't know what this means. My understanding is that the Suns bid on Nick Daicos at pick 4 and Pies matched this bid with picks 38, 40, 42, 44.

Jumping the draft order, getting a discount on the pick cost, and being able to bundle junk picks for top-end talent is a rort.

More than happy to see it abolished.
Except Collingwood traded out of that draft because Nick was a superb player that they were going to be able to acquire. If he was not attached to the club, the Pies finished 17th in 2021 and still would have held that pick 2, and North Melbourne rated Horne-Francis higher.

What a year for pea-hearted performances.

Carlton best team in it, second on the ladder then CHOKE 60-0 in a final.
Fremantle second on the ladder just need to win a single game to play finals then CHOKE
GWS you poor campaigners! 24-0 under Kingsley when leading at 3/4 time. 13-0 leading at 3/4 time this year. Then to lose TWICE when leading at 3/4 time in finals- once leading by 44 points- DOUBLE CHOKE
Sydney Swans holy crap. Best footy for the year and ANOTHER grand final meltdown. Could see that one coming tho.

Hard to pick but Giants performance tops it for me. Bluebaggers probably have an excuse with injuries.
Pfft, what amateurs.

My mighty Roos are the golden standard for choking this year. We lost to the Pies after being nine goals in front. That’s how it’s done fellas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best choke of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back