BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw most of the Marsh - Darley derby yesty,

Darley kicked out to a 4-5 goal lead a couple times but Bacchus just wouldn’t go away & pegged them back. Had some momentum late in the third & early in the last to get back within a couple goals.

I thought Marsh creamed Darley out the middle in the 2nd half with Goetz dominating the hit outs. Bacchus had to scrap so hard for their goals whilst Darley could go coast to coast & score with relative ease.

Cobras got some great kids like Huxtable, Nixon, Penny, Mckercher , then a handful of older guys with Tyson, LaFranchi, Owen & Armfield, but probably not enough in the 24-28 age bracket at the moment.

Darley probably holding back abit, where as Cobras saw it as their big game to finish off 2024.

Crowd was a far cry from the golden 2016-2018 period, unfortunately looks like supporters of both clubs have dropped off.

Goal umpire going down in the first quarter was a bit of light entertainment.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Darley kicked out to a 4-5 goal lead a couple times but Bacchus just wouldn’t go away & pegged them back. Had some momentum late in the third & early in the last to get back within a couple goals.

I thought Marsh creamed Darley out the middle in the 2nd half with Goetz dominating the hit outs. Bacchus had to scrap so hard for their goals whilst Darley could go coast to coast & score with relative ease.

Cobras got some great kids like Huxtable, Nixon, Penny, Mckercher , then a handful of older guys with Tyson, LaFranchi, Owen & Armfield, but probably not enough in the 24-28 age bracket at the moment.

Darley probably holding back abit, where as Cobras saw it as their big game to finish off 2024.

Crowd was a far cry from the golden 2016-2018 period, unfortunately looks like supporters of both clubs have dropped off.
It was the Cobras Grand Final and Darley just going thru the motions. Umpires tried their best to keep the scores close also
Darley lock in 3rd spot now. Looking forward to watching this first final between Melton and East, going to be a belter

Is Ballarat taking 6th a surprise to many? Reading the results they seem to have taken care of the sides under them pretty easily for the most part

I moved to the area in 2019 and live close to the Maddingley ground. Thought there was huge crowd there myself, train station car park was packed ... what were the crowds like back then?

I moved to the area in 2019 and live close to the Maddingley ground. Thought there was huge crowd there myself, train station car park was packed ... what were the crowds like back then?
Crowds used to be much bigger than Saturday just gone. Thru 2016 to about 2018 when both teams were very good it was a great atmosphere. Marsh have a big following when they are competitive

The derbies in 2017/18 were as big as any in metro/country footy. I knew of people who dropped their cars off inside the ground the night before. Both sides had some controversial characters aswell, which helped peak interest.

Unfortunately you need both clubs at the top of the ladder to draw the big crowds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RDFNL clubs need to vote. If the vote is yes then the BFL clubs need to either endorse or reject the club's transfer.
wonder what efect it will have on the current rdfl club from melton. either way something had to change as its been obvious from afar that its been quite a challeneg out there for a long while now.

BFNL league would like South to stay but won’t stand in there way if the Riddell vote them in. Makes sense overall to move.
if the ridiculous talk of the broadford thing actualy gets through which in turn sounds like it may see gisborne seek an imediate move then its a win win for everyone. south gets a more suitable comp and gisborne in a stronger comp too with ability to have some big gates against some closer oposition.

if the ridiculous talk of the broadford thing actualy gets through which in turn sounds like it may see gisborne seek an imediate move then its a win win for everyone. south gets a more suitable comp and gisborne in a stronger comp too with ability to have some big gates against some closer oposition.
Ideally, South would stay, find new people to oversee recruitment & Gisborne comes across, ridding the comp of the bye.
South departing has the result though so, good luck to them.

Ideally, South would stay, find new people to oversee recruitment & Gisborne comes across, ridding the comp of the bye.
South departing has the result though so, good luck to them.
Not everyone has facilities and cash like your mob BJ. Plus the amount of juniors available. It’s just the way it is unfortunately, they had to move.
Rest assured my mail tells me that now it’s South but possibly more to move in the coming years. Could seriously shake up country footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back