Best VPN to use - Need Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Yup, but if you want extra peace of mind I guess, I don't use it myself either, but I've heard good things.

I also read some good things but why is it not as Popular it is then compared too Torrents?

We're talking about downloading illegal torrents though, not normal files. I'm no lawyer but as I understand you're still stealing intellectual property.

Isn’t Stealing when you take something and there is nothing there when you take it.

That is not what Downloading is

I also read some good things but why is it not as Popular it is then compared too Torrents?

Not 100% sure, I think it's because it's may not be as well known and I'm not sure if it's all of them, but my mates one only opens it's door like 1 a year or so. But probably also I believe the costs will turn a lot of people away.

Isn’t Stealing when you take something and there is nothing there when you take it.

That is not what Downloading is

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

If you get a video,mp3, ebook for free off torrents rather then pay for it through the official channels then it's stealing. Same thing when you go to the markets and get the pirate dvds.

Not 100% sure, I think it's because it's may not be as well known and I'm not sure if it's all of them, but my mates one only opens it's door like 1 a year or so. But probably also I believe the costs will turn a lot of people away.

Yeah - A Fee would turn people off because Torrents are free and more stuff on Torrents then user net

What is the Price for user net and how does downloading work on it?

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

If you get a video,mp3, ebook for free off torrents rather then pay for it then it's stealing.

I don’t see it as stealing as stuff is there.

It’s breaking the Copyright of the Media but not stealing

We're talking about downloading illegal torrents though, not normal files. I'm no lawyer but as I understand you're still stealing intellectual property.

Again, I could be wrong but my understanding is that downloading something, even if its an unauthorised copy, is not breaching copyright. The person uploading or distributing an illegal copy is breaking copyright law not the person receiving it. The Hollywood ads saying "you wouldn't steal a car" etc are just paid for PR designed to deter people and not representative of the law. As far as I'm aware the law punishes those infringing copyright by distributing intellectual property not those obtaining it. This is of course an issue for torrents users as when you download something you are automatically uploading something at the same time. I had a warning email from iPrimus years ago for downloading an episode of South Park but from memory the email actually stated that it was for uploading the file, not downloading.

For another example of perception vs reality, the Hollywood studios would also have you believe using a VPN to unblock geo-locked sites like Netflix is illegal but both the Australian government and Courts have ruled that there is nothing illegal with doing this and in fact the potentially illegal behaviour is the companies putting geo-blocks on in the first place, not those attempting to circumvent them (same deal with region codes on games and DVD's).

EDIT: Here's an example of a warning letter, I got the same one sent by BayTSP it was years ago never got another one since. Note the wording;

We are writing to inform you that we have received reports indicating your > account was involved in alleged sharing (emphasis added) of Copyright protected material > without Authorisation of the Copyright holder.

BayTSP has a good faith belief that the subscriber using the IP address > 58.178.204.40 is infringing the copyright rights of one or more Activision > works by copying and distributing unauthorized copies of game products > (through peer-to-peer or similar software/services)

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1160133

I think this is why usenet is preferable because you're just downloading from a direct link, you won't be done for breaching copyright because you're not uploading as far as I'm aware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, I could be wrong but my understanding is that downloading something, even if its an unauthorised copy, is not breaching copyright. The person uploading or distributing an illegal copy is breaking copyright law not the person receiving it. The Hollywood ads saying "you wouldn't steal a car" etc are just paid for PR designed to deter people and not representative of the law. As far as I'm aware the law punishes those infringing copyright by distributing intellectual property not those obtaining it. This is of course an issue for torrents users as when you download something you are automatically uploading something at the same time. I had a warning email from iPrimus years ago for downloading an episode of South Park but from memory the email actually stated that it was for uploading the file, not downloading.

For another example of perception vs reality, the Hollywood studios would also have you believe using a VPN to unblock geo-locked sites like Netflix is illegal but both the Australian government and Courts have ruled that there is nothing illegal with doing this and in fact the potentially illegal behaviour is the companies putting geo-blocks on in the first place, not those attempting to circumvent them (same deal with region codes on games and DVD's).

EDIT: Here's an example of a warning letter, I got the same one sent by BayTSP it was years ago never got another one since. Note the wording;

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1160133

I think this is why usenet is preferable because you're just downloading from a direct link, you won't be done for breaching copyright because you're not uploading as far as I'm aware.

Thanks! Yeah I think I watched too many "if you steal a car ad" or whatever it is.

