Best concerts attended

Remove this Banner Ad

You dark horse, Kat. If you threw your duds at Matt Bellamy his audible sucking while moving away from the mic to breathe in (Zonday, 2007) would've captured them like the Death Star and tractor beamed them right into his suit pocket. lol wut

I'll see if I can get close enough to give it a try :eek: :D

great thread - some painful ones to read, like stooges @ BDO and nick cave @ thebbie, shows i could not attend due to money, or being overseas, or very unlucky clashes

can't make a top ten but here are some favorites of mine

opeth - thebarton april 06

AFI - thebarton november 06

frenzal rhomb / the larry arms / the brews - uni bar dec 06

deftones / thrice - thebarton march 07

the mars volta - thebarton march 07

amon amarth - fowlers jan 08

the vines / red riders / the silents - april 07

the cure - entertainment centre august 07

parkway drive / the warriors / her nightmare / no apologies - the gov oct 07

big day out 07 - the vines, dizzee rascal, mcr, tool ++

In no order:
Offspring - 95 bdo - when they were good - first bdo
RATM - 96 Bdo - biggest and most intense crowd surges at a bdo - ohh those were the days. F.U. barriers!
Spiderbait - early/mid 90s supporting silverchair adelaide uni, again when they were good. playing their punkish songs from their 1st album
Mark of Cain - various times, always tight and blew your ears apart.
Neil young - 09 bdo - genius
White stripes - thebby theatre
Kings of Leon - 04 bdo on a small side stage in the sunshine - felt like there were only 300 people watching
radiohead - entertainment centre - the only gig I have really enjoyed there

In around May of 1980, I saw Midnight Oil at the Tivoli Hotel.

It was the first time the Oils had been to Adelaide and I have never ever witnessed anything like it in my life nor will I ever again.

They came on and did two numbers straight off and when they completed the second song, I kid you not, the packed crowd just stood there, in total silence for at least 10 seconds, totally blown away by what they had just witnessed. Then, the crowd just erupted and didn't let up the whole night.

The universe changed that night for all that were there.

Worst I've seen was Radio Birdman at the Maryatville.
They did three or so songs whilst most of 'em spewed their guts up or passed out and the whole thing was enveloped in never ending feed back. They were carried off stage after that, never to re-appear.

In no order:
Offspring - 95 bdo - when they were good - first bdo
RATM - 96 Bdo - biggest and most intense crowd surges at a bdo - ohh those were the days. F.U. barriers!
Spiderbait - early/mid 90s supporting silverchair adelaide uni, again when they were good. playing their punkish songs from their 1st album
Mark of Cain - various times, always tight and blew your ears apart.
Neil young - 09 bdo - genius
White stripes - thebby theatre
Kings of Leon - 04 bdo on a small side stage in the sunshine - felt like there were only 300 people watching
radiohead - entertainment centre - the only gig I have really enjoyed there

So can we call you "Cortez the killer" ? ;)

Not into female singers but i saw Toni Childs the other week. She has one of the most powerful voices i have ever heard, male and female included.

Easily the best live concert i have heard.

Pearl Jam 97 at Thebby oval , Eddy Vedder is the 3rd gratest man of all time behind Tredders and Wanie. Can't wait for nov 17 PJ at Adelaide Oval, sweeet.
Foo fighters in 05, I think, when they were not going to come to adelaide but played a small show at Thebarton, my ears are still ringing.

Suzi Quatro in '74??? (Tho she didn't know it, she was my first love - so for that reason alone it made a memorable concert).
Alice Cooper in '77 (managed a little "action" with a fellow fan during/after:D)
Angels: Early stuff - always good
Chisel at Largs Pier. Much better than the Apollo Concert someone mentioned earlier
Clash - ?81 at Thebby.
Stray Cats in there somewhere too.
George Thorogood @ Thebby. Used to be brilliant live.
Buzzcocks last time in Brisbane. Looking forward to this time.
Stones last time - one of them "have to see" bands.

Biggest disappointment
Not having the balls to see Sex Pistols whilst in the UK in 70's. Then compounded mistake by going to Filthy Lucre tour:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Led Zeppelin memorial dive early seventies
Rolling Stones memorial Drive early seventies
Dead Kennedys .. Thebby early eighties
the Birthday Party .. the Shandon [ believe it or not ]
early eighties
the Cramps ... Thebby early eighties
Iggy Pop .. first Adelaide BDO at Adelaide uni
Living End at Wayville BDO's early 000's
Beastie Boys ... BDO early 000's
Metallica .... BDO mid 000's
Flipper ... Live on Light square 2009

1. Fooeys @ the Thebby 2005??
2. The Strokes @ BDO Mid 2000's
3. Metallica @ BDO Mid 2000's
4. Pearl Jam @ Ent Centre 2007ish
5. Ben Harper @ Ent Centre 2006-7?

Notable mentions: The Darkness, John Butler Trio, Silverchair,Frenzel Rhomb

Worst ever: Bob Dylan, last time he came out @ the Ent Centre- Was just awful, couldn't understand a word he said, looked disinterested, played unrecognisable reditions of his hits. Jerk.

Midnight Oil late (80's early 90's) - Oils Strike Now tour - Memorial Drive, there was even a lightning storm that night (Blue Sky Minning album cover)

Even though Midnight Oil were in decline (although not in popularity) That was a freaking awesome concert.

Some others:
INXS 1988 - Memeorial Drive
Pearl Jam 1995 - Memorial Drive
Faith No More 1997 - Brixton Academy
You Am I/ Supergrass 1998 Shepards Bush Empire
Rancid/Supergrass/Foo Fighters/Prodigy/Beastie Boys 1998 - Reading Festival
Page & Plant 1998 - Wembley Arena

Ive mentioned my favourites earlier in the thread.

As far as worst goes....probably the worst would have been Atari Teenage Riot at the BDO circa 2001? Man...it was just noise. No other word to describe it. All it was was feedback and 'snow' noise. Terrible.

Hole at the 99 BDO. Plays three songs. gets bitten. runs off stage. 15 minutes later, plays one more song. runs off stage again to a barrage of bottles. Hopeless.

In terms of electronic music, Jeff Mills at Stardust in 2002 was pretty poor. Trying to perform 3-deck detroit tech whilst visibly snorting bags of coke on stage....talk about a trainwreck.

Ive mentioned my favourites earlier in the thread.

As far as worst goes....probably the worst would have been Atari Teenage Riot at the BDO circa 2001? Man...it was just noise. No other word to describe it. All it was was feedback and 'snow' noise. Terrible.

Hole at the 99 BDO. Plays three songs. gets bitten. runs off stage. 15 minutes later, plays one more song. runs off stage again to a barrage of bottles. Hopeless.

In terms of electronic music, Jeff Mills at Stardust in 2002 was pretty poor. Trying to perform 3-deck detroit tech whilst visibly snorting bags of coke on stage....talk about a trainwreck.

yep - shocking :thumbsdown:

Best concerts that I have seen .
1] Status Quo / Black Sabbath 1972 .
2] Staus Quo 1974
3] Paul McCartney 1993
4] George Throrogood 1982
5] T Rex 1973

Remove this Banner Ad

Best concerts attended

Remove this Banner Ad

Back