H/F: P.WILLIAMS T.CLOKE TARRANT
F: DIDAK S.ROCCA DAICOS
FOLL: MONKURST McGUANE T.SHAW

INTER: BURNS LICURIA S.RUSSELL THOMAS

CLEMENT- best backman the club has ever had

PERT- all time great full backs always reliable

S.MORWOOD-premiership player. the general a slower clement never did much wrong

CROSISCA-premiership player. great tackler thumping kick always gave his best

C.KELLY-premiership player tough as nails took on the greatest full forwards lockett dunstall

H.SHAW- only young but will be one of the greats of the club gutsy and quick

BROWN-premiership player.captain 5 years copeland trophy winner. all aust. EJ Whitten medal twice true legend most courageous I have seen play fearless

BUCKLEY- the greatest of all time

MILLANE-premiership player. raging bull, complete footballer strong quick great mark great kick the ultimate player

P.WILLAIMS- would have won the 2 flags if he stayed exciting forward and on the ball super fast and great finish for goal when rocca and buckley fired willo would kick his 3-5 goals and have 30 toches

T.CLOKE- great year plays CHF superbly with a copeland to show has huge potential and will win games off his own boot in years to come. no need to worry about the wonky kicking he is still young and will become a superstar

TARRANT- very quick on a lead and work rate very high covers a lot of ground nice mark some memorable grabs winning goal after the siren a match no magpie supporter will forget.

DIDAK- copeland winner, freak around the goals has kicked some great goals in such a short career potential to be one of the greats of collingwood

S.ROCCA- great contested marker and one of the most beautiful kicks of the fotty I have ever seen kicks the ball a country mile, mean buckley played his usual great games sav would kick bags of 6, 8, 10 goals

DAICOS- premiership player, 2 time copeland winner, coleman medalist, every time you went to the football daics would do something that would everyone talking at work or schools around Australia, an absolute privledge to watch him at his best, Sandy Roberts- to daicos the master!

MONKURST- premiership player huge man and a great tap ruckman was very good around the ground

McGUANE- premiership player, copeland winner, mighty mick was a consistent performer great leader of the club and who will ever forget the 7 bounces for goal of the year

T.SHAW- premiership captain norm smith medalist, copeland winner. 300 game player gutsy player small and slow and couldn't kick over a jam tin but would have him on my team every day of the week true leader never stopped giving for the black and white jumper

BURNS- great in all parts of the game true inspiration hard player a fantastic player always gives his all. deserves a premiership

LICURIA- 2 time copeland winner, one of the hardest workers to ever put on the magpie jumper one the pies a prelim final with 40 touches

S.RUSSELL- premiership player, great player excellent finisher always used the ball well 1st year played in a flag very consistent performer

D.THOMAS- so many things to like about thomas runs hard very footy smart does things out of the ordinary, a true test will be the next year or 2 when he will be heavily tagged, no doubt will play in a premiership

B: CLEMENT PERT S.MORWOOD
H/B: CROSISCA KELLY H.SHAW
CENTRE: BROWN BUCKLEY MILLANE
H/F: P.WILLIAMS T.CLOKE TARRANT

INTER: BURNS LICURIA S.RUSSELL THOMAS

you cant have blokes in there after one good year (cloke)

Thomas should definately not be in there

Wakelin stiff, but many other good backs

Pebbles a definite, cloke out

Fraser = 2nd ruck

H/F: P.WILLIAMS A.ROCCA TARRANT

INTER: BURNS T.FRANCIS S.RUSSELL J.FRASER
Notable omissions: Gayfer, Barwick and Presti. Stiff boys but just couldnt squeeze you in

Great idea for discussion mate. :thumbsu:
Heres my 2 cents worth. The changes I made are in bold.

B: CLEMENT (DVC) PRESTI JOHNSON
CENTRE: BROWN (DVC) BUCKLEY (C) MILLANE (DVC)
H/F: P.WILLIAMS A. ROCCA TARRANT
FOLL: MONKHURST McGUANE T.SHAW (VC)

INTER: BURNS LICURIA T. CLOKE THOMAS

Pert might have been the best fullback who played at Collingwood in this time, but he wasn't Collingwood's best fullback. Presti for sure.

Morwood retired in 1993, his best was in the 80's. Therefore I give his position to B. Johnson.

Other than that, I can't see a lot wrong with it, Thomas' inclusion is a little questionable because he so new but I love Dale Thomas so he stays!!! :D:thumbsu:

Edit: Last moment I decide A. Rocca gets CHF just because of long service, Russell off the bench and T. Cloke on.

Buckley captain, T. Shaw vice, Clement, Brown and Millane deputy vice captains.

H/F: P.WILLIAMS A.ROCCA TARRANT

INTER: BURNS T.FRANCIS S.RUSSELL J.FRASER
Notable omissions: Gayfer, Barwick and Presti. Stiff boys but just couldnt squeeze you in

Great idea for discussion mate. :thumbsu:
Heres my 2 cents worth. The changes I made are in bold.

Yeah Josh Fraser probably needs squeezing in... Hard work. :(

my reasons for not having A.rocca was a bit harsh but I just dont like the player at all for his size he doesnt bust open enough games for my liking should win more games off his boot and doesnt work hard enough cloke is the next big thing at collingwood and when this would be done in 3 years he would still be there

I loved gary pert as a kid had his number on my back and loved to go to vic park and watch him play played against the best full forwards every week lockett dunstall salmon ablett etc yeah presti was a bit stiff.

thomas was the only one that I was iffy about probably would go for barwick of francis looking
thanks for the feedback people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G.Wright bit stiff, would put him in before pants on the wing. Only because unfortunately pants only played the one season post 1990.

Rocca in ahead of T.Cloke
Licca with 2 copeland trophies is a def in

Licca is in mate. Scott Burns would be the only replacement in my mind.

Mind you I'm only 20, so my memories of the 90s are dim.

But Licca stays mate!

G.Wright bit stiff, would put him in before pants on the wing. Only because unfortunately pants only played the one season post 1990.

Rocca in ahead of T.Cloke
Licca with 2 copeland trophies is a def in

Yeah but pants was brilliant in 90- AFL Players MVP, so I think that's enough to get in
Wright very stiff though- was a huge fan of him

saying that though that centreline gets me more excited than a grown man should get by thinking of other men

I get the same feeling, and a similar feeling about the FF line.

Dids, Sav and Daics all together in their prime.{drool}. That would put opposition coaches and backmen into therapy.:cool:

Christian unlucky, A. Rocca for Cloke and either of Francis or Wright for Thomas (just too early for the two younger blokes).

Mark Richardson was very good for us in a crap team and I'd have him as second ruck - he also had good games both down back and up forward. Pity his body gave out just as we started to come good in 2002.

The centreline is brilliant. Do not change it. I just count myself lucky that i got to see all those brilliant men play so many times.

To those that missed seeing Pants play (anyone born in 1992 onwards), you have missed out on seeing someone truly great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Team Combined Since 1990

Remove this Banner Ad

Back