Best event to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

There are the obvious events like swimming and the athletics which are fun to watch, but I'm really enjoying watching the Team Volleyball. They had a really entertaining game last night between the US and Japanese women's teams. The US team had the power but the Japanese team were scrambling after everything.

I also enjoy watching the weight lifting for some unknown reason.

What are your favourites?

Agreed, I like the weightlifting, I only see it once every 4 years so I enjoy it when I see it, especially when someone is going for a nutzo record. Me being a basketball person, I like the Basketball, most of the track events, the spirts anyway. 100, 200 400 and 800m. Swimming I don't mind, Pole Vault, because I like seeing the occasional hot chick handle a pole.

I would say the track cycling and the swimming.
Those 2 are my second favourites behind the equestrian events of course.

The gymnastics is alright, insane shit some of the stuff they do. Wonder if they'll get the height of the horse vault right this year, unlike last olympics when everyone was eating shit.

I love watching everything, but especially like watching the sports that are tactical events, like the Road Race and indoor cycling, long distance running etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are the obvious events like swimming and the athletics which are fun to watch, but I'm really enjoying watching the Team Volleyball. They had a really entertaining game last night between the US and Japanese women's teams. The US team had the power but the Japanese team were scrambling after everything.

I also enjoy watching the weight lifting for some unknown reason.

What are your favourites?

Agree with both, don't get see much volleyball on TV but I think works really well on TV. Went to the weightlifting at the Commonwealth Games (tickets were cheap and it was a chance to see something different) and really enjoyed it.

The mens gymnastics. It's freakish what they can do. They're so strong but then again they're so nimble and can just do things people shouldn't be able to do.

Again I agree wholeheartedly, those guys have to be incredibly strong and incredibly flexible. Have no interest in the girls. I'll pass on watching emaciated tweens doing flips & balancing on beams.

Don't care much for the floor routine but love doing a "Roy & H.G." style commentary

"Spinning date, spinning date, oh now a party date - closing the door with a "hello boys"!" Actually bring on the floor routine :p

I also watched that volleyball game last night. How long were some of those rallies!! Cant believe the ball didnt hit the ground during some of those. Great entertainment.

Other than athletics and swimming, id have to say the sprint cycling. That commentator whose name i forget "Phill Liggert" i think, adds so much to the sport.

Not so much my favourites to watch, but the ones that become more than background noise.

Unisex:

Weightlifting
Indoor volleyball

Male:

Basketball
Track cycling
Gymnastics (Pommel horse and floor excluded)
100m sprint final (don't really care for it, but it's a bit like the Melbourne cup - you just watch it)

For some reason I'm also looking forward to some table tennis, I've never really watched it previously but the speed at which they play is just freakish.

Track Cycling is a highlight for me, also like the racquet sports, bar tennis (any other time but the Olympics I love it though)

And European Handball is just insane, and every 4 years in the only time its on TV!

I like soccer,hockey,basketball,handball and i have grown a liking for volleyball, I was watching Serbia Vs Russia today in the volleyball and it was good how they fired themselves up for every point and there was a great rally in which a guy basically had to run way outside court to get the ball back in play, great stuff.

Theres plenty I like, equestrian, gymnastics (esp the floor), swimming (only the finals), Athletics (mostly the shorter events, ie 100m, 200m, 400m and events like long jump, high jump, pole vaulting), indoor cycling and thats about it for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best event to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back