better refine you definition of a good crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Brett Li

nice to know you are on our side, finally.

Nicko can you limit your use of the "crowd-stat" arguement a bit in future. I'd love to hear your views on players and the games you've watched rather than the mud-throwing, ok?

fair enough, a bit about tonights game then. after many english people saying stuff like "you'd be surprised how competitive english rugby league is" and how good the great britain players were supposed to be, it was a terribly one sided affair. perhaps the standard of the english league is not quite what some of you thought it was.

ok, enough mud throwing for now, but i had to get that off my chest. i think it was btige having a go at someone saying that the english players are better than what is on offer in australia. is that still the case btige? a rather resounding no!

PS: is it just me or were there other aussies a bit peeved every time they heard fatty vautin and co. say they hoped it would be a close game. whatever is wrong with thumping the poms???

it is rather a sad indictment if you need a good close game just to boost the game, give me a right old thrashing any time :D

Re: Re: Nicho Nicho Nicho

Originally posted by nicko18

you make yourself look like such an idiot sometimes. your claims sometimes appear genuine until you pull baseless lies out of the air. youve done that a few times now. would you mind telling us how you know the swans gave away tickets to the essendon game, and why i, nor anyone else could get their hands on any?

Perhaps you should listen to Melbourne radio more often Nicho.....because Mr. Wacko Jacko himself admitted it, a little unwillingly on the abc and 3aw the day of the game:rolleyes:

I am sure we have been thru this before, but here we go again:rolleyes:

This is what he admitted to :

Over 1,000 tickets went to the Aboriginal kids in Sydney(I suppose you can throw in tickets for their minders here too)
Afterall it was their commemeration day!.

All the Auskick kids in Sydney got free tickets

I know for a fact a friend of mine who works in Sydney for a Bank connected with the Swans got free tickets and there were plenty around he told me at the front counter.

There were also a lot of tickets on offer, at least 500 lots of $49 for the 3 games to be played at Stadium Aust. featuring Ess/Rich/Carlton.

All told, over 5,000 or so tickets were given away for the game......Jackson admitted when pushed though he only wanted to concentrate on the tickets given away to the Aboriginal children......wonder why>>.

Nicho
I don't pluck rubbish from mid-air at all.....
I listen to a lot of radio....where I get all my information.

:mad: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nicko18

fair enough, a bit about tonights game then. after many english people saying stuff like "you'd be surprised how competitive english rugby league is" and how good the great britain players were supposed to be, it was a terribly one sided affair. perhaps the standard of the english league is not quite what some of you thought it was.

ok, enough mud throwing for now, but i had to get that off my chest. i think it was btige having a go at someone saying that the english players are better than what is on offer in australia. is that still the case btige? a rather resounding no!

PS: is it just me or were there other aussies a bit peeved every time they heard fatty vautin and co. say they hoped it would be a close game. whatever is wrong with thumping the poms???

it is rather a sad indictment if you need a good close game just to boost the game, give me a right old thrashing any time :D

Show me where I have stated that Brit players are better than those in Australia. I have never said that, I don't believe that.

I did believe that the ESL had progressed, trouble is, like in the past the Aussie game keeps progressing at possibly a slightly faster rate.

One thing I must say is that I've read from a few Aussies that this match wasn't a true indication of the relevant merits of the strengths of Australia and GB. I told Brett in a private message that I believed we'd lose, but that I just hoped it wouldn't be by a massive margin. I had a feeling that because of the short preperation time that this was likely.

GB were woefull, but let's not lose sight of the fact that they were playing a side near the top of their game.

This defeat should show us all how much we need more international Rugby League.

The one shining light in the Lions side was Paul Sculthorpe.

Originally posted by bulltige

Show me where I have stated that Brit players are better than those in Australia. I have never said that, I don't believe that.

I did believe that the ESL had progressed, trouble is, like in the past the Aussie game keeps progressing at possibly a slightly faster rate.

One thing I must say is that I've read from a few Aussies that this match wasn't a true indication of the relevant merits of the strengths of Australia and GB. I told Brett in a private message that I believed we'd lose, but that I just hoped it wouldn't be by a massive margin. I had a feeling that because of the short preperation time that this was likely.

GB were woefull, but let's not lose sight of the fact that they were playing a side near the top of their game.

This defeat should show us all how much we need more international Rugby League.

The one shining light in the Lions side was Paul Sculthorpe.

i am all for more international games. the super league era put a halt on the traditional GB v Aus clashes. i believe that the more international clashes there are, the higher the standard is set for those non aussie sides and the better they become. confined to just the ESL competition the benchmark may seem high, but its not compared to other countries. playing teams like australia will raise the bar for english football to aspire to.

i also believe the rules for the code MUST be common across all countries. it does no good for the game having hybrid rules like those seen last night. interpretations will always be different, but lets see a common rulebook

Remove this Banner Ad

better refine you definition of a good crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back