Best Ground of all APS schools?

Remove this Banner Ad

well mate as for the footy cup- we won it in 1996 i think

as for a unsuccesful school, we along with scotch have dominated rugby for as long as i can remember

and not to mention we won the athletics, after caulfields massive reign
congratulations mate you can win a sport which noone in this state even cares about..and you had a fluke year of athletics big deal..

Re: Caulfield WH

Why do you say CGS Wheelers Hill is so good to play on.
Isn't it in a rainbelt over there near the old Waverly ground?

Is it a big oval? What's the surface like?
I've heard its bad to watch games at because it is raised in the centre and then drops away so you can't see the other side of the ground.

If it's so good, why haven't they played there more instead of Glen Iris?

I've heard its bad to watch games at because it is raised in the centre and then drops away so you can't see the other side of the ground.

It has been out of action almost the last 2 seasons as it was being redone, hence why more games have been played at Caulfield Campus.
The new surface is absolutely fantastic, smooth and even, nice and firm. Just lovely to play on. It is rather big too.
It certainly has a raised centre, but it really has no effect on the game, and in terms of watching it I have no idea I have never really watch a game there.

fully agreed with specialedition....he is 100% spot on
it was the only oval in VIC that was looking decent in the middle of summer,
even the council thought they where watering it....which is not true, its all to do with the grass and how much care has been taken to make it such a great oval....it is HUGEEEE

Todd Rd just has to be down the bottom of the list. Seriously couldn't have picked a worse spot to put an oval, gale forced winds everyday, if that was built somewhere more suitable it would be my fav.

this is rude comparing grounds like cgs wheelers hil to carey main oval in bulleen.
carey is actually that much better.
seeing brayden daglish stride across the 40M ark with the ball just doing a lovely job clearing it out of defence is a thing to marvel.
or even if they are just playing posession footy in the back line its beautiful. every blade of grass is there for a reason.
scotch also has a nice oval but still not quite up there with carey.
great field. resembles the g in many ways.
Ben pocklington had a great game week one kicking 5 goals in the first half and just got given a break in the second half so sve injury. great work benny

Unfortunately Carey's main doesn't cope with hard rain well.
played on it a few times when wet and it gets very patchy.
Swampy in some spots - spongy in others. Drainage is an issue.

Yeh gotta agree with that, and the cricket pitch was hard as a rock when I last played.
Seems the concensus is on CGS WH being the best oval in the comp. Lovely. Go wheelers.

this is rude comparing grounds like cgs wheelers hil to carey main oval in bulleen.
carey is actually that much better.
seeing brayden daglish stride across the 40M ark with the ball just doing a lovely job clearing it out of defence is a thing to marvel.
or even if they are just playing posession footy in the back line its beautiful. every blade of grass is there for a reason.
scotch also has a nice oval but still not quite up there with carey.
great field. resembles the g in many ways.
Ben pocklington had a great game week one kicking 5 goals in the first half and just got given a break in the second half so sve injury. great work benny
where talking about grounds mate...not players, wrong thread dropk***!!
players have nothing to do with this thread so go somewhere else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cgs wheelers hill = domination of all grounds.
any xavs 1sts/2nds care to comment on a scale of 1-10 how awesome it is? 1 being very awesome, 10 being perfect-a-awesome.

where talking about grounds mate...not players, wrong thread dropk***!!
players have nothing to do with this thread so go somewhere else
absolutely moronic statement u stupid person
i clearly metnioned grounds in my post.
just happened to mention a beuatiful sight and recognise 1 player that goes under everyones radar
u r an absolutem moron

absolutely moronic statement u stupid person
i clearly metnioned grounds in my post.
just happened to mention a beuatiful sight and recognise 1 player that goes under everyones radar
u r an absolutem moron
yes...my point, tell someone who cares
a player (yes one) has nothing to do with the condision of the ground...
stupid kid....
so what if you bring up grounds, woopteee do...you set down some great evidence...pffffffftt

Would have be a two horse race between carey and xavier. The Wheelers Hill ground was a tad disappointing but with the drought it is to be expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Ground of all APS schools?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back