Best Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. If he plays needs to apply pressure regardless of his position. We have had too many soft players play in the navy blue in recent times

Yes, and even though most of them are still in the side, and Ryan has more skills than them all, lets leave him out to make a point :rolleyes:

Dropping one soft player, for another soft player with better skills = a better team believe it or not.

i hope guys hoping to come into this side find it tough to back in, houlihan could probably come back in for scotland i would hope but will probably be for grigg or armfield/browne. Which is kinda frustrating to see because a lot has happened this year, the team isnt a massive tackling side yet but is getting much better at it and the guys doing the tackling look like the guys that might depart the side for the "more experienced".

Good idea, lets take one sentence from a post and twist its meaning to make the argument seem ilogical, while ignoring the rest :rolleyes:

The argument has been made that he is unaccountable, and that he does not provide pressure. If that is his traits, then yes, the forward line is best suited for him to ensure that they do not have too negative an effect.

Like it or not, not every player provides pressure, not every player is accountable. If this is the case, you hope they work on it, and have damn good skills - Ryan does.

Tell me you haven't cringed many times this year, no scrap that, tell me you didn't cringe at our forwardline structure at times last Sunday. Fev is our forward, Fish is our lead up option, Eddie is our crumber, and Kruezer/Cloke appears to be our rotating third option. We are screaming out for a HFF with silky skills...wait, whats that, we have one?

In successful teams all players are accountable.

Yes, and even though most of them are still in the side, and Ryan has more skills than them all, lets leave him out to make a point :rolleyes:

Dropping one soft player, for another soft player with better skills = a better team believe it or not.

Please name the soft players for Geelong, Collingwood or Bullies.

Hawthorn have Young but at least he is prepared to chase and tackle.

In successful teams all players are accountable.

Of course they are :rolleyes:

Please name the soft players for Geelong, Collingwood or Bullies.

Hawthorn have Young but at least he is prepared to chase and tackle.

Ok Steve, clearly you have my measure. You have logically proved that we should not have Houlihan as top teams don't have unaccountable and soft players. Good argument to not have skillful players in the side :thumbsu::rolleyes:

Only 4/12 would start with Setanta on the field, me being 1. i genuinely feel that he has a bright future @ CHB. I'm obviously in a minority though !!
I agree, Setanta should be on the field in our best 22. Has some mongrel and can't question his committment. His skills have improved markedly and he is strong in one on one contests. Doesn't read the play and use the ball as well as T-Bird but is better one on one. Leave him, t-bird, waite, jammo together and let them build like Adelaide's backs and Geelong's.

B Hadley Jamieson Thornton
HB Bower, O'Hailpin, Walker
C Simpson, Stevens, Scotland
HF Gibbs, Waite, Fisher
F Betts, Fevola, Kruezer

Foll Cloke, Judd, Murphy

Int Carrazo, Bentick, Houlihan, Bannister

Em Grigg, Russel, Hampson, Armfield, Browne, Pfeiffer, Wiggins

This is the team I would like to see. Have always wanted Waite up forward, and Setanta has shown he is equal to the task in recent weeks down back. Also believe Hadley would be quite clearly in our best run-on side.

Pretty sure that Armfield, Browne and Grigg will be demanding positions in that team in the near future...seems the list is developing a little depth before our very eyes!

Only 4/12 would start with Setanta on the field, me being 1. i genuinely feel that he has a bright future @ CHB. I'm obviously in a minority though !!

I agree, great value as the third tall, Jamison and Waite as the 1st and second tall.

I can see O'hAlpin as being a player who can play on the tall really strong gorillas for us, I'd love to see him get a crack at Franklin...

B: Carrazzo Setanta Jamison
HB: Walker Waite T-Bird
C: Scotland Bentick<> Simpson
HF: Stevens# Fevola Murphy*
F: Betts Kreuzer Fisher
R: Cloke Judd# Gibbs*

INT: Hampson Houlihan Pfeiffer<> Armfield

EMER: Grigg Russell Browne

I truly believe that if we move Fev to CHF we will benefit greatly. Play Fev from about 30 out and Kreuzer in behind him. Fev can kick the ball about 80m so let him out further and have Kreuzer as the tall option like Tippett does for Adelaide and Westhoff for Port. Swap Judd and Stevens on ball and Gibbs/Murphy. Run Bentick and Pfeiffer off the bench through the middle for some hard grunt and leave the back six unchanged as much as possible.

Carazzo Jamison Bower
Walker Waite Thornton
Gibbs Stevens Scotland
Wiggins Fisher Hadley
Betts Fevola Kruezer

Rucks: Hampson Judd Murphy

Int: Cloke, Armfield, Grigg, Bentick

Emerg: Simpson (on current form), Houlihan, Bannister

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back