T20 BFFCL Season 1 FINAL West Coast Whales vs Melbourne Bolts @Optus Stadium

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

582938_96a41da885a6af2ca68c6e108663e668.png
This is the biggest week in the BFFCL’s history. On Saturday night the two best teams of the year, The Bolts and The Whales will do battle in a gargantuan clash for the ages.
Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 1.32.32 pm.png

Pictured Bolts keeper TJASTA celebrates a catch.

Season recap

Round 1

akkaps lead from the front (3-25) but it wasn’t enough as The Whales dominated winning with 27 balls to spare with 7 wickets in hand with @Kirkwan scoring 74.

The Bolts batted first in the season opener with Barrybran (69) and Sab22 (57) helping the Bolts to a massive 227 runs. They easily defended it keeping the Bounders led by KohPhi (71) to 179 runs.

Round 2

Nakia showed what he was truly capable of remaining unbeaten on 102 as the Bolts scored 218 runs whilst losing only 1 wicket. For the Whales only one batter showed up with Van_Dyke (96 not out) trying desperately to propel the Whales to victory. However in the end, the Bolts ran out 35 run victors.

Round 3

The Bolts had a massive victory with TJASTA (130) leading his team to a massive total of 247. The Kangaroos didn’t even come close losing 5 wickets for just 169 runs leaving the Bolts 78 run victors and firmly atop of the inaugural ladder.

Another game, another easy win against the Bounders for the Whales remaining second on the ladder. Van_Dyke continuing his superb form (78) and Ljp86 (3-42) showing some class with the ball.

Round 4

Nakia (107) and Fizzler (86) tried their very best but couldn’t stop their first loss from occurring being narrowly beaten by the out of form Bounders who’s batting depth confused the Bolts

Kangaroos again proved a push-over as the Whales easily won with The Half Back remaining undefeated on 69.

Round 5

A low scoring affair in which the Whales got the chocolates making up for their loss earlier in the season and securing their place in the final. New recruit Karnezis_13 (73*) taking it to Hatchy1992 who took 4 off 3 overs.

Round 6

Whales scored an impressive 212 led by Kirkswan (82) in their last round setting the Bounders a massive challenge to achieve the NRR to make the final. The Bounders tactic to smash it didn’t quite go to plan with Quadzilla taking 5 wickets as the Bounders were knocked over a touch shy of 17 overs for only 126 runs.

The Bolts got the required win easily over a weak whales side despite missing gym4life. The final was set and the anticipation was built.

Bolts predicted line-up
Predicted changes:

gym4life Suspended -> 6

nahnah 6 -> Retired

TJASTA 5 -> 4

Sab22 4 -> 5

Whales predicted line-up

1. Van_Dyke
  2. The Half Back
  3. JT_the_Man
  4. Kirkswan
  5. Karnezis_13
  6. fitzroybowiedog
  7. iBeng
  8. Quadzilla
  9. eth-dog
  10. Ljp86
  11. Wooshette
Predicted changed:

JT_the_Man 1 -> 3

Firestarter 3 -> Out

Van_Dyke Out -> 1

Shermy 6 -> Out

fitzroybowiedog Out -> 6

Players to watch

Whales

Van_Dyke
163288.jpg

Van_dyke and runs go together like cricket and summer. Old mates got a new bat and is looking to break it in with yet another century.

Quadzilla
17546.jpg

He’s in red-hot form taking 5 wickets in the last game in a late bid for MVP votes. When he’s on, he’s on and not too expensive considering how much he bowls.

Bolts

TJASTA
175543.jpg

One of the best keepers in the league, taking catches, stumping fools and scoring masses of runs through his powerful arms.

Hatchy1992
106204.jpg.png

The best bowler in the league (well tied with SparkleNarkle but you know) will show up big for the final, he’s handy with the bat too with a strike rate of infinity.

The game will be taking place at the beautiful Optus stadium
8dab0c626fc04035bec086df45a9a3dcOptus_Stadium_10_min_lg.jpg

Sarah’s prediction Bolts to pull off a shocker and win by 2 wickets.

