Best doggies games as a fan

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you go to the Elimination Final in 2016?
Sorry DRU we were overseas for the first 2 finals in 2016 listening on the cruise ship b/w Budapest and Amsterdam.
Arrived back.in Perth to take the train to Kalgoorlie for their cup.
Watched the first 1/4 against gws taking in Eastons mark in the motel rooms telly.
Raced to the pub with 3 other couples to watch the remaining 90mins in the pub.
Finally , train back to Perth for Monday and booked 2 flights for my son and I regardless of whether we got tickets or missed out.
Luckily enough as club members and social club members we were amongst the 99,981 at the G.
One of life's highlights RWB winning GF before it was too latešŸ‘.
Cheers
Stephen

Last edited:

Round 18 2005 , Doggies vs Brisbane on a Saturday night under the lights at Docklands.

Dogs 151 - Lions 123.

We were building up again after the disastrous Rohde years under Eade, but these game made it feel like we arriving . Brisbane were the three peat premiers. They were the team to beat.

There were less than two goals in at three quarter time, until the Dogs kicked away with a blistering 9 goals in the last. Great game of footy. Fabulous atmosphere. I invaded the cheer squad in the last but got told off for drinking .

Johnno 27 disposals, 12 marks, 5 goals. 0 behinds. Is he underrated ? A lot of neutrals wouldn't put him in their top twenty players of thst era. I don't care , he was amazing.

The two games against Geelong that were decided by under a kick in 2007(?) were brilliant each way

Round 18 2005 , Doggies vs Brisbane on a Saturday night under the lights at Docklands.

Dogs 151 - Lions 123.

We were building up again after the disastrous Rohde years under Eade, but these game made it feel like we arriving . Brisbane were the three peat premiers. They were the team to beat.

There were less than two goals in at three quarter time, until the Dogs kicked away with a blistering 9 goals in the last. Great game of footy. Fabulous atmosphere. I invaded the cheer squad in the last but got told off for drinking .

Johnno 27 disposals, 12 marks, 5 goals. 0 behinds. Is he underrated ? A lot of neutrals wouldn't put him in their top twenty players of thst era. I don't care , he was amazing.
Two 9 goal quarters, as I recall - 2nd and last. Huge!

That was also the night of Matty Robbins' one handed screamer, over Chris Johnson I think.
Brought the house down!

Two 9 goal quarters, as I recall - 2nd and last. Huge!

That was also the night of Matty Robbins' one handed screamer, over Chris Johnson I think.
Brought the house down!
How that mark didn't win mark of the year, I'll never know. Peak Robbins. I remember leaping out of my seat when he took it

Rd 1 2016 against Freo needs a mention. It confirmed 2015 wasnā€™t a one off and there was something special brewing. Crows game at Marvel earlier that same year was pretty good too. Genuine shootout with us finishing with Bont kicking a huge sealer from outside 50.
I reckon the game we lost against the Hawks in round 3 (?) when Murphy did his knee was when i knew we were the real deal. The reigning 3x premier needed the last roll of the dice and somewhat arsey mark to beat us.

Outside of the obvious (2016 PF and GF, 2021 SF and PF), i reckon the 21 consectutive goals against Essendon was just pure joy. Couldnt happen against a better bunch.

Rd 8 2005 against the Roos, the day we unleashed both Tim Walsh and Cameron Wight on the AFL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of great games in here. The games in the 2016 finals would be hard to beat, underdogs in all 4.
The Brisbane final of 2021 & Port final of 2021 have to be up there as well.

I reckon the game we lost against the Hawks in round 3 (?) when Murphy did his knee was when i knew we were the real deal. The reigning 3x premier needed the last roll of the dice and somewhat arsey mark to beat us.

Outside of the obvious (2016 PF and GF, 2021 SF and PF), i reckon the 21 consectutive goals against Essendon was just pure joy. Couldnt happen against a better bunch.
Agreed. I felt strangely happy after that loss. Silk Burgoyne went nuts and saved them but you could see our players becoming the team they wanted to be.

Anyone else find that nickname faintly cringe? I donā€™t think I could bring myself to call him that to his face.
It's fine and appropriate.

Remember the winning goal against Geelong in the 2013 PF? Thank God he kicked that. Imagine Geelong winning another flag. Stuff of nightmares.

P.S. That goal broke the Kennet curse.

I enjoyed that final years ago when Brodie Holland knocked out one of ours. I think it was Monty??

Pies fans were so cocky that day at the G.

It was Monty. Knocked out cold at the opening bounce, came back and kicked 4.

Canā€™t do that these days, worlds gone soft

It was Monty. Knocked out cold at the opening bounce, came back and kicked 4.

Canā€™t do that these days, worlds gone soft

Collingwood fans streamed out at 3/4 time, and took out their anger by pushing over a food fan.

It was great being in a bay entirely filled with Doggies supporters to the right of the Collingwood faithful. We really gave it to then as they departed šŸ˜ƒ

Collingwood fans streamed out at 3/4 time, and took out their anger by pushing over a food fan.

It was great being in a bay entirely filled with Doggies supporters to the right of the Collingwood faithful. We really gave it to then as they departed šŸ˜ƒ

I went with a family of Pies supporters. Nearly got my head punched in on several occasions due to wearing a doggies jumper and it was a very quiet trip home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best doggies games as a fan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back