Would it Depend on the Torrent you Downloading or the Site/Tracker you got the Torrent from?

As I have heard of Sites that are so hidden that you can’t find them on Google or any other site and only way you get to that Tracker/Site is to know someone who is on that site and can give you a Invite. Would they be harder to Track?

TradeDraft

Had a quick chat with my mate, he says it takes a bit of set up and money but it's completely anonymous, all anyone will see is you downloading an email (could be a very large email but that's all they see) also the price is going up as they expect Australia to be the target in crackdown on torrents soon.

but he says for the money, you're getting the equivalent of Piratebay on usenets so the largest site to DL from.

Anyway you need this software

https://couchpota.to/

and apparently you have to set it up via the source version not the Windows (he didn't say why)

Then there is github which you can run from Windows command Line

I think that's it, he'll send me more when he gets home.

TradeDraft

Had a quick chat with my mate, he says it takes a bit of set up and money but it's completely anonymous, all anyone will see is you downloading an email (could be a very large email but that's all they see) also the price is going up as they expect Australia to be the target in crackdown on torrents soon.

but he says for the money, you're getting the equivalent of Piratebay on usenets so the largest site to DL from.

Anyway you need this software

https://couchpota.to/

and apparently you have to set it up via the source version not the Windows (he didn't say why)

Then there is github which you can run from Windows command Line

I think that's it, he'll send me more when he gets home.

Well I checked the Site out and what you are saying. It sounds very complicated thing to set up. I would use it on my Mum’s Mac.

I find that kind of Disgusting that they will raise the Price because they know the Prick Abbott and Co are cracking down on Torrents because they get Paid off from the Big Entertainment Companies. Though I saw on that site it can be as low $8 per month and that is about what you would play for a VPN.

Interesting what the Extra Info he gives

Though wouldn’t they more look at Public Torrent sites like Kick Ass Torrents and Pirate Bay and not Private Trackers like TorrentDay and Fun File

Well I checked the Site out and what you are saying. It sounds very complicated thing to set up. I would use it on my Mum’s Mac.

I find that kind of Disgusting that they will raise the Price because they know the Prick Abbott and Co are cracking down on Torrents because they get Paid off from the Big Entertainment Companies. Though I saw on that site it can be as low $8 per month and that is about what you would play for a VPN.

Interesting what the Extra Info he gives

Yeah that's why I haven't bothered with it yet, still on Torrents myself.

Yeah that's why I haven't bothered with it yet, still on Torrents myself.

So am I but I can see why people would use Usernet for being so Anomonus but I keep thinking why has it not Caught on like Torrents have.

Would try stuff like VPN before I go to usernet.

I also download from Private Trackers now. So Hopefully they be hard to track then Public Trackers

So am I but I can see why people would use Usernet for being so Anomonus but I keep thinking why has it not Caught on like Torrents have.

Would try stuff like VPN before I go to usernet.

I also download from Private Trackers now. So Hopefully they be hard to track then Public Trackers

In my mates case he downloads over 1-2 terabytes of media every month so I think he has too.

But at the moment I think it's more personally preference, I think my mate would download a fair amount of what would be considered inappropriate for normal society and just wants to ensure no one finds out.

In my mates case he downloads over 1-2 terabytes of media every month so I think he has too.

But at the moment I think it's more personally preference, I think my mate would download a fair amount of what would be considered inappropriate for normal society and just wants to ensure no one finds out.

How can you download that much over a Month?

I download between 70-150GB per month and sometimes even less then that. Last few months I been not downloading much. Mostly Anime and TV Shows/Movie from Asia and the Odd Old Game.

So your mate Downloads a lot of pr0n then?

How can you download that much over a Month?

I download between 70-150GB per month and sometimes even less then that. Last few months I been not downloading much. Mostly Anime and TV Shows/Movie from Asia and the Odd Old Game.

So your mate Downloads a lot of pr0n then?

Probably. He does spend all of his free time though watch tv shows that he gets and whenever he can, gets Blu Ray version as well.

Depends as much on quality as it does quantity. 1080p movies can reach 30+ gig in size

Wow that is Huge. When I download a TV Show or Movie I get the Smaller Version and that can range from 100-400mb per TV Show and 700mb-1.2gb for Movies. Think they are 420p

Probably. He does spend all of his free time though watch tv shows that he gets and whenever he can, gets Blu Ray version as well.

Blue-Ray could explain why he gets lot of Downloads. How can he get that much without running out of Internet Time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best VPN to use - Need Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Back