2019 - Port Melbourne VFL
2020 - Hoppers Crossing
2021 - Caroline Springs
2021 - Keilor
2022 - Woorinen
2023 - Year Off
2024 - Melton South
2024 - Birchip

Since leaving the AFL/VFL, he hasn’t really settled anywhere of note. Bouncing between multiple clubs in the same league, signing at two clubs during COVID within another league and not playing a game for either. Why would any club really want him back? High points value for a player who isn’t guaranteed to either play many games or stick around. Wouldn’t have thought he has left many places with a good reputation ..?

2014/15 - Pascoe Vale
2016/17 - Essendon Doutta Stars
2018 - Pascoe Vale
2019 - Port Melbourne VFL
2020 - Hoppers Crossing
2021 - Caroline Springs
2021 - Keilor
2022 - Woorinen
2023 - Year Off
2024 - Melton South
2024 - Birchip

Since leaving the AFL/VFL, he hasn’t really settled anywhere of note. Bouncing between multiple clubs in the same league, signing at two clubs during COVID within another league and not playing a game for either. Why would any club really want him back? High points value for a player who isn’t guaranteed to either play many games or stick around. Wouldn’t have thought he has left many places with a good reputation ..?
Bloody hell 😳

Veszpremi left on good terms and possibly be back next year. At this point of his life he has left to play for a side competing for finals. However his injury has refrained him from playing since round 1.

Wilson’s circumstances changed and his still in Adelaide unfortunately.

Wyatt considered staying but wasn’t under contract.

All 3 left on good terms and South going with kids for rest of season and then attempt to relaunch for season 2025.
I guess it can be seen as a negative but then again maybe it’s saving them $$ to go after some players now for next season.

There result on Saturday actually wasn’t that bad considering North usually touch them up. They kept North to a reasonable score considering, just unable to score themselves.
Hey Turbo,
Leaving on good terms- does this include handing back his massive sign on?
I’m pretty sure he won’t be back, either will the others.
It’s unfortunate- but that’s how they roll.
Good luck with the rest of the season.

Hey Turbo,
Leaving on good terms- does this include handing back his massive sign on?
I’m pretty sure he won’t be back, either will the others.
It’s unfortunate- but that’s how they roll.
Good luck with the rest of the season.
Not sure where you get your information Rod but it’s way off the mark. He has left on very good terms.
Cheers.

Whoever gives you your info is always mostly wrong. People have posted rumours about blokes leaving South over the past few weeks and you’ve denied them all, yet all become true I think.
Who are you anyway Slammer as would be interested to know your position in all this.

South ultimately lost 2 players, probably there 2 best recruits in round 1 from injury. One has gone elsewhere to play out the year ( and although disappointing it’s understandable and I guess saves the club some $$$) and the other was supposed to move over to Vic but circumstances changed and hasn’t moved.
Wyatt and Phillips started elsewhere and came across into the season but weren’t committed to anything and decided to move on. Not sure anything can be done about that and it was a risk they had to take I guess. In fact I have seen a message in where they they thanked the club and said they enjoyed the club, it’s just a difficult assignment as it currently stands.

There you go champ. If you know otherwise post it but if it’s BS you will be called out.

Who are you anyway Slammer as would be interested to know your position in all this.

South ultimately lost 2 players, probably there 2 best recruits in round 1 from injury. One has gone elsewhere to play out the year ( and although disappointing it’s understandable and I guess saves the club some $$$) and the other was supposed to move over to Vic but circumstances changed and hasn’t moved.
Wyatt and Phillips started elsewhere and came across into the season but weren’t committed to anything and decided to move on. Not sure anything can be done about that and it was a risk they had to take I guess. In fact I have seen a message in where they they thanked the club and said they enjoyed the club, it’s just a difficult assignment as it currently stands.

There you go champ. If you know otherwise post it but if it’s BS you will be called out.
My position in this, is that I have no position in this. Just saying that some others posters said Patty V was leaving and 2 others had gone to Melton, maybe even said Phillips was going as well. You said that the posters don’t know what they are talking about and were wrong. Yet they did leave. So you don’t have any idea what’s going on, or just trying to paint a picture that everything is fine, despite the fact it’s a dumpster fire 🔥

Last edited:
Low character stuff but nobody can really say that it was unexpected.
Pat sits out 10 weeks with what is usually at worst a 6 week injury & is suddenly available for his new club. Is anyone surprised? No.
Phillips downed tools & clears out early during a match, gets cleared down the Peninsula - is anyone surprised? No.
They recruit a player based in SA - player doesn't move across. Again, anyone surprised? No.

The recruitment of these sorts of characters was raised at the time but the usual sell job of them buying in & being there to set some standards is trotted out.
I feel for the volunteers & those that have bought in but the decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

I get you're close to Pat, Turbo & respect your loyalty. However Slammer is a pretty reasonable poster, the issue is not with what is said on here, it's that we've all seen this play out before & called this well ahead of time on this one.

Low character stuff but nobody can really say that it was unexpected.
Pat sits out 10 weeks with what is usually at worst a 6 week injury & is suddenly available for his new club. Is anyone surprised? No.
Phillips downed tools & clears out early during a match, gets cleared down the Peninsula - is anyone surprised? No.
They recruit a player based in SA - player doesn't move across. Again, anyone surprised? No.