Captains, team sheets in before Midnight Thursday.

May the odds be ever in your favour and may the best team win!

This is it Bolts. 2 months ago I assembled a team that I knew was capable of going all the way, and here we are. The Final, the biggest match in the club’s history. We’ve trained lightly hard, we’ve put in the minutes hours, and it’s amounted to this. This team has gelled well and had depth with the bat, as well as great bowling ability, talk about all-around goodness! And the personalities of everyone has been great. We’ve made friends and in the end, if we win this, we can all share the bond of being the first BFFCL Premiers. So let’s go Bolts, hit them for 6, Bowl straight through the middle stump and just like they, we’ve won a match for the ages. Come one Bolts, this is ours!

The Whales are the biggest bunch of pretenders, they're only here to make up the numbers. Let's hammer them Bolts.

Best team in the league, having won all bar one game vs a team that have only beaten the worst in the league in their last 3 starts? Whales to romp it in, Quadzilla to take 5 again.

I legitimately have the memory of an elephant and I can't, for the life of me remember then last time the Bolts were any good. As soon as Nakia goes out for under 30, the rest of the lineup will crumble and we'll be chasin 138 for victory, which, of course, we will shit it in.

Wooshette will probably take 2/25 off her 4.
fitzroybowiedog will run the drinks on like a genuine champ.
Kirkswan will make another 50.
iBeng will raise the trophy high.
And I'm genuinely due for another score in the single figures.

If any of the above doesn't happen, I'll eat Fizzler's match worn hat.

Watch me be the wild card in this match, I'm seeking a REDEMPTION after 3 disgraceful weeks. I

And I'm fine with being 5th on the order
I hope you make your third duck. Literally the only thing you've been good at this year is fielding.

I legitimately have the memory of an elephant and I can't, for the life of me remember then last time the Bolts were any good. As soon as Nakia goes out for under 30, the rest of the lineup will crumble and we'll be chasin 138 for victory, which, of course, we will shit it in.

Wooshette will probably take 2/25 off her 4.
fitzroybowiedog will run the drinks on like a genuine champ.
Kirkswan will make another 50.
iBeng will raise the trophy high.
And I'm genuinely due for another score in the single figures.

If any of the above doesn't happen, I'll eat Fizzler's match worn hat.
Nah, if it doesn't you have have to change your title to "Fizzler's Bitch"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, if it doesn't you have have to change your title to "Fizzler's Bitch"
Still waiting for you to change your username...
(Insert rousing captains speech here)
Can someone else pick our side for me, I dont want to feed bad dropping people :(
Ps: the Bolts didn't play us last week SarahSmiles ;)
I'll start the lineup for ya:
Code:
No. Player
 2. The Half Back

Very ******* confused.

Round 6

Whales scored an impressive 212 led by Kirkswan (82) in their last round setting the Bounders a massive challenge to achieve the NRR to make the final. The Bounders tactic to smash it didn’t quite go to plan with Quadzilla taking 5 wickets as the Bounders were knocked over a touch shy of 17 overs for only 126 runs.

The Bolts got the required win easily over a weak whales side despite missing gym4life. The final was set and the anticipation was built.
upload_2018-11-12_17-7-43.jpeg

By the way, the sprinklers are always on at Optus Stadium so...Bolts? Bring ya bathers ya budgie burglars.

Round 6

View attachment 583758

By the way, the sprinklers are always on at Optus Stadium so...Bolts? Bring ya bathers ya budgie burglars.
Oh dear.

Huge game this one, Whales! It is great to play in the first final of the revamped BFFCL and take part in the match on the big stage. The Bolts will be a tough challenge so we'll need to come out firing with bat and ball in this one in order to get the jump on our opponent.

Looking forward to this big match in what is sure to be a cracking game! :thumbsu:

Go Whales!! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

T20 BFFCL Season 1 FINAL West Coast Whales vs Melbourne Bolts @Optus Stadium

Back