Best Midfield of 2000s

Which team had the best midfield?

• Brisbane c. 2002

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong c. 2009

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett is better than Voss was IMO. Voss was tougher, but Ablett is phenominal, and is the best midfielder I have ever seen.

I think Ablett has gone by Judd to be the best mid in the business in today's game but both at the peak of there powers, Judd outshines Ablett.

You take Judd back to 03-06, he was simply ridiculous. Judd would hurt a team more with 20 touches than Ablett could do in 40. When Judd went to Brisbane at the GABBA and tore to shreds the best team in the country and kicked 5 goals in the first half. It was just ridiculous.

Chris Judd at the peak of his powers, was the best midfielder I have ever seen.

Cousins made Judd look better then he was. Saddest thing ever is how Cousins career went downhill. Hardest runner and one of the best ever.

It's crushing for us WC fans. We idolised Cousins and he truly is one of the modern day greats of football. He was ******edly good and had he played in Melbourne, he would have been revered.

Really sad how it all ended for Cuz at WC. At his best can be talked about with just about any midfielder in the games history and not look out of place. I hope he has a good year at Richmond.

As for who had the best midfield??

Geelong and Brisbane won flags and plenty of games because they had terrific teams, from the front to the back. We won a flag, plenty of games and made back to back GF's on the back of our midfield. It's as simple as that. Cox, Cousins, Judd, Kerr, Embley, Fletcher and Braun were unstoppable.

I went WCE-Brisbane-Geelong, although there isn't much at all between them. I just think that the eagles would've got no where near the success they had if they didnt have that midfield.

It completely carried them. We saw them fall apart after Judd and Cousins left, and in those sides that were getting belted they still had 16-17 premiership players.

Goals.

And in the last 3 years, Judd has kicked 47 goals, which is pretty damn useful for a top class midfielder.

But Ablett has kicked 83. So while he might get plenty of possessions in the middle and backline, he does plenty of damage up forward too.

Juddy kicked 117.88 from 03-07, the period this refers to.

Chris Judd from his debut until his groin troubles was the best, most dynamic midfielder I have ever seen. Taking absolutely nothing away from Ablett who is a champion but Juddy used to do simply jaw dropping things each week. Right now we debate whether Ablett, Riewoldt or Brown are the best in the game, back then there was only one standout, Judd.

No bias.
Brisbane >>> Daylight > WC/Geelong

But seriously WCE's starting 4 (Cox, Cousins, Kerr, Judd) is unbeatable.

WC > BL > Geel
Not that Geelong's midfield are bad, they just aren't as good as the others.

Campbell Mitchell Sewell Crawford Bateman Young
notsure-1.jpg

Ablett is better than Voss was IMO. Voss was tougher, but Ablett is phenominal, and is the best midfielder I have ever seen.

your opinion is based around your support of geelong.

IMO voss and carey are the 2 best footballers i have ever seen.
g ablett jnr, hird and cousins not too far behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Midfield of 2000s

Back