Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
Don't think this has been done yet... In the same vein as the best sporting events attended. Great to look back on. Individual acts at BDOs and other festivals allowed ;) Won't go into much detail right now.

1. Arctic Monkeys @ Thebby, 2006
2. Green Day @ Ent Cent, 2005
3. Cody Chesnutt @ Adelaide UniBar, 2004
4. Jurassic 5 @ Thebby, 2003
5. Shihad @ Big Day Out, 2006
6. Kanye West @ Thebby, 2006
7. Poly & the Statics "Chainsaw" EP Launch @ Jade Monkey, 2005
8. Muse @ Big Day Out, 2004
9. Sparta @ Big Day Out, 2003
10. Hilltop Hoods @ Big Day Out, 2004

Still a stack of bands I need to see before I/they die.

Don't think this has been done yet... In the same vein as the best sporting events attended. Great to look back on. Individual acts at BDOs and other festivals allowed ;) Won't go into much detail right now.

1. Arctic Monkeys @ Thebby, 2006
2. Green Day @ Ent Cent, 2005
3. Cody Chesnutt @ Adelaide UniBar, 2004
4. Jurassic 5 @ Thebby, 2003
5. Shihad @ Big Day Out, 2006
6. Kanye West @ Thebby, 2006
7. Poly & the Statics "Chainsaw" EP Launch @ Jade Monkey, 2005
8. Muse @ Big Day Out, 2004
9. Sparta @ Big Day Out, 2003
10. Hilltop Hoods @ Big Day Out, 2004

Still a stack of bands I need to see before I/they die.

who???? - must be my age - only heard of number 10! :)

Hard to rank but give it a go
1: Karnivool- Adelaide Uni bar a few months back, really take it to another level live. If you ever get the chance (and you will) take it.
2: COG- HQ a few months back, ******** venue worse crowd but I love COG so damn much it was great.
3: Velvet Revolver- Thebby at the start of 05 (I think). Was great atmosphere and seeing Slash ripping about 5 metres away is a sight worth seeing. Ripping out the tophat got me most excited.
4: Zakk Wylde and The Black Label society was pretty good, ******** crowd though.
5: G3-06, had heard about 3 songs from 2 of the guys playing but was blown away by the gig. Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, they know how to do a show alright. Was only 2 nights ago, best of all I got free tickets!
6: Probably the Testeagles 99 but I was damn young then and can't really remember it.
7: Grinspoon at the Clipsal this year was a pleasant surprise, really don't like em much since the Guide/Easy era but they did a great gig breaking out many classics. I'd go see em again even though I only own the pushing buttons EP these days. COG at the Clipsal were also kick ass but too short, time limits suck.

I hate to admit that I haven't been to that many other gigs, just some live local stuff (I like Double Handed, check em out). Something I'm strongly trying to rectify.

I'm strongly expecting MUSE and TOOL to take 3+4 at the BDO next year, possibly even 1 and 2 but it would be tough.

hmm, gotta get the old thinking cap on with this one

1: The Prodigy @ Thebby 1998
2: LTJ Bukem @ Traffic 2004
3: Wheres The Pope? @ Enigma 2005
4: James Holden @ Skylab 2003
5: Lucien Foort @ Two Tribes 2004
6: The Prodigy @ Two Tribes 2005
7: Fear Factory @ Thebby 2001
8: Slayer/Machine Head @ Thebby 2001
9: LTJ Bukem @ Rush 2002
10: EZ Rollers @ Enchanted 2002
11: Jurassic 5 @ Thebby 2003
12: Ugly Ducklings @ Minke 2003

The Police@Memorial Drive 1979 I think
U2 and BB King @ Rod Laver approx 1989
Powderfinger @ Rod Laver 2003
Tom Petty/Bob Dylan @ Memorial Drive 1983
Cold Chisel @ Adelaide Uni 1983
Muse @ Thebby 2004
Live @ Thebby 2004
Bernard Fanning @ Her Majesty's 2006
Eskimo Joe @ Thebby 2004
JBT @ Thebby 2004

Worst "concert" I ever saw was Mental as Anything in Mt Gambier in the 1980's. They were pissed as......and had NFI where they were and what they were doing. Even Barnesy at his worst could still perform while under the influence.....

