Best Team Combined Since 1990

Remove this Banner Ad

The centreline is brilliant. Do not change it. I just count myself lucky that i got to see all those brilliant men play so many times.

To those that missed seeing Pants play (anyone born in 1992 onwards), you have missed out on seeing someone truly great.

Your right I was only 11 in 1991 when he passed away but I was fortunate enough that my Dad took me to see Collingwood for basically all Victorian games from 1988 to 1991 incl. 90 GF.

I was proud to have no 42 on my back and Darren Millane was so good he would make the hairs on my neck stand up watching him play. In 1990 he was brilliant, he was totally dominant in just about every game.

He was fearsome, tough and courageous, and built like a bull, but very highly skilled and very agile as well, almost catlike.

Anyone who hasn't had the privelege of seeing Darren Millane in action hunt down a copy of the video A Tribute to Darren Millane. I get goosebumps every time I watch it and as a 26 year old now I still idolise him like I did when I was 11.

IMO only Gavin Brown or Nathan Buckley out of Collingwood player's I've seen would go anywhere near him as a footballer, he was that good.

He was a perfect footballer. If

The centreline is brilliant. Do not change it. I just count myself lucky that i got to see all those brilliant men play so many times.

To those that missed seeing Pants play (anyone born in 1992 onwards), you have missed out on seeing someone truly great.

Your right I was only 11 in 1991 when he passed away but I was fortunate enough that my Dad took me to see Collingwood for basically all Victorian games from 1988 to 1991 incl. 90 GF.

I was proud to have no 42 on my back and Darren Millane was so good he would make the hairs on my neck stand up watching him play. In 1990 he was brilliant, he was totally dominant in just about every game.

He was fearsome, tough and courageous, and built like a bull, but very highly skilled and very agile as well, almost catlike.

Anyone who hasn't had the privelege of seeing Darren Millane in action hunt down a copy of the video A Tribute to Darren Millane. I get goosebumps every time I watch it and as a 26 year old now I still idolise him like I did when I was 11.

IMO only Gavin Brown or Nathan Buckley out of Collingwood player's I've seen would go anywhere near him as a footballer, he was that good.

He was a perfect footballer. And it's not because he died I say that either. Inspirational! :thumbsu:

FB: M.GAYFER - G.PERT - S.MORWOOD

HB: G.CROSISCA - C.KELLY - J.CLEMENT

C: G.WRIGHT - N.BUCKLEY - D.MILLANE

HF: G.BROWN - A.ROCCA - A.DIDAK

FF: P.DAICOS - S.ROCCA - D.BARWICK

FOL: D.MONKHURST - M.McGUANE - T.FRANCIS

I/C: P.WILLIAMS - T.SHAW - S.RUSSEL - S.BURNS

EME: J.FRASER - S.PRESTIGIACOMO - C.TARRANT

-----

Some 'explanations' (most others are quite self explanatory):

Tony Francis was an absolute FREAK of a rover (and a goal kicker).

Barwick was a gem of a genuine forward line player. Could roost it from 50m+ with ease (those freakin' thighs of his).

Wright was one of the best wingers we ever had (and made a great transition to the half back flank, too).

Gavin Brown was so versatile that I've got him up forward where he ran amok many a time due to our lack of great Full Forwards at the time.

Gayfer was a BLANKET.

B: CLEMENT (DVC) PRESTI JOHNSON
H/B: CROSISCA KELLY H.SHAW
CENTRE: BROWN (DVC) BUCKLEY (C) MILLANE (DVC)
H/F: P.WILLIAMS A. ROCCA TARRANT
F: DIDAK S.ROCCA DAICOS
FOLL: MONKHURST McGUANE T.SHAW (VC)

INTER: BURNS LICURIA T. CLOKE THOMAS

Pert might have been the best fullback who played at Collingwood in this time, but he wasn't Collingwood's best fullback. Presti for sure.

Morwood retired in 1993, his best was in the 80's. Therefore I give his position to B. Johnson.

Other than that, I can't see a lot wrong with it, Thomas' inclusion is a little questionable because he so new but I love Dale Thomas so he stays!!! :D:thumbsu:

Edit: Last moment I decide A. Rocca gets CHF just because of long service, Russell off the bench and T. Cloke on.

Buckley captain, T. Shaw vice, Clement, Brown and Millane deputy vice captains.
Johnson ahead of Lockyer?

I'd move Burns to Johnson's spot, Fraser to the INT

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Team Combined Since 1990

Remove this Banner Ad

Back