Best way to Burn Torrents to DVD disk

Remove this Banner Ad

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
g'day guys, im computer illiterate and was just wondering what is the best way to burn movies that you downloaded as a torrent to disk to play on a DVD player?
any help would be much appreciated, cheers

I usually just use Nero. There is an option that says "Create Movie DVD" or something similar. You basically just add the movie file and then you can also create menus and stuff as well.

I find buying and renting movies to be the most effective way.

Seriously pal, shut the hell up. You're becoming very annoying.

To the thread starter. It really depends whats format you are downloading. I.e. getting a .avi or a divx file to DVD format is not a shortest process....

A little more information would be great.

I've found that 95% of all torrent videos I've watched are divx or xvid. As other posters have said, you can convert them to DVD using Nero, or a host of other video conversion software options, but this is a slow and inefficient process.

A much better option is to buy a divx/xvid compatible DVD player. My Pioneer cost $110 and it seems to play everything. There are plenty of cheaper options - try strathfields for basement level units. Using this option requires no conversion - you can just burn the files straight to a DVD and can fit ~ 20 hours of video on one DVD disk.

A much better option is to buy a divx/xvid compatible DVD player. My Pioneer cost $110 and it seems to play everything.

Agree. I've got a DivX compatible Pioneer DVD player with a USB port. Anything I download I simply copy to a memory stick and watch it on the LCD TV. Too easy.

ConvertXtoDVD is also quite good, you can use Nero as well but there are some quite good free burning apps out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ConvertXtoDVD is also quite good, you can use Nero as well but there are some quite good free burning apps out there.

I use convertXtodvd which works well. I have found that the picture quality once transferred to DVD is pretty crappy, the original avi file when played on my computer looks great, is there something i'm not doing right or does it lose quality in the transfer process??

Remove this Banner Ad

Best way to Burn Torrents to DVD disk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back