Rolling Stones 19? at Memorial Drive
The Beatles 1964? Wayville showgrounds
The Masters Octagon theatre 1968
The Twilights Big Daddys / The Calledonian Hall King William Street
Cold Chisel many late nights at the Pooraka and the Largs Pier
Credence Clearwater Revival ? 197
Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs Sunbury 197?

I am getting a little old and my memory for exact dates is gone, but the best of all was ? I will think on it some more, as I am off to see Eric Clapton in February

I will go in to bat for the over 50's:

Elton John - with the MSO at Footy Park was the best of the 9 times I've seen him - including last night.

The Eagles - at Apollo Stadium - at their peak - fantastic.

Dire Straits - at Festival Theatre - on their way to the top.

Billy Joel - in the late 70's (I think) at Thebby Theatre

Little River Band, Charlie Daniels Band and Australian Crawl - at Memorial Drive for Australia Day - it was over 40c during the day and absolutely poured during the concert.

Jackson Browne - at Festival Theatre

Van Morrison - in England - my ultimate because of the difficulty in getting to see him play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The body of their work says that the hype was justified, In truth I was a Stones fan really but you had to go to the concert, I cannot remember what I paid but it was affordable and reasonable for the times, if it had been outrageous I would not have able to go.

The worst concerts I ever saw were at Footy Park. The accoustics were just terrible for both Dire Straits and Phil Collins. Would be interested on the thoughts of more recent attendees of concerts at AAMI as to whether this has improved at all.

Doubt that most who went to Robbie Williams went for the music though :)

The worst concerts I ever saw were at Footy Park. The accoustics were just terrible for both Dire Straits and Phil Collins. Would be interested on the thoughts of more recent attendees of concerts at AAMI as to whether this has improved at all.

Doubt that most who went to Robbie Williams went for the music though :)

I saw Dire Straits and ELO at Footy Park and they were not good concerts for the reason you mentioned, as well as the thousands that go who just can't sit in the one spot for 2 hours - that gives me the heebie geebies.

That said, at Footy Park if you are up close you do not get sound problems - I found this at the Elton John concert with the MSO in the 80's.

Saw Elton John on Saturday and he was fantastic. No bells and whistles...just him and his band playing all his classics.

Of all the older concerts ive been to (early 90s), Dire Straits was great in 91. Phil Collins was awesome in about 93ish. Billy Joel and Elton were great together in about 98. Even saw Roxette in 91 just after they really hit the big time.

Just 3 to start with and I'll add more on the weekend......just got to get the grey matter ticking over as I'm sure I'll be able to add at least 20+ shows to the following.........

The best being Ben Harper headlining the East Coast Roots and Blues Festival at Byron Bay in 2001 followed by Pink Floyd at Thebby Oval and AC/DC at Globe Derby the week after..............

The performance by Ben Harper on the second to last and last night of the festival was the best concert musically I've ever seen whilst the Pink Floyd show was the best overall show by a long way.

The festival at Byron Bay over Easter in 2001 is also the best music festival I've ever been to given it opened myself up to plenty of new musicians I'd never heard before as well as getting to see some old favourites.

Saw Elton John on Saturday and he was fantastic. No bells and whistles...just him and his band playing all his classics.

Of all the older concerts ive been to (early 90s), Dire Straits was great in 91. Phil Collins was awesome in about 93ish. Billy Joel and Elton were great together in about 98. Even saw Roxette in 91 just after they really hit the big time.

Billy Joel was by far the better performer, blew the audience away IMHO

hmm, gotta get the old thinking cap on with this one

1: The Prodigy @ Thebby 1998
2: LTJ Bukem @ Traffic 2004
3: Wheres The Pope? @ Enigma 2005
4: James Holden @ Skylab 2003
5: Lucien Foort @ Two Tribes 2004
6: The Prodigy @ Two Tribes 2005
7: Fear Factory @ Thebby 2001
8: Slayer/Machine Head @ Thebby 2001
9: LTJ Bukem @ Rush 2002
10: EZ Rollers @ Enchanted 2002
11: Jurassic 5 @ Thebby 2003
12: Ugly Ducklings @ Minke 2003

I am indeed honored.

U2 and Robbie this year were great and Pearl Jam in 97 was awesome at thebarton oval. Except the greeks ran out of booze halfway thru the concert !! not that i was allowed to drink then anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best concerts attended

Remove this Banner Ad

Back