Other BF NFL Supporters List and Survey (2007-09)

Level of NFL Support

• High

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Often

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Seldom

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BigFooty NFL Survey

Favourite team?
Cleveland Browns (Basically a new fan, took to them when Randy Lerner took over Aston Villa FC)

That's just typical Sammy D.:eek: I knew when the news broke thru and Randy L taking over Deadly Doug that many from Villa Park faithful would leech onto the Browns....makes my skin crawl.. so think of your 50% Villa Bro when the Browns get a touch up from the divisional foe. ;)

Player you would most like to meet?
LT

I dont get it, so many people said they wanted to meet a Left Tackle? :rolleyes:

I guess most people mean the chap from the Chargers, and not the real LT - Lawrence Taylor who I'd rather meet, as long as he promises not to hurt me.

I dont get it, so many people said they wanted to meet a Left Tackle? :rolleyes:

I guess most people mean the chap from the Chargers, and not the real LT - Lawrence Taylor who I'd rather meet, as long as he promises not to hurt me.

What's the point of meeting Lawrence Taylor and not coming away with a fractured bone? It'd be part of the whole fun of meeting him.

That's just typical Sammy D.:eek: I knew when the news broke thru and Randy L taking over Deadly Doug that many from Villa Park faithful would leech onto the Browns....makes my skin crawl.. so think of your 50% Villa Bro when the Browns get a touch up from the divisional foe. ;)

Randy has been doing so much great work off the pitch at Villa Park, I couldn't not jump on the Browns.

I was actually happy to see The Bus get his ring before he retired, but now obviously I hope you guys win bugger all.

Don't worry, despite my sleeper prediction :)p ) I have no delusions. I forsee much divisional pain for my boys in the near future unfortunately :(

I was actually happy to see The Bus get his ring before he retired, but now obviously I hope you guys win bugger all.

If that's your wish... make sure you wear clean underwear every morning coz the WHEELS on the BUS go...go round n' round... ;) Steelers set to RUN over the Browns for many seasons to come. :p Fast Willie #39 :thumbsu:

Favourite team?
Denver Bron cos
Other teams you like?

Saints Eagles Titans
Least favourite teams?
Raiders ( Classic Rivalry) Chargers and Colts (overhyped)
Favourite players from your team?
Cutler Bailey Wilson
Favourite players from other teams?
Vince Young
Least favourite players?
Rivers, Merriman,
Favourite NFL moment?
Super Bowl XXXII especially Elway's Helicopter run, The Drive
Least favourite NFL moment?
The 4 super bowls the broncos lost, when we drafted maddox
Player you would most like to meet?
elway
Coach / administrator / broadcaster etc. you would most like to meet?
shannahan
Favourite team uniform?
broncos home with the white pants
How did you start following the NFL?
relatives in colorado
What do you enjoy most about the NFL?

strategic, gives me something to follow in the afl offseason
What NFL gear do you own?

the last two bronocs draft day caps and an authentic cutler jumper
Have you been to an NFL game?
No
Who will win the 2008 Superbowl?
too early to pick atm would say ravens
Which team is a sleeping giant, and will explode next season?

one of cards rams or 49ers

Fill out my survey if you're interested. Feel free to elaborate and give multiple answers where applicable.

Favourite team?

Buffalo Bills
Least favourite teams? Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers
Favourite players from your team? Willis McGahee, Nate Clemens
Favourite players from other teams? Peyton Manning, Ed Reed, Chad Johnson, Reggie Bush, Sean Taylor
Least favourite players? Jake Plummer, TO,
Favourite NFL moment? The Bills playoff comeback against Houston
Least favourite NFL moment? 4 losing Superbowls for the Bills, especially the first loss to the Cowboys
Player you would most like to meet? Emmett Smith
Coach / administrator / broadcaster etc. you would most like to meet? John Madden
Favourite team uniform? All black Ravens
How did you start following the NFL? Watched it with my brother
What do you enjoy most about the NFL? Strategy
What NFL gear do you own? few hats and a few jerseys

Have you been to an NFL game? No
Who will win the 2008 Superbowl? San Diego
Which team is a sleeping giant, and will explode next season?
Bengals
Favourite poster on BigFooty NFL?
Fuey

Colts overhyped?

