Racing Best roughies of the day

Remove this Banner Ad

Scone

R4- Ashtomina $21/$5.70

Was good to me last start but that's not the reason I'm backing it again, I was impressed with its win and is way over the odds here.

R7- Full of Spirit $16/$4.80

Peter Moody mare that should be ready to fire 3rd up at a suitable distance.

Full of Spirit a decent bet, I agree. Personally going with Rowie ($17/$4.60) though. Can bounce back from the mess last start, was going very nicely prior to that, 1600 suits.

Full of Spirit placing and Midnight Express winning at $13.30 best tote has made it a nice little 30 minutes.

Ipswich

R8- He's a Rebel $19/$4.80

Scone

R8- Shazza's Bubbles $10/$3.90

I like Slow Pace ($17 and $4.40) in the Doomben Cup today, race 7.

Tough race with some horses in great form but this guy ran Penglai Pavillion and Tres Blue to 0.3l in a French G2 over 2500m last August. I expect he'll be on speed or very close, and will give a good kick. Some value I think at the price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagle Farm
r1 DIENEKES $15/$4 - Got going late last start and has won at this distance & beyond. Open race.
r4 LA TIKKA ROSA $13/$4 - Never in it last start three wide the trip but prior run was superb, difficult barrier again but Boss is aboard this time. Fittest in the race.
r5 TYPHOON RED $16/$4 - Excellent strike rate, tough trip last start at G3 level but this looks much easier.
r6 JAZZ SONG $18/$5 - Loved it's 2nd behind Miracles Of Life two starts back in the Sportingbet, then ran a respectable 5th behind the most in-form horse in Australia at present. Distance is a query but it'll be competitive. Also don't mind Sir Moments ($15/$4) who has been getting back and storming home late - gets the extra distance he's been looking for here.
r7 STAR FASHION $17/$4 - Only won once at 1400 but it's form has been impeccable since stepping up in trip. Should've won the G1 Oaks in Adelaide 2 starts back and then just missed again last start over the same t/d. Extra 400m looking as though it will suit.
One I will be keeping an eye on is Execute At Dawn - stepped up to 2100 last start (albeit in a much weaker field) and romped it in. This is a whole different level but it's quick turnaround in form since jumping to this distance range has been incredible. At $101/$25 I'll go each way.

Sandown
r1 NO ANSWER $15/$4
r4 MAYTHEHORSEBEMAGIC $19/$4
r6 SPUN DRY $16/$4
r7 BASE 24/$6

Morphettville
r2 AMALGAMATE $16/$4
r6 IL DIECI $20/$4
r7 GRAND GROUP $28/$7
r8 SCHADAW $16/$4

Sandown

R4 - Valediction $15