The recruitment of these sorts of characters was raised at the time but the usual sell job of them buying in & being there to set some standards is trotted out.
I feel for the volunteers & those that have bought in but the decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

I get you're close to Pat, Turbo & respect your loyalty. However Slammer is a pretty reasonable poster, the issue is not with what is said on here, it's that we've all seen this play out before & called this well ahead of time on this one.

Well said lad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they lost 2 from their Pre-season signings- big sign on fees which you don’t get back- plus add Phillips who was on big coin plus a sign on.
It’s a sad fact of football unfortunately.
Is there a Footy Ops at South or is the coach in control of recruiting?

Turbo did message me privately weeks ago confirming pat leaving melton south. I'm not sure him staying was a good fit for the club or player. I personally think he should have stayed under mick at keilor. But he's a good player and he will add a bit to north central footy. I'd suggest the north central finals footy will be worth the drive for anyone interested

I agree with blue jet with their recruiting, I think they are at the stage it's better to have someone than no one. I'm surprised with the phillips one

My position in this, is that I have no position in this. Just saying that some others posters said Patty V was leaving and 2 others had gone to Melton, maybe even said Phillips was going as well. You said that the posters don’t know what they are talking about and were wrong. Yet they did leave. So you don’t have any idea what’s going on, or just trying to paint a picture that everything is fine, despite the fact it’s a dumpster fire 🔥
You’re starting to annoy me Slammer.
So please can you tell me who the 2 players were that left south to go to melton bloods 2 weeks ago after the lakers loss? Name them??
This is the comment your referring to that was posted by that Lavo Nuffy..

With Veszpremi as I said he was in 2 minds and was prepared to stay if the club wanted to hold there position but it was in good terms they released him, and at 35 years old I think it’s probably understandable. He did buy in hence it was a good relationship.

You know SFA about any sign ons and to even think Phillips would take a sign on and then leave is so disrespectful to a person like Phillips and the people at South.. You also mention the other 2 players and have a dig at them that they took sign ons and left with the $$$. You have no idea at all and to even say that gives you no credibility on here at all!! That’s poor comment based on your little knowledge..

Last edited:
Turbo did message me privately weeks ago confirming pat leaving melton south. I'm not sure him staying was a good fit for the club or player. I personally think he should have stayed under mick at keilor. But he's a good player and he will add a bit to north central footy. I'd suggest the north central finals footy will be worth the drive for anyone interested

I agree with blue jet with their recruiting, I think they are at the stage it's better to have someone than no one. I'm surprised with the phillips one
Cheers Trent. Yes I think recruiting top end talent if you can to try and sneak a few victories or even closer results can be extremely beneficial with a rebuild and help recruiting in future years and they are still well within any cap..It didnt work out that way though.

I do agree the Bennell experiment didn’t work hence it was only 1 appearance. The recruitment of Garlett was to play a certain number of games. If South didn’t have as many injuries then maybe the Garlett experience would have been more beneficial. With him being a small type forward it wasn’t easy for him. From my knowledge it was his connection to Hodgson that got him to South.
Having said that the Redan game did attract some publicity and a good crowd..

It was reasonably common knowledge that he was done at South - I've a good mate playing at Birchip & poster on here had mentioned it. Why there was any need to pretend otherwise was slightly odd.

In instances such as this it's a waste (effectively, 1 forward, two back), as they commit bulk points to players not committed to the cause - these players were never going to close the gap but hopefully provide a platform to build on in future years. With their big ticket recruits bailing out midway through the year, what does that say to guys they'd be hoping to land/retain for next season?

Sugar hits will not work, continuing to go that route has only set them back further & potentially see some of their guys looking elsewhere.

Hopefully some lessons have been learned because even if they change comps, they'll unfortunately, continue to struggle.

So please can you tell me who the 2 players were that left south to go to melton bloods 2 weeks ago after the lakers loss? Name them??
I checked on playhq, There was definitely one, (I can’t confirm the second one), that crossed to the Bloods from South after the Lakers game, reserves player though.

You’re starting to annoy me Slammer.

With Veszpremi as I said he was in 2 minds and was prepared to stay if the club wanted to hold there position but it was in good terms they released him, and at 35 years old I think it’s probably understandable. He did buy in hence it was a good relationship.

You know SFA about any sign ons and to even think Phillips would take a sign on and then leave is so disrespectful to a person like Phillips and the people at South.. You also mention the other 2 players and have a dig at them that they took sign ons and left with the $$$. You have no idea at all and to even say that gives you no credibility on here at all!! That’s poor comment based on your little knowledge..
You’re a hard person to hold a conversation with. Go check my posts, not once have I talked about sign ons etc. Don’t confuse me with what everyone else has been posting.
Someone else posted about the kids leaving for Bloods, I have no idea who they are, but they said it was confirmed. I can’t be bothered going back and checking.
Never have I made up anything about South, sure I’ve posted how they are basket cases, but never rumours. Believe it or not I don’t give a rats who comes and goes from there.

He also said I was 100% wrong when I said that Patty was out.

He is Patty

Yes they lost 2 from their Pre-season signings- big sign on fees which you don’t get back- plus add Phillips who was on big coin plus a sign on.
It’s a sad fact of football unfortunately.
Is there a Footy Ops at South or is the coach in control of recruiting?
You know nothing on these subjects unfortunately so unsure why you post lies but each to their own I guess. Big sign ons 😂😛😛 Plus you know Phillips do you? I don’t think you would, but try and discredit him on this forum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back