Best Comedians

Remove this Banner Ad

"black comedians talk about being black too much and they always talk about the ghetto and they swear and they sometimes yell really loud"

Man, some of you guys are total pussies.

We're pussies b/c we don't find swearing and saying things loudly funny?:confused:

You can put a dress and lipstick on a pig, but it is still... a pig.:rolleyes:

Raw and Delirious are ridiculously overrated. Both very good viewing once or twice but that's about it. Hardly comedic masterpieces.

Im only rating in stand-up terms. Im not interested in the tv show types.

George Carlin(dead i know)
Dara O'Brainin(spl)
Ricky Gervais
Russell Peters
Jimoin
Chris Rock
Dave Chappelle
Pablo Fransisco(normally don't like the sound effects comedy but this guy is a gun)
Demetri Martin
Stephen K Amos

For anyone that hasn't watched Dave Chappelle, I strongly encourage you to watch:

My favourite part of Dave Chappelle's stand up is when the driver takes him to the hood:

"I said 'hey baby go home..hey baby go home man its 4 o clock in the mornin **** you doin on the street' and the baby's like '**** you fellow i got kids to feed' ".

When i first saw it I laughed for a good 10 minutes.

No one has mentioned Rich Hall/Otis Lee Crenshaw yet. Saw him live earlier this year and had tears running down my face and coughing up phlegm from laughing so hard.

Really like David O'Doherty and Ross Noble as well. Ross Noble is brilliant live - the last how I went to of his was like 2 and a half hours long of just him talking, he goes off on these tangents, its incredible.

Please show me where I've done this. Please.
Because you couldnt accept that someone doesnt find Chappelle amusing. If they dont, you assume its because of racism. Therefore, you are incapable of accepting another person's view of him (ie. as simply a limited comedian who's appeal is limited to black Americans and a few wiggas).

Limited to black stereotypes, yet the youtube video I posted proves this wrong.
All of Chappelle's main act is based on racial stereotypes. Watch Chappelle's Show and see how race tars everything he does- either sending up white people or black sterotypes. Just because he deviates once or twice doesnt mean he doesnt base his material, and the essential basis for his act, on his race.

BET being popular does not mean that everything appearing on it is politically correct.
Its the concept which is politically based. WET wouldnt last a day. The idea is that black comedians and black television are given their own protective bubble.

a) show me where I didn't accept other people's tastes
b) explain how the chappelle video I posted is limited to a black stereotype

Again, address these points, otherwise your argument = failed.
Ahh, I see. Typical BF response.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Comedians

Remove this Banner Ad

Back