BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Riddell is now classified as a major league, plenty of really good players run around there now. South might win 2-3 games next year. Also plenty of good coaches in the rdfl. If I'm Ballarat I'm going for both gisborne sides and diggers rest to join the comp in meltons absence

I'm curious as to what would happen to Centrals when Melton South move back to the RDFL. I understand they were only created when Melton & South moved to the BFL, would they survive a cross town rival in the same league that is bound to be more successful? Would a merger be on the cards?

I'm curious as to what would happen to Centrals when Melton South move back to the RDFL. I understand they were only created when Melton & South moved to the BFL, would they survive a cross town rival in the same league that is bound to be more successful? Would a merger be on the cards?
Rivalry in town I think is always a good thing. Leaves one club where guys want to challenge themselves in Ballarat, whilst the riddell league keeps improving. It's also worth noting that melton has grown in population since centrals were formed

Mergers are always difficult and needs a big figurehead to make it happen but they do wear similar colours and merging the clubs could create a stronger junior program to build a more sustainable base from. However it won’t happen.
South have new clubrooms and a great ground to draw players to as you all are aware. It’s just so difficult to draw players to South to play BFNL but drawing them to play Riddell is more accommodating due to less travel and obviously a lower more competitive league. Only positive of BFNL is the brilliant surfaces in this league..
The travel is not only difficult for players but also supporters, staff and volunteers..

Best of luck to you all in the future..
Turbo signing off…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals venues were announced over a month ago.
Finish 1st , 3rd and 4th and you should get a home final in your region. Doesn't always happen but should. I would be happy in week 1 of the finals if those three positions on the ladder got home games, just makes it difficult for the clubs doing the food and alcohol.

Finish 1st , 3rd and 4th and you should get a home final in your region. Doesn't always happen but should. I would be happy in week 1 of the finals if those three positions on the ladder got home games, just makes it difficult for the clubs doing the food and alcohol.

Which clubs have the bar & canteen this year ?

What would they have done if 1st, 3rd and 4th were Melton, Darley, Sunbury?

Remove this Banner Ad

BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back