I dunno what he meant, but if he meant that they may not at all go back-to-back, then I'd agree they're over-hyped. I mean, even this season they were a bit of a shock. Coming into the playoffs, worst run D, and Peyton's infamous post-season peformances, not too many would have picked them before all the first playoffs were to be played. They overcame all that, etc, and good on 'em.

So, they were actually not hyped up this season compared to previous. But perhaps next season, they WILL reach a new level of hype and expectation, and most likely (going by history) they may not go back-to-back as most might think they could/would.

I mean, even this season they were a bit of a shock. Coming into the playoffs, worst run D, and Peyton's infamous post-season peformances, not too many would have picked them before all the first playoffs were to be played. They overcame all that, etc, and good on 'em.

So, they were actually not hyped up this season compared to previous. But perhaps next season, they WILL reach a new level of hype and expectation, and most likely (going by history) they may not go back-to-back as most might think they could/would.

Outstanding regular season performers is one foot in the play-offs ...lucky they got up this season otherwise the hammer was gonna fall. High expection & new level of hype won't do 'em many favours but they'll be wiser for the experience...who would of thought 'Colts' as a comeback team?? Definately a shot at back-to-back... throw the Steelers in the equation and we're talkin' some serious play-off action... as long as we're on the road. ;)

Outstanding regular season performers is one foot in the play-offs ...lucky they got up this season otherwise the hammer was gonna fall. High expection & new level of hype won't do 'em many favours but they'll be wiser for the experience...who would of thought 'Colts' as a comeback team?? Definately a shot at back-to-back... throw the Steelers in the equation and we're talkin' some serious play-off action... as long as we're on the road. ;)

The scary possibility is that now that the monkey's off Peyton's back, he'll really open up, relax, own personal doubts dispelled, able to be more natural. There was a huge difference in Peyton post-SB, his demeanor, compared to Peyton in the past, where he seemed uncomfortable, awkward, etc, post-playoff-failure.

The Colts COULD, but every year a new team wins they say, "is this a new dynasty" or "a new [colts] dynasty is set to occur". I think instead that the essence of FA, drafts, etc, means that parity will be more the determining factor. Washington two seasons ago were expected to continue on last season. Same with Seattle, Pittsburgh, etc. Chicago was and fulfilled that. Panthers every year are expected to but fail. While, other teams just come from nowhere (Saints).

Meanwhile next season, everyone will be expecting the 49ers and Cardinals, for instance, to be contenders. Teams like Jets, Ravens, Titans, Broncos, will all be expected to continue or rise. Yet perhaps all or most of them are next year's "Washington". While no one expects or even imagines Raiders, say, to do anything. They could be next years "Saints".

At the moment, regarding Colts back-to-back, therefore it's too early to even hype them as possibles for that. But it isnt too early to scoff the notion. Mid-season 2007, that's when people can start hyping them. And they may deserve that hyping in November-December.

The scary possibility is that now that the monkey's off Peyton's back, he'll really open up, relax, own personal doubts dispelled, able to be more natural. There was a huge difference in Peyton post-SB, his demeanor, compared to Peyton in the past, where he seemed uncomfortable, awkward, etc, post-playoff-failure.

The Colts COULD, but every year a new team wins they say, "is this a new dynasty" or "a new [colts] dynasty is set to occur". I think instead that the essence of FA, drafts, etc, means that parity will be more the determining factor. Washington two seasons ago were expected to continue on last season. Same with Seattle, Pittsburgh, etc. Chicago was and fulfilled that. Panthers every year are expected to but fail. While, other teams just come from nowhere (Saints).

Meanwhile next season, everyone will be expecting the 49ers and Cardinals, for instance, to be contenders. Teams like Jets, Ravens, Titans, Broncos, will all be expected to continue or rise. Yet perhaps all or most of them are next year's "Washington". While no one expects or even imagines Raiders, say, to do anything. They could be next years "Saints".

At the moment, regarding Colts back-to-back, therefore it's too early to even hype them as possibles for that. But it isnt too early to scoff the notion. Mid-season 2007, that's when people can start hyping them. And they may deserve that hyping in November-December.

Defiinately agree g.g. well pointed out about Peyton. He can play like a millionaire now. :D The Deadskins have been on the brink for many seasons likewise Panthers. Every season throws up something different and that's one aspect of really appreciating/ enjoying the NFL. To have a team come from nowhere (not being division champs) from the past 5 seasons is something that unlikely for them to reach the Supabah in one season. (interestingly enough, JD's mob probably craved home field to be that first team)... burning question is whether Arizona have enough aces now to accomplish that feat. Last count, they have 4 ex-Steelers staff on the coaching panel.

