BFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know when the fixture is coming out, or are clubs just going to turn up to their home ground on April 15 and hope that another club turns up to play them?

R1 has been announced​

Friday 7th April 2023

Redan v Lake Wendouree

Saturday 15th April 2023

Sebastopol v Bacchus Marsh

Ballarat v Darley

Melton v Melton South

Sunbury v North Ballarat

East Point - Bye

Haven’t heard much from Melton apart from getting archard back. Ballarat have been quiet they’ve lost some big names. Domic and Powling have gone to Buninyong in the CHFL Gibson has retired. They aren’t sure if hooper is going again.

East have lost brown and rotumah-onus who are big loses haven’t heard much about who they’ve bought in

Wendouree have lost Carlin and potentially Collins.

Redan haven’t heard much about just a couple recruits don’t know much about.

Bacchus are gonna struggle with the outs they’ve got

Dunno where it’s all gone wrong for Lake Wendouree, haven’t fired a shot in recent years. Questionable coaching appointments haven’t helped and they haven’t been able to recruit/attract players to the club. Been hearing off field politics are that clubs Achilles heel.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno where it’s all gone wrong for Lake Wendouree, haven’t fired a shot in recent years. Questionable coaching appointments haven’t helped and they haven’t been able to recruit/attract players to the club. Been hearing off field politics are that clubs Achilles heel.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Had their premiership window in 2016/17 with a core of ex Roosters and missed it. Which they had been building towards for a few years prior after the 2010 flag.
Bacchus Marsh were their bogey side in 16/17. Not sure if there was any particular reason for the mini exodus at the end of that season or just different individual circumstances.

My only concern with Fitzpatrick as coach and being (I assume) Melbourne based?, his not across the ‘Ballarat community’, so could make things hard recruiting etc..

Had their premiership window in 2016/17 with a core of ex Roosters and missed it. Which they had been building towards for a few years prior after the 2010 flag.
Bacchus Marsh were their bogey side in 16/17. Not sure if there was any particular reason for the mini exodus at the end of that season or just different individual circumstances.

My only concern with Fitzpatrick as coach and being (I assume) Melbourne based?, his not across the ‘Ballarat community’, so could make things hard recruiting etc..
Yes he is Melbourne based but Ballarat isn’t far from Melbourne so I think that reduces the issue of connection to the community especially as a large component of the team don’t live in Ballarat either. Not sure where Lake are at as they don’t have the money in comparison to other clubs. I would also question the clubs identity, surely they can just be called Wendouree.

Looks as though last years grand finalists have been gifted the best draws. How that happens is baffling.
Per the Courier..

Sorted from easiest to hardest, here are the winners and losers in the BFNL 2023 fixture release:

1 - Melton (86.39 average opponent percentage)​

2 - Sebastopol (93.84%)​

3 - Redan (95.69%)​

4 - Darley (103.78%)​

5 - Bacchus Marsh (104.28%)​

6 - Ballarat (107.77%)​

7 - North Ballarat (108.27%)​

8 - Sunbury (113.72%)​

9 - East Point (118.47%)​

10 - Melton South (118.87%)​

11 - Lake Wendouree (120.46%)​

I see on FB Melton South are starting to announce some recruits, looks like an influx from St Kilda City. Anyone know if Billy Lloyd and the ruckman Jones are staying on at South ?

Looks like a bunch of amateurs did the draw. Grand Finalists get the easiest draw, Ballarat 5 out of first 6 at home, East Point 6 out of first 8 at home. Melton Sth could use a few early ones at home, but get jack****. Any chance somehow who knows what they're doing could do the draw properly? Teams shouldn't be playing 4 games at home or away in consecutive weeks.

Looks like a bunch of amateurs did the draw. Grand Finalists get the easiest draw, Ballarat 5 out of first 6 at home, East Point 6 out of first 8 at home. Melton Sth could use a few early ones at home, but get jack****. Any chance somehow who knows what they're doing could do the draw properly? Teams shouldn't be playing 4 games at home or away in consecutive weeks.

Darley have to play their first 7 games away due to the club rooms still being built.

Remove this Banner Ad

BFL discussion 2023