BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is mate they have no juniors in Coates league and no aligned home players at VFL besides Jack Watkins and although his aligned with Bloods he is going well at VFL and captain. Also not a lot in 19s that can hold there own in senior BFL footy outside of Pritchard and he needs developing as his only a light body.
So I think they need to move to Riddell and keep what they have and recruit a few.

They can’t survive in BFL at present.
I feel they should only move to the RDFL if Centrals leave. Otherwise the WRFL should be the next option (i think that is a better option). Having two teams in the same comp won't work. You need point of difference teams. Then the 3 Melton teams can cater for everyone. Just look at the problems Sunbury is about to run into next year with 3 teams in div 2. Unless you want to try your luck at Lions or Diggers you will be playing in the EDFL or not at all.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel they should only move to the RDFL if Centrals leave. Otherwise the WRFL should be the next option (i think that is a better option). Having two teams in the same comp won't work. You need point of difference teams. Then the 3 Melton teams can cater for everyone. Just look at the problems Sunbury is about to run into next year with 3 teams in div 2. Unless you want to try your luck at Lions or Diggers you will be playing in the EDFL or not at all.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I agree but no chance that South would play WRFL div2 as that’s a huge drop. They would be stronger that centrals immediately and that might be a concern for centrals who probably are best suited in WRFL div2.
I’m haven’t seen much of centrals but how many players there currently are good riddell league players such as A, B grade etc.

Correct. An irrelevant rule that causes more issues than it solves at this level but you are correct.
Cheers mate. Just watched the last few minutes of the Sunbury v Melton game on the BFL facebook page. Sutton has a shot for goal after the siren. The melton player on the mark jumps off the ground on the mark. Pretty sure that’s a 50mt penalty.. Am I wrong??

Cheers mate. Just watched the last few minutes of the Sunbury v Melton game on the BFL facebook page. Sutton has a shot for goal after the siren. The melton player on the mark jumps off the ground on the mark. Pretty sure that’s a 50mt penalty.. Am I wrong??
Pretty sure you can jump up and down, just can’t go side to side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jumping is acceptable.

No wonder we have problems with umpiring. How do you define what is a jump on the spot and moving side to side. Umpiring is becoming harder than ever. I’m sure those making the laws of the game have never umpired a game of football and needed to interpret the laws of the game.

No wonder finding umpires and retaining them is harder than ever.

No wonder we have problems with umpiring. How do you define what is a jump on the spot and moving side to side. Umpiring is becoming harder than ever. I’m sure those making the laws of the game have never umpired a game of football and needed to interpret the laws of the game.

No wonder finding umpires and retaining them is harder than ever.
Agreed. Hence my original statement that it's an irrelevant rule for country footy. The only reason we have it is because the AFL wants the regional game to 'look like the game on TV'.

Agreed. Hence my original statement that it's an irrelevant rule for country footy. The only reason we have it is because the AFL wants the regional game to 'look like the game on TV'.

There are lots of rules for AFL that are not in place in country footy.

The rushed behind rule and the 6,6,6 are examples and this one should also be one of them

The rushed behind rule and the 6,6,6 are examples and this one should also be one of them
Yes, the rushed behind and deliberate out of bounds interpretations are different. Which I think is as it should be.
Clearly you cannot have a 6-6-6 rule in any competition with a send-off rule, as our leagues have. Unworkable, so it's not in place. Rare victory for common sense.
You could throw out all the nomination bullshit for ruck contests while you're at it. Simply penalise a team that has more than one player contest any ball up or throw in. FFS, it's not that hard, is it?

Yes, the rushed behind and deliberate out of bounds interpretations are different. Which I think is as it should be.
Clearly you cannot have a 6-6-6 rule in any competition with a send-off rule, as our leagues have. Unworkable, so it's not in place. Rare victory for common sense.
You could throw out all the nomination bullshit for ruck contests while you're at it. Simply penalise a team that has more than one player contest any ball up or throw in. FFS, it's not that hard, is it?

Not hard at all. The ruck nomination rule is one of the more childish and ridiculous things in the game

Doesn’t stop players in country footy appealing for an infringement against those non-existent rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back