BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You know nothing on these subjects unfortunately so unsure why you post lies but each to their own I guess. Big sign ons 😂😛😛 Plus you know Phillips do you? I don’t think you would, but try and discredit him on this forum.

You cannot seriously be calling other posters liars Turbs

You know nothing on these subjects unfortunately so unsure why you post lies but each to their own I guess. Big sign ons 😂😛😛 Plus you know Phillips do you? I don’t think you would, but try and discredit him on this forum.
Big Sign ons is what got them there….. Jim Beam and Coke doesn’t keep them…….. I’m tipping the sign on didn’t come back… like the great band Oasis sang “ Don’t look back in Anger “ ….. no Footy Ops makes it hard 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Quite a few good games this week by the looks of it.
Ballarat can probably nail themselves into 6th spot. Melton v Sunbury again, after only playing each other 2 weeks ago. Lakers could test Bacchus. Then throw in a GF rematch, where the last 2 games between them have been decided on last kick of the day.
Decent clashes all round, might have something to do with South having a bye

You cannot seriously be calling other posters liars Turbs
Hey Roota, yeah I did reply to you but at that stage he was fielding offers yet intended to stay. Then he had a change of mind. So I guess we could both be technically correct at the point you posted. Also it’s other clubs that contact him and make these offers it’s not him reaching out, that I can assure you.

Big Sign ons is what got them there….. Jim Beam and Coke doesn’t keep them…….. I’m tipping the sign on didn’t come back… like the great band Oasis sang “ Don’t look back in Anger “ ….. no Footy Ops makes it hard 🤷‍♂️
Not big sign ons compared to what other clubs offer as sign ons. And yes ALL clubs do it as part of a deal. Do you honestly think a club would release a contracted player mid season and sign the clearance without negotiating this? If so your knowledge of the footy game is very poor!! What do you think the club contacting these players ask the player who is contracted?? Please spare me!!

So how is it that the bloods managed to dig themselves out of a massive hole and south keep digging themselves into further trouble?

Wasn’t that long ago Melton went 10/12 years without even looking like making finals and even reading back on previous Ballarat forums years back there was talk of both Melton clubs going back to Riddell or even western region.

So what have Melton done differently? Both clubs face the exact same challenges in regards to demographics, competing for players/support/sponsors etc yet one club is flying and the others a rabble

So how is it that the bloods managed to dig themselves out of a massive hole and south keep digging themselves into further trouble?

Wasn’t that long ago Melton went 10/12 years without even looking like making finals and even reading back on previous Ballarat forums years back there was talk of both Melton clubs going back to Riddell or even western region.

So what have Melton done differently? Both clubs face the exact same challenges in regards to demographics, competing for players/support/sponsors etc yet one club is flying and the others a rabble
I was thinking exactly he same. Why is Melton FNC going so well on and off field and South are in a world of pain?

My other question (for Turbos mail) is South have an ongoing problem with the recruiting of players (especially higher profile and better qualified) who just come and go in a very short space of time. Why do the powers that be at the club continue with this approach?

Also, as per the thoughts of other posters, why would the club recruit Veszpremi considering his less than positive history? Surely someone at the club did some background checks on him? I could write an essay on why you wouldn't touch him and in club like South where you are trying to build a winning culture, he would be the last person you want on board.

I was thinking exactly he same. Why is Melton FNC going so well on and off field and South are in a world of pain?

My other question (for Turbos mail) is South have an ongoing problem with the recruiting of players (especially higher profile and better qualified) who just come and go in a very short space of time. Why do the powers that be at the club continue with this approach?

Also, as per the thoughts of other posters, why would the club recruit Veszpremi considering his less than positive history? Surely someone at the club did some background checks on him? I could write an essay on why you wouldn't touch him and in club like South where you are trying to build a winning culture, he would be the last person you want on board.
Melton Bloods have a great committee and footy people who know what they are doing. It would appear the other mob, not so much.
In defence though, many clubs are restricted to a committee of people that are the only ones willing to put their hands up. In that case your skill sets are limited

I checked on playhq, There was definitely one, (I can’t confirm the second one), that crossed to the Bloods from South after the Lakers game, reserves player though.
So a reserves player left, gee whiz so are we now posting up when reserves players leave clubs?? We might have to start up a new thread. 😄😄
That Nuffy guy posted that 2 senior players walked out straight after the lakers game which was absolute BS and posted at a really bad time as well. The Nuffy has now gone into hiding and that was a very poor post.

Anyway we move on.. Enjoy the weekend

Fair points you have raised. It’s from the junior program at Melton bloods that they are reaping the rewards. Possibly due to new housing developments at Melton West but that’s no excuse though.

For the better of footy let’s hope that South can recover as to many clubs struggling since Covid and the introduction of the points system by some drop kick sitting in an office getting paid huge $$ from AFL which ultimately is from the pockets of the average person.
I still believe South were on the rise somewhat during 2021 pre Covid but struggled to reset after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the Fevola/Scorcher “last to first” era has played a massive part in their current situation. Bringing in all them mercenaries and pushing the locals out has had a flow on effect.

I thought Pritchards recruiting in 2020/21/22 was the most plausible & showed the most promise. Getting the ex VFL players full time, that was also a friendship group that was centred around Dylan Conway. Problem was they were all around the 30 y.o mark. Past their prime and other commitments taking priority. Plus just had no local talent to compliment them. Which same problem still stands.

Whereas in 18/19 when Sebas got Tony, Cass, Keeble, Austin, Kiel they were all around the 25-27 age & all stayed for years, some still to this day.

Ballarat can probably nail themselves into 6th spot. Melton v Sunbury again, after only playing each other 2 weeks ago. Lakers could test Bacchus. Then throw in a GF rematch, where the last 2 games between them have been decided on last kick of the day.
No games this weekend.

Why is Sunbury and Melton going at it again so soon?

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great effort by our boys, knocking off a strong Hampden league side down in Warrnambool.
Farrugia, Sutton, Le Huray, O'Keeffe & Miller amongst the better performers IMO.
I really like the u23 concept & think it can operate as a good showcase event for those wishing to push to a higher level.

Great effort by our boys, knocking off a strong Hampden league side down in Warrnambool.
Farrugia, Sutton, Le Huray, O'Keeffe & Miller amongst the better performers IMO.
I really like the u23 concept & think it can operate as a good showcase event for those wishing to push to a higher level.
Yep it's a blue print for interleague to continue

Hey BJ, I see South’s Chapman named best player. 😊

Remove this Banner Ad

Back