BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not everyone has facilities and cash like your mob BJ. Plus the amount of juniors available. It’s just the way it is unfortunately, they had to move.
Rest assured my mail tells me that now it’s South but possibly more to move in the coming years. Could seriously shake up country footy.
South's problems had little to do with cash as they've had some of the highest paid players in the comp.
As you pointed out recently when sneering at my club, South were fielding the full complement of sides.
Your mail regarding Marsh was already dismissed outright but if others do opt to leave in time, the league & its clubs will cross that bridge when they come to it.
In the mean time, no bye & no advantage to sides getting to play South twice & South get a fresh start elsewhere.
Disappointing but it's a win/win.

South's problems had little to do with cash as they've had some of the highest paid players in the comp.
As you pointed out recently when sneering at my club, South were fielding the full complement of sides.
Your mail regarding Marsh was already dismissed outright but if others do opt to leave in time, the league & its clubs will cross that bridge when they come to it.
In the mean time, no bye & no advantage to sides getting to play South twice & South get a fresh start elsewhere.
Disappointing but it's a win/win.
That’s all rumours on the payments outside the years Fev came across. Other clubs, yours included, spend huge amounts so please spare me..
I think ultimately the clubs that don’t have multiple teams in juniors to bring high numbers through will move purely as it’s easier to compete and less stress on volunteers to continue to raise high amounts of money to play BFNL. It’s that’s simple! Love the BFNL but it’s becoming to hard to compete.

Look at Melton. They are a strong side as that group stayed together, however what are there juniors like as sooner or later that might catch up with them unfortunately. There roots lie with Riddell as well so who knows what the future holds for them also. Do they have lots of $$$ or do they want to keep digging to find $$ to compete in BFNL long term. It’s an interesting one.

South do have a very large following so thinking maybe it’s best for them to play a competition closer to home and obviously get some wins to keep supporters coming each week.

Turbo

I see Springbank have appointed Pritchard. Wonder if any go with him, or who leaves to still play in Premier elsewhere ?
I preface this by stating I hope they don't leave but I reckon more clubs than just Springbank will be trying to get Cody Chapman, Mitch Fino, Jarrod Bibby, Broden Collins and Lachlan Pritchard out of South.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have the money to do it. If they keep their current list and recruit a few they’ll go close. They will have a crack, we all know what they are like.
Kyneton also had the money, yet they haven't qualified for finals in their first year in the RDFL. Others may know better but they seemed to be much less of a rabble than south?

Kyneton also had the money, yet they haven't qualified for finals in their first year in the RDFL. Others may know better but they seemed to be much less of a rabble than south?
You’re right in a sense but remember South are in a stronger league and have got games into some younger players. Anyway who really knows..Time will tell

I see Springbank have appointed Pritchard. Wonder if any go with him, or who leaves to still play in Premier elsewhere ?
No one I believe as Heath does have morals and is highly respected at South and been involved in trying to get them into a more appropriate league and a better place.

I preface this by stating I hope they don't leave but I reckon more clubs than just Springbank will be trying to get Cody Chapman, Mitch Fino, Jarrod Bibby, Broden Collins and Lachlan Pritchard out of South.
Do you think these homegrown players were not considered in the attempt to move leagues for some success. Don’t think they will go anywhere as they are pretty loyal. If they wanted to move they would have gone years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back