Defiinately agree g.g. well pointed out about Peyton. He can play like a millionaire now. :D The Deadskins have been on the brink for many seasons likewise Panthers. Every season throws up something different and that's one aspect of really appreciating/ enjoying the NFL. To have a team come from nowhere (not being division champs) from the past 5 seasons is something that unlikely for them to reach the Supabah in one season. (interestingly enough, JD's mob probably craved home field to be that first team)... burning question is whether Arizona have enough aces now to accomplish that feat. Last count, they have 4 ex-Steelers staff on the coaching panel.

If you're gonna be successful, you gotta imitate the successful...so who better than the Steelers to hire their coaches, players, or tactics, the way they run their organization, etc.

I think worst scenario is that the Cards have another 'almost' year as they acclimatize to the new coach/staff/tactics. But at best, they could make Wild Card or even division champs and either way, account well for themselves...before really stepping up the following 5 years being a regular NFC West playoff team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're gonna be successful, you gotta imitate the successful...so who better than the Steelers to hire their coaches, players, or tactics, the way they run their organization, etc.

I think worst scenario is that the Cards have another 'almost' year as they acclimatize to the new coach/staff/tactics. But at best, they could make Wild Card or even division champs and either way, account well for themselves...before really stepping up the following 5 years being a regular NFC West playoff team.

Apparently under Cowher, the Steelers kept adding to the playbook with several inputs from OC over the time. Coach Tomlin comes in and calls the play-book 'hotch--potch' :D is going to streamline a new version he says to make it simplier for Big Ben and discard Cowher's complex multi-volume version... I think it would fetch quality coin on eBay. ;)

Apparently under Cowher, the Steelers kept adding to the playbook with several inputs from OC over the time. Coach Tomlin comes in and calls the play-book 'hotch--potch' :D is going to streamline a new version he says to make it simplier for Big Ben and discard Cowher's complex multi-volume version... I think it would fetch quality coin on eBay. ;)

I think I know who the lucky winning bidder will be...

I dunno what he meant, but if he meant that they may not at all go back-to-back, then I'd agree they're over-hyped. I mean, even this season they were a bit of a shock. Coming into the playoffs, worst run D, and Peyton's infamous post-season peformances, not too many would have picked them before all the first playoffs were to be played. They overcame all that, etc, and good on 'em.

what i meant was is kind of annoying that all of america seems to have some sort of love afairwith "manning and the colts (well the media anyway) overhyped was probaly not the right word to use.

what i meant was is kind of annoying that all of america seems to have some sort of love afairwith "manning and the colts (well the media anyway) overhyped was probaly not the right word to use.

That can't be helped. It happens everytime a team wins the Superbowl. What's worse is when Australians start having a love-affair with a superbowl winner. But that's understandable too.

It happens everytime a team wins the Superbowl. What's worse is when Australians start having a love-affair with a superbowl winner. But that's understandable too.
You reckon, in a few months, you could ask the SB burning question on sports trivia and I doubt many will recall who & what team won the 'recent' Supabah.

Big Ben's birthday today.... wore my Steelers Supabah champions t-shirt to remind everybody that the STEELERS is not the answer to the trivia question. ;)

You reckon, in a few months, you could ask the SB burning question on sports trivia and I doubt many will recall who & what team won the 'recent' Supabah.

Big Ben's birthday today.... wore my Steelers Supabah champions t-shirt to remind everybody that the STEELERS is not the answer to the trivia question. ;)

Lol. I think a lot of answers about which team won the last superbowl people would be like...."errr is it kurt Warner's team" or "oh yeah tom brady right?"

Or was it the Indianapolis Steelers led by QB Peyton Romo?? :rolleyes:

Yep and they probably werent even drunk either

Lol, then again, Aussies are always drunk even when they're not.

They were discussing 'endzone celebrations' on SEN 1116 radio and an AFL footy manager just shot himself with a reply 'thier shows are bigger than the game itself' ....:eek: Liam Pickering is a pickle of the highest order. :rolleyes:

Lol. I think a lot of answers about which team won the last superbowl people would be like...."errr is it kurt Warner's team" or "oh yeah tom brady right?"

I think you'd get 'MIKE Brady' as the answer more often than not....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back