best onballer of the last 10 years in all geelong leagues

Remove this Banner Ad

my opinion is ricky o'toole from newcomb

wats every1 else's
Gee what a tough question, but I agree for consistency Ricky O'Toole gets my vote over Fopiaini because of his ability to kick big bags of goals and take a strong grab. He has been a gun at St Josephs, Corio and still dominating now down at newcomb. I watch him as a 15 year old in St Josephs seniors kick 9 goals against St Albans you will be hard pressed to see an effort from a kid like that again, and he is on track to be the first player to win the league medal in all leagues. Frank Fopiani is a close second he has been a genious for many years and still oozes class both guys doing this even when getting heavily tagged week in week out.

my opinion is ricky o'toole from newcomb

wats every1 else's
another two are aaron langsworth and paul lynch who both played for portarlington a couple of years back, lynch played against torquay once with a broken right foot the week before and plyed the next game and kicked 5 on his left

another two are aaron langsworth and paul lynch who both played for portarlington a couple of years back, lynch played against torquay once with a broken right foot the week before and plyed the next game and kicked 5 on his left
Fopiani gets my vote, as he was the best for such a long period of time in the best comp. Another 2 to consider, who wouldnt get much thought are Jeremy Dyer from GWSP and Jason Armistead from Sth Barwon. Armistead has won b&f's at Colac and 2 or 3 at Sth in a good team. Dyer is a freak, who if in a better team would be regarded as the best in the comp. Has been getting tagged each week for the last 4 years but still keeps getting 35 quality possessions a week. Unlike some who get a lot of the ball, Dyer kicks long and always hits a target.
Tough thread though, all listed so far are quality players, although wouldnt quite have Langsworth in the same league as the others

Do they have to have played all 10 years?

If not...how about Tony Brown for a start...Matty Bruhn was a gun at Grovedale, Andrew Merriman's been very good...as has Adam Cook.

If you go back to 1997/8...well Keasty was playing some ripper footy...Fopiani's just a legend.

O'Toole produced consistently...

There are more...we could be here all day...

yer ricky o'toole wins my vote.

But of all time would have to be ron watt back at the days of north shore
or even nathan lewis when he didnt fight.

Damien Clark played in all of Groves premierships when they won like 8 out of 10 or whatever it was. pretty impressive.
very good question though, so many guns running around in all leagues.

Haven't seen alot of geelong footy, but before injuries cut him down, Scott Faulkner was the best first use player i had seen anywhere outside of the AFL. He was Sam Mitchell's prototype, just wasn't as dedicated and was hampered with injuries from the age of 21 onwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Toole certainly amongst the top echelon but for sheer class, use of the footy and game domination, it is very hard to go past Tony Brown. Honourable Mentions to Jimmy Cail, Harrington, M Corrigan, Tyson Hay, Bruhn, Christian Shaw, Danny O'Brien.

Ricky O'Toole would be the best footballer going around all the leagues over the last 10 years, he will win this years BFL best and fairest by a mile.

probably dat guy for west cheetahs........ luke forster (runs the midfield)

but also mayb nathan lewis plays footy like it shud b played makes the GDFL standard betta

Ricky O'Toole would be the best footballer going around all the leagues over the last 10 years, he will win this years BFL best and fairest by a mile.
I agree tommy ricky is a gun footballer but i have watched and been a part of at least 6 games against corio when ricky and jay fastuca went head to head and from memory i think he beat fastuca once, so if rickys up there so is fastuca

I agree tommy ricky is a gun footballer but i have watched and been a part of at least 6 games against corio when ricky and jay fastuca went head to head and from memory i think he beat fastuca once, so if rickys up there so is fastuca

Cant Put Fastuca in the league of the blokes on this thread, please

1. He has not excelled outside of the Gdfl been the big fish in the little sea and always been in good sides.

2. One of the most selfish footballers ive ever seen, all about him never handballs to team mates, has shots from anywhere, you have played with him whipper im sure he has frustrated hell out of you, ive seen it from his team mates everytime i have played against him.

He is a very good player in gdfl not to be even mentioned in the same breath as a few of these blokes surely.

1. He has not excelled outside of the Gdfl been the big fish in the little sea and always been in good sides.

2. One of the most selfish footballers ive ever seen, all about him never handballs to team mates, has shots from anywhere, you have played with him whipper im sure he has frustrated hell out of you, ive seen it from his team mates everytime i have played against him.

He is a very good player in gdfl not to be even mentioned in the same breath as a few of these blokes surely.
Didnt say he was agood as all of those guys just said that he has gone head to head with ricky and very rarely got beaten thats all i was saying. By your comments he has obviously smashed you blokes a couple of times

I've played with Fastuca and I wouldn't call him a selfish player at all. Arrogant but definitely not selfish. In fact there wasn't a better team player going around at centrals.

Remove this Banner Ad

best onballer of the last 10 years in all geelong